Sorry guys, this has probably been covered before, I did look through using the Search Facility but I couldn't find anything.

So I downloaded the Bolt Browser because I was told it was a touch faster than the default browser on the Curve 8900 and also because it would fit the websites to the screen. For example; CrackBerry. However I have found that this is not the case. I typed in www.m.crackberry.com - the normal website came up? :S

Also it's not as fast as everyone said it was infact it seems slower.

Does it cost any extra to use BOLT or is it taken from your data plan as with the default browser. I would really like to be able to use a proper browser just to make my browsing experience that little bit better for me! I was really hoping that BOLT would be able to do this but no. Anyone got any suggestions why it isn't working for me, settings that aren't set correct etc?

Any help would, as always, be very much appreciated.
    06-18-09 01:58 PM
    My only advice is to ditch bolt and continue with the default browser. I tried opera, and bolt and i still feel the default browser is better. If you want to go to crackberry just use the CB launcher.
    06-18-09 02:01 PM
    Thanks for your advice, I am starting to feel like I'd be better off with the default. I do usually use CB launcher, just thought I'd do something different. Better the devil you know I suppose?
    06-18-09 02:02 PM
    I was iffy about the default browser at first. But it gets the job done whenever i need to go online. But when skyfire browser becomes out for the BB that's a different story!! Skyfire: Free mobile browser. The PC web on your phone. Real fast.
    06-18-09 02:06 PM
    I was just looking at that, looks cool. Wonder when they will release it for BlackBerry devices!
    06-18-09 02:08 PM
    I didn't care for Bolt myself. I turned on all the setting for the BB browser and was quite amazed at good it looks and works. Granted I prefer the toned down mobile sites anyway when using my BB.
    06-18-09 02:09 PM
    Love the Bolt Browser, works great for me. Oh, and FobBerry, when you type in an address (your example was CrackBerry), don't put in the mobile address, put in the "www." addresss. For example, www.crackberry.com instead of m.crackberry.com.

Agree, though... Can't wait for Skyfire.
    06-18-09 02:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD