Hi everyone, hope you can help me with this. I would LIKE to buy a Q10 or Z10 (preferrably Q10) but the one thing holding me back is being able to find an app that is headless, can record calls seamlessly, recording both sides loud and clear, WITHOUT speakerphone or needing to place my current call on hold and dial a seperate #. (it's for business and hands-free note-taking use for calls)

Any Q10/Z10 users here have actual success with any apps?

Like what about Call Recorder? I've been seeing completely contradicting reiews online for it, some say it works without speakerphone, some not, some say it doesnt work period. Not sure who to believe https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...countrycode=CA

So crazy how my ancient Palm Centro could record calls perfectly in the background automatically, and yet it seems almost impossible to find newer smartphones that can x_x.

Any apps/hack suggestions?
    06-02-16 03:37 AM
    Hi everyone, hope you can help me with this. I would LIKE to buy a Q10 or Z10 (preferrably Q10) but the one thing holding me back is being able to find an app that is headless, can record calls seamlessly, recording both sides loud and clear, WITHOUT speakerphone or needing to place my current call on hold and dial a seperate #. (it's for business and hands-free note-taking use for calls)

Any Q10/Z10 users here have actual success with any apps?

Like what about Call Recorder? I've been seeing completely contradicting reiews online for it, some say it works without speakerphone, some not, some say it doesnt work period. Not sure who to believe https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...countrycode=CA

So crazy how my ancient Palm Centro could record calls perfectly in the background automatically, and yet it seems almost impossible to find newer smartphones that can x_x.

Any apps/hack suggestions?
    I'm unable to vouch for the specific call recording app you've linked however I use Call Recorder by X-Reve almost daily, and own several others (Record My Calls - Runisoft, Parrot - Voice Recorder, Phone Tap (Devcellent), Call Recorder Pro (Toysoft) to name a few. I agree, there are mixed opinions regarding how well the incoming voice is captured. However, there is no question that they all lack the API allowing developers to incorporate this feature in their apps - no fault of the developers. Blackberry simply hasn't released it. As a consequence, they all suffer the same inability to record the incoming call directly (resulting in the necessity to use speakerphone for adequate recording of the full conversation).

You have many options to obtain the headless, automatic, and seamless function you desire but none will give you the loud and clear dual conversation capture without speakerphone, period. The bias of varied user expectations, volume settings, and environmental differences are but a few of the reasons likely responsible for reviews of mixed success without speakerphone. If it's unreasonable for you to turn on speakerphone or are ill satisfied with recording results at full volume then no options exist. Bottom line: If you're basing your decision to purchase a BB10 on hopes of that API being released then I would look elsewhere - those chances are very slim.
    06-02-16 09:50 AM