Hey everyone,

I apologize in advance if this is a n00b question, but I'm at a loss for what to do, and have spent some time scouring the interwebs, and can't seem to find what I'm looking for (insert U2 song here).

On my old Blackberry Bold 9700 (the one I loved before the screen went kaput), I had 2 Facebooks: the actual Facebook for Blackberry App from the Blackberry App store. This I mainly used to sync pictures with contacts, and for quick checking of statuses, etc.

Then, I also had a Facebook icon which launched directly to Welcome to Facebook using the web browser (and stayed logged in). I used this more often, as I am used to the full website.

I can't seem to find anyone who would have a launcher icon for Facebook that I can download. I realize I could probably develop one using getjar.com, but I've never done that before, and frankly, am looking for an easier solution.

If anyone can help, that would be fantastic!!

Thank you much,

Eric
    12-22-10 05:16 PM
    If you lost the launcher, did you delete it or hide it by mistake?

Try menu > show all, you'll be able to find it, check in all folders.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-10 05:30 PM
    No, unfortunately, when I backed everything up, and did a restore on my new blackberry, the launcher was not saved.
    12-23-10 03:04 AM
    I should clarify a few things.

1). Old Blackberry had the launcher. That blackberry's screen went kaput, and T-Mobile sent me out a replacement Blackberry. I backed everything up using Desktop Manager (but failed to backup 3rd party applications, as I was too hasty, and too frazzled at the time), and then deleted all content off of old phone, as I had confidential business information on there.

2). New Blackberry. Did full restore, and then realized to my dismay that all my 3rd party apps were not copied and restored. However, I was a bit relieved to find out that Blackberry App World had saved a list of all my "uninstalled" apps, so I was able to reinstall from there.

After doing so, I realized that the web-based Facebook I liked and used was loaded from a launcher. Ergo, the reason for this post.

If anyone knows where I could find a Facebook launcher, that would be fantastic! Thanks much.

Eric

P.S. I found a website which showed me how to create a launcher, but said I needed to purchase certification keys. I'd rather not spend money, if I don't have to.
    12-23-10 03:07 AM
    12-23-10 06:37 AM
    I've never seen a Facebook icon that launched the mobile site before... Anyways, glad you found your answer.

On your original 9700, was the icon just there? Did you always have two icons? Did you somehow download the launcher at one time? I'm curious to know where it came from!
    12-23-10 08:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD