So I finally got around to installing OS5 on my BB and it looks sweet.

I encountered some problems though when my BB restarted after the OS installation.

1. It asked to update applications to work with OS5 - Those were facebook and BB App World. It updated facebook fine, but said there was no update for App World. I now no longer can see App World in my list of programs or applications. Can someone please guide me on where I may be able to find this (And possibly how I could reinstall it)?

2. I cant find the key lock icon anywhere! Where is it!!!??? Please help.

I do not want to uninstall OS 5 for these 2 small issues. Any help would be much appreciated.

P.S.

BBM 5 was also removed from the system upon the upgrade. i am downloading and installing it now, hoping my contacts haven't disappeared!

Thanks from Dubai...
    03-08-10 02:34 AM
    Unlock has been removed from the newest release of OS 5. It is now a lock/standby combo that is enabled by holding down the asterisk key and you unlock it by holding down the mute (pause/play at top of phone) button. Here are files for AppWorld. Load them onto your phone using BBSAK. Load the resource file first as the phone will reboot after loading the app COD. When you reboot AppWorld should be there or properly update. You can also use the javaloader including in the zip file to load the files. Instructions are included in a text file. The phone will reboot, if not, do a battery pull after loading the two cod files.

Use the built-on contact backup by your email address included in BBM. That way if your contacts are ever lost they can be recovered automatically from RIM's servers as long as the email used to back them up is associated with your BB's push email service.
    03-08-10 04:33 AM
    Set a password for your phone and the Lock icon will show up.
    03-08-10 06:18 AM
    Thanks!
    Both issues sorted.

@Jackbox - The remote back up worked fine. I've heard problems where there is a chance that your remote backup mail fail to install, but luckily didn't have that problem.

Would I be too greedy to ask whether there's an auto-lock keys program for OS5? I was using tinylock, but it fails to work on this OS!

Thanks for the great input.
    03-08-10 11:44 PM
    just throwing my 2 cents over here. My facebook and bb store app upgrade without any problem at the reboot prompt, and they are working ATM...
    03-09-10 12:17 AM
    just throwing my 2 cents over here. My facebook and bb store app upgrade without any problem at the reboot prompt, and they are working ATM...
    Mine probably didn't because I am in a country that does not provide App World.
    03-09-10 12:42 AM
    dang =S sorry about that... great to read that all is fixed
    03-09-10 01:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD