HELPplease
    Am a new blackberry user and love my BOLD.
    after downloading Desktop manager it asked me to upgrade software which I did.
    After this finished I have lost all the Documents to go, Maps, all the games that came with it (miss the texas hold em)
    It was backed up before the upgrade but this will not give any option for the apps back.
    I also tried to download app world to get them that way but says my device is not compatable.
    Its putting me off my blackberry and need help.
    Thanks
    03-17-10 12:12 PM
    Plug back into Desktop Manager, click on Application Loader, then Add/Remove Applications.

This should bring up a list of Device Applications, just scroll down the list and tick the boxes for all those you want adding to your device, then press next.
    03-17-10 12:19 PM
    I tried that but when I go into application loader there is nothing there to select!!
    03-17-10 12:43 PM
    You might want to try it again and read the selections on the first screen or two before the list comes up... this is the way you have to load apps that come in the OS.
    03-17-10 12:49 PM
    hi fatboy
    i plugged in the phone
    on the main menu clicked on application loader
    then had a choice of add/remove applications or update software.
    clicked start for add/remove
    t showed three stages of progress then a screen for device application selection.
    this is blank nothing to select
    03-17-10 01:23 PM
    "Main Menu" of What??? DM???

STOP... use Loader.exe in the "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader" folder.
    03-17-10 01:26 PM
    I think I know what's happened here Russell...

If you updated directly through Desktop Manager, then you must have missed the Application Device selection screen during the process, and the option to tick which apps you wanted adding to your device.

Unfortunately, by updating this way it does not install the OS onto your PC, so you won't be able to go back and choose again. You'll have to manually download and install the OS from the sticky at the top of the page, then plug into Desktop Manager again to reinstall those missing apps.
    03-17-10 01:45 PM
    sorry i said i was newbie...
    ok tried that way and from the directionabove with same results as before
    sorry just read that phill will try now
    Have you not backed up your bb before the upgrade. Depending on your setting before a software update there will be an autoback file created. Hopefully that is available and you can get your apps back.

Good Luck
    03-18-10 12:00 AM
    Phil u are the man.
    I am all working as normal.
    made my week that has!!
    I upgraded on the PC like u said. I then found all the apps. but this crashed the blackberry. I then managed to get into desktop manager and downgraded the software to previous version and now all ok.
    Thanks again
    03-18-10 08:33 AM
    Glad you're sorted Russell

I hate it when DM pushes an official release directly to your phone. I prefer to download and install the OS first, delete all the rubbish I don't want/need, and then update at my leisure.
    03-18-10 08:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD