Hey everyone ,I've bought my first blackberry i:e 9300 3G
    neways
    Well my bb came installed wid facebook 1.8 , and I got to knw that it only works with a data plan .
    I unistalled it
    I got to knw frm facebook and blackberry site that version 1.6 can work without dataplan so I downloaded that frm crackberry's one of the thread . It was a zip file , had *.alx file and *.cod* files. i tried installing it through desktop manager but it failed , please help me. It show's option of downgrade in Desktop manager but whn i click on that nothin happens.. .. please please i really need it... help me
    09-24-10 01:57 PM
    Do a search for BBSAK (BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife) and use it to install the app. Be warned that it is a powerful tool and you can damage your BlackBerry if you don't know what you're doing.
    09-24-10 03:09 PM
    First if you want any kind of internet connection you have to have a data plan and the carrier salesman should have told you that. Second if you dont want to spend the money on a data plan yet still have internet....wifi is the only option. About the 1.6 version you better re-check that. I dont know of anything that will work onthe internet with out a data plan or wifi connection.
    09-24-10 03:11 PM
    if you have a data plan facebook app will work if you use wifi YOU DO NOT NEED A DATA PLAN JUST LOG IN VIA WEB..............
    09-25-10 09:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD