I just got my Blackberry Curve 8830 today cause I couldn't take the Storm anymore and I tried to install Epocrates and I couldn't get it. It kept crapping out on me cause of a java problem. So when I tried to delete this app, I rebooted after it said its deleted and now I still have the icon, its showing that its an app in use, but it's not in my applications list at all. Can someone tell me how to completely kill this app please! Thanks in advance
    02-14-09 11:48 PM
    Pull the battery to see if you can remove it that way. Might need to use DM but I think the battery pull will take care of it
    02-14-09 11:59 PM
    Battery pull did nothing. Sounding like a total noob here but what is the Desktop Manager and how to I access it?
    I would just hide it but it shows that the app is running and I can't have that.
    02-15-09 12:06 AM
    Try opening the icon on the phone, then press the menu button then scroll and click close, then try to delete.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-09 12:08 AM
    This may sound naive, but I had some issues with epocrates as well. had to do a new install when I upgraded to 4.5 OS. But try to delete it again, that is if it's still showing in your app list. Otherwise you'll have to synch your phone with the desktop manager (should be on the cd that came with your berry). Then search the RIM files for anything pertaining to Epocrates. Unless anyone else has any easier ideas.
    02-15-09 12:11 AM
    when I open the icon on the phone it goes back to the installation screen and it stops when I try to install it cause of an invalid username and password so I just want to get rid of it cause I cant even get to the point where I put in my username and password cause of having no java. This is insanely frustrating me. Going to menu just gives me options to install now or later.
    02-15-09 12:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD