I just upgraded the FB app and when I went into my contacts, all of my contacts who are linked to FB now have the contact info (e-mails & phone #'s) field that says "Content Protection is enabled." I have never enabled my content protection! So my contacts are there; however, I cannot view the actual e-mail address or phone numbers.

Contacts who were not linked to FB are totally fine.

What I've done so far:
    Double checked that my content protection was, in fact disabled. check.
    Uninstalled the FB app. check.
    Battery pull.
    Still can't see my contacts.

One thing that is new that I noticed: Options > Security > Gen Settings > all the way at the bottom on the last line it says,
    Services: Facebook [facebook_service_key]

Can anyone assist me?

Thanks, in advance.
    10-21-09 10:50 AM
    I would suggest deleting FB again, then re-installing it, then, upon initial setup, make sure to uncheck the box that says "BlackBerry Contacts Application". I'm thinking that'll do it for you.
    10-21-09 01:10 PM
    it seems there are a lot of issues with the new FB, i'm currently looking for a way to go back to the previous version
    10-22-09 07:53 AM
    it seems there are a lot of issues with the new FB, i'm currently looking for a way to go back to the previous version
    Sorry you're having trouble. Try the link in this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=341710

What specific problems are you having? Maybe someone of us can help...
    10-22-09 07:58 AM
    What specific problems are you having? Maybe someone of us can help...
    Yeah, I personally haven't been having any issues related to the app. Yesterday FB wasn't sending me any notification e-mails, but they cleared that all up. What can we help you with?
    10-22-09 08:04 AM
    Thanks for the replies. After going to the Verizon store, they looked at it and confirmed the only thing to do to fix it was to wipe it. Luckily, I'm a fanatic with my backing up so I had a back up from 2 days ago. I did d/l the new FB app again but I definitely unchecked the boxes in the app so it won't link to my contacts, calendar or anything. Even w/the backup, it's still labor intensive to re-do all of my settings, etc.

I'm going to be extra careful about clicking on that "download" button going forward. Not being able to view my e-mails and phone numbers in my contacts paralyzed me.

Thanks again...!
    10-22-09 06:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD