I just switched to the Storm 2 from the Storm 1 and did a "restore" from DM and none of my apps or theme moved over. On the Storm 1 I had CB mobile app as well as the Super Store ap where I could check for updates on all the apps I had bought. Now none of that is on the Storm 2. I looked in the Download, Applications and Set Up folders..........

Also how do I find and set Google as my search engine? I set all this up almost 2 yrs ago and have forgotten how to set them up.

Oh and all my ringtones are also missing.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    06-26-10 04:07 PM
    A standard backup won't move apps over. Use the "device transfer wizard" on DM to do that.

Even if you restore your apps, you may have to activate any you've paid for by contacting the vendor and switching PIN numbers. Mobihand lets you do this on their site.

On verizon, you're stuck with Bing...should have been that way on your S1.

Ringtones were probably on the SD card, either swap cards or transfer the contents over to the new card.
    06-26-10 04:19 PM
    I'll do the Device Transfer wizard now. Seems my BB email is working but my gmail isn't............thinking I have to go to Gmail settings and reset it up. Yes? if not how do I get my gmail acct working again on my phone?
    06-26-10 04:25 PM
    Just go to email settings log in delete your gmail account and then re-add it. That should take care of it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-10 06:54 PM
    A standard backup won't move apps over. Use the "device transfer wizard" on DM to do that.

Even if you restore your apps, you may have to activate any you've paid for by contacting the vendor and switching PIN numbers. Mobihand lets you do this on their site.

On verizon, you're stuck with Bing...should have been that way on your S1.

Ringtones were probably on the SD card, either swap cards or transfer the contents over to the new card.
    ^^^ What Pete said ^^^

Plus, any apps purchased here at Crackberry.com will provide new registration codes exactly like Mobihand does. Just have to change your PIN in your CrackBerry store profile.
    06-26-10 07:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD