hi i'm trying to sync my contacts via google sync and the update keeps failing and says server problems any ideas?
    11-22-08 08:35 AM
    Google sync is calendar only.
    11-22-08 08:42 AM
    server problems eh? well for me what is happening is that the calander syncs perfect but the contacts never sync perfect.

i do see about a third of my contacts come over, but after that it fails.... From what i can see data transfer stops... its almost as if telus doesnt like me doing it and keeping a connection open for so long...
    11-22-08 08:43 AM
    Google sync is calendar only.
    google sync is contacts and calanders
    11-22-08 08:43 AM
    i'm sorry ya calendar syncs and contacts almost all the way then fails
    11-22-08 08:44 AM
    mine was doing that for like the first two days after I installed it, since than its been fine. Oddly enough, even though it said it was failing it appeared to have added all of my contacts.
    11-22-08 08:48 AM
    i'm sorry ya calendar syncs and contacts almost all the way then fails
    do your contacts work??

im using this now conjolasync.com

using that for contacts and then using google sync for calanders...

Dream setup i gotta tell you!

Conjola sync, syncs your contacts with google... There was a huge thread somewhere here about this
    11-22-08 09:05 AM
    mine was doing that for like the first two days after I installed it, since than its been fine. Oddly enough, even though it said it was failing it appeared to have added all of my contacts.

mine was sorta the same but it was missing about 50 contacts so it really wasnt doing its job...
    11-22-08 09:05 AM
    Was anyone else getting duplicate calendar entries using Google Sync? This was happening to me 100% of the time on events such as birthdays that repeat themselves each year. It would pop up twice on that day as an event.....

Work around?
    11-22-08 09:08 AM
    Google contacts sync *really* isn't ready for prime time, imho. I tried it a few days ago on my pearl, and it failed several times, then "succeeded" only to put things on my BB in the wrong fields, and lots of dupes. I've disabled contacts sync for now, until they iron out the bugs.
    11-22-08 09:15 AM
    I'm getting duplicate calendar entries on every recurring event, as well. Which stinks! I'm going to try erasing the calendar and starting fresh.

-R.
    11-22-08 04:07 PM
    odd, i had no trouble with my contacts or calendar. seems like everything else, random.
    11-22-08 04:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD