Hi all,

Just downloaded google maps on my Bold..it works well but i cant seem to get the gps to work...everytime i go to check it says waiting for GPS. Now on my last phone, all i had to do was click my options and it had the option to use the GPS but on this one i cant see any option.

So any ideas??...or do i have to go outside and just wait for the GPS to lock on??.

Also i need a good weather app??...im in the UK and for some odd reason accuweather doesnt seem to want to work. I try putting in my location but it doesnt find it...i mean London UK isnt exactly a village now is it?? lol. So again anyone with any help on this...i think i downloaded the app...it said something about up to 3 hrs before the icon shows up etc.

Any help would be appreciated.
    12-08-08 06:10 AM
    go to options>advanced options>GPS...make sure the GPS is turned on.
    12-08-08 07:35 AM
    go to options>advanced options>GPS...make sure the GPS is turned on.
    Yeh checked that and its on...i just tried BBmaps and that worked perfect...closed that down then tried google maps and it now works lol...strange..
    12-08-08 08:06 AM
    Another question??...anyone know how i can change my homepage to something different...really want my homepage as google rather than crappy tmobile t-zones that it keeps loading up with.
    12-08-08 08:12 AM
    Another question??...anyone know how i can change my homepage to something different...really want my homepage as google rather than crappy tmobile t-zones that it keeps loading up with.
    That should be straightforward enough:

Go into your browser and click Menu>Options>Browser Configuration

Scoll down to bottom where it lists 'Home Page Address' and you can clear the current one or type in your own using the 'Full Menu' option if neccessary.
    12-08-08 08:19 AM
    That should be straightforward enough:

Go into your browser and click Menu>Options>Browser Configuration

Scoll down to bottom where it lists 'Home Page Address' and you can clear the current one or type in your own using the 'Full Menu' option if neccessary.
    Thanks dude...that solved my homepage problem...this phone is so much different to others that i have used...think im finally getting to grips with it.
    12-08-08 08:22 AM
    Hmmm can anyone tell me where i can find the CB launcher??...cant seem to find it?? anyone help??
    12-08-08 09:19 AM
    Hmmm can anyone tell me where i can find the CB launcher??...cant seem to find it?? anyone help??

navigate to http://mobile.crackberry.com on your browser and there is a link to install it middle of the page
    12-08-08 09:22 AM
    navigate to http://mobile.crackberry.com on your browser and there is a link to install it middle of the page
    Thanks again dude...
    Last edited by Spawn12; 12-08-08 at 09:46 AM.
    12-08-08 09:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD