Okay I have been searching for atleast an hour now and not having much luck. I have tried to download the Google App on to my Storm and have been told that the App is not compatible with my phone. Has anyone else had this problem? Is this App compatible with the Storm, or is it that I am using a hybrid OS? My wife wants to be able to search the internet using her voice, but I have been unable to set this up for her. Any help will be greatly appreciated. And will also score me some brownie points.
    08-24-09 11:51 PM
    I had trouble with the Google search app on my Storm when it 1st came out. I started using Vlingo instead and I've been really pleased - it's much more full-featured (use it to voice dial, add tasks, web search, etc). It does a pretty good job recognizing what I'm saying, and if it makes a mistake, you have an opportunity to correct it and it will learn from that. Very sophisticated for a free app. Unless your wife is deadset on Google, I'd try Vlingo (avail from App World) or even the Bing app.
    08-25-09 12:27 AM
    vlingo is a huge resource hog...if you go to the google bookmark that is auto-loaded on your browser, then click the "more" and go to gmail, it'll have a download link for the google app (i think that's the one you want)

and no hybrid OS use, it is forbidden!!!!
    08-25-09 01:25 AM
    its not supported at this time
    08-25-09 11:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD