I've searched the forums and can't seem to find an answer to this problem. I have Foursquare Version: 3.3.0, BlackBerry Messenger Version: 6.0.0.129 and Filescout Version: 2.7.1.3 installed on my Torch 9800 running OS 6.0.0.600 and for the life of me I can't connect Foursquare nor Filescout to BlackBerry Messenger.

I could with the previous version of Foursquare, but now it just hangs with the Verifying Foursqure or step 2 and then says I have to login to blackberry id or some nonsense.

Same with Filescout, can't connect it and it just hangs on step 2.

I've reset all the permissions, deleted, reinstalled, etc. etc. etc....even cleared my cash to attempt to fix this problem. As I've said, I have checked the forums for a solution and have come up pretty dry.

Any ideas guys?
    10-19-11 04:04 PM
    I have an idea that worked for me.
    I have seven (7) BBM connected applications on my device. I noticed that when I upgrade one or some of the applications, the BBID does the same for me as well. It is as if the BBID is not stable for large amounts of applications to work with BBM and ceases to work after an application upgrade or new install. It happens quite often to me, and the fix has become rather routine...

FYI.
    I have...
    AP Mobile
    Bible
    Caro
    FileScout
    Poynt
    ScoreMobile
    ZonaSnap

Here's what I do...
    Go to Options->Device->Application management. Delete the BlackBerry Identity application and reboot/battery pull.
    When your device is up and running, open 4SQ or FileScout and it will check to see if you have BBID installed, and when it doesn't see it, it will prompt you to download it again. After you download the BBID again and sign in you should be good to go.

The only downside is that you may have to re-register all of your other BBM connect applications with BBM again. Sometimes the others automatically register from the persistent memory, other times I have to manually do it again myself.

HTH
    Morbium likes this.
    10-19-11 07:06 PM
    Nope, not working. ive tried it twice,deleting foursquare, blackberry id, etc and no go. Very odd.

Maybe its the newest version of Foursquare, but filescout won't connect either....very odd.

BlackBerry music, Gas Buddy and Poynt seems to work though.
    Last edited by Morbium; 10-19-11 at 10:27 PM.
    10-19-11 10:22 PM
    Yep. Very odd.
    Hmmm. Almost every time I update one of those applications I have to go through the ritual of deleting the BlackBerry Identity application, and having a BBM connected application re-install it for me. It works every time for me. Other than that, I have no other suggestions. Wish I could help more.
    10-19-11 10:27 PM
    Thank you for the help.

I'm going to try to delete foursquare, filescout and BlackBerry ID all at the same time, reinstall Foursquare first and the try the reboot. i never got the prompt to download last time.
    10-19-11 10:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD