I have a few friends on Facebook who have all these damn applications posting things to their walls and as well, they can't seem to stop posting garbage.

On the full web, I unsubscribed from their feeds showing up on my home page. I need to physically go to their page to see status updates. That's the way I want it.

However, it appears that this setting does not carry over to the mobile application.

In essence, when I open the Facebook App on my Bold 9900, I only see their stuff because of the bombardment of what I noted above. If I switch to "go to mobile site" they aren't there.

So my question is;

Is there a way to unsubscribe to a friend's feed from showing up on my mobile app because it appears the unsubscribe option on the web version doesn't carry over to the phone application.

Thank you in advance to all that take the time to reply.

Regards,
    DrFever
    02-09-12 09:59 AM
    Did you try clearing your cache in the FB app after you unsubscribed to their feeds on the website? I'm also on a 9900, and I just recently unsubscribed from a couple friends on the full website, and I believe I no longer saw them in my News Feed in the app, after I cleared the cache.

Having said that, I always find that there are inconsistencies between what shows up on A) the full website, B) the app, and C) the mobile site. Kind of annoying.
    02-10-12 09:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD