Hello Berry Heads,

My facebook notifications are not coming in! I have mu BB linked to my hotmail account, which i use to log into facebook and I have the latest version of FB.

The app works and I update, poke, message, etc- but I do not get a notification when someone pokes me, messages ect.

I only got 2 notifications when i downloaded the app a few days ago(getting started and Welcome). I have people send me test messages and the only way i can see them is to go to the mobile site! Can anyone help? what am i doing wrong???
    06-17-09 01:19 PM
    Go to the regular facebook website on your PC, click settings on the top right and then click account settings. click the notifications tab, and make sure everything is set to on.. if that doesnt solve it, try to reinstall facebook and do a battery pull..
    please report back!
    06-17-09 01:41 PM
    Ahhhh, didnt work! all my app settings (notifications are on) - I uninstalled, did a battery pull and reinstalled. No Dice

can you suggest anything else?
    06-17-09 02:12 PM
    It won't work if you have installed any kind of MSN or Windows Live Messenger version on any PC.

The way that facebook notification works is kind of a token thing, when you receive something that needs to be notified, Facebook just send 1 "token", so you Windows Live o MSN gets them fist and you Blackberry neve gets them.

Same thing happened to me for some time until I found a thead that talked about it, then I googled it and even Microsoft had a techincal bulletin mentioning it.

So, solution, assuming you have one of the Messenger installed in any PC and you want to get your notifications on your BB, then uninistall the messenger.
    Last edited by erasat; 06-18-09 at 11:20 AM.
    06-17-09 04:08 PM
    I dont have it on the PC, but I do have it installed on the BB.. just to be clear, you are saying that if I un-install windows live on my blackberry the facebook should work? Can I just switch the email address connected to my facebook??
    06-18-09 10:17 AM
    Windows Live in BB works just like any of the PC Messenger, so yes, if you uninstall the Windows Live App from your BB, Facebook notifications (assuming you are logged in in the Facebook App) should come through the BB.

But if you don't want to uninstall the Windows Live app, then you should consider your other option and change the Facebook email to any other email account.
    06-18-09 10:36 AM
    Thank you so much! It worked! I passed it along to the Blackberry Fan page on FB too...seems it is a widespread issue!

you rock!
    06-18-09 11:15 AM
    You're welcome, I'm glad it worked, but I must ask what you decided to do, did you uninstall Windlows Live or simply changed Facebook email address?
    06-18-09 11:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD