I've read several posts/threads that seem to help others, but I can't seem to eliminate the duplicate entries I get on my handheld when using Google calendar. I get only one event at Google online, but even when I set my Bold to show only my gmail calendar items (via CICAL, via options within the Bold calendar, etc.), it reverts to show other calendars, and I end up with duplicate events.

Thanks, all, for your patience and assistance.
    Frank
    05-10-09 02:22 PM
    Let me see if I understand the situation: you are syncing with google calendar and you have the same event on the google calendar and also one associated with another email address (I'm assuming from syncing with Outlook). You only want to have it show once.

If so, why don't you just delete the entires from the Outlook associated calendar and turn off the syncing for the calendar (for Outlook) and just go with the Google calendar?
    05-10-09 04:57 PM
    Thanks, CavingJan.

No, I am not using Outlook.

I am using the BB native calendar function and google calendar. This results in 2-3 entries for most events.

Thanks for the continued assistance.
    Frank
    05-11-09 07:29 AM
    Are your duplicate entries all showing for the same email address or do you have two different email addresses showing for the events?

If they are on other email addresses, can you filter to those email addresses and purge the events?
    05-11-09 09:49 AM
    Some are made through the native BB calendar function and some through google calendar (obviously tied to a google mail account).

Still hoping someone has a solution.

Thanks,
    Frank
    05-11-09 03:55 PM
    I am having the same issue you are and have not found a solution. If I select show calendar on the device it shows 3, a facebook, a Gmail and a charter.net calendar. All my appointments from the Google calendar are in the charter.net calendar, there is nothing on the Gmail calendar on the device itself. The web based calendar is up to date with 1 entry only.

Any help would be appreciated...
    05-11-09 04:03 PM
    I think I got it. delete all calenders (but one) under options - advanced options- service book- any calendar listed as [CICAL] that you do not want ( i left my gmail one). I had the FB calendar and another one.

sign out of google sync

open your calendar - go to options - then type RSET. this will reset all calendars to blank. I did this in several other steps and wound up having the default calendar take over. then I went and cleared all calendar items using this tip. once the default calendar is empty, it will not show up as a selectable calendar under options.

log back into google sync and Viola! all items from the web calendar listed only once on the BB!

Hope this helps...
    05-11-09 05:19 PM
    I have the 8330 and was having similar problems. I corrected it by merging the contacts instead of deleting them. I had one contact 871 times. You can only merge 10 at a time so you can imagine. Once accomplished though I have not had problem since. Take it down to one by merging. Do not delete they just come back on next sync that way.
    05-11-09 06:23 PM
    OMG. firewater88 is my HERO!!!
    It happened to me when I updated the OS.
    05-11-09 06:41 PM
    OMG. firewater88 is my HERO!!!
    It happened to me when I updated the OS.
    thanks... i had the same problem and searched MANY forum topics (all here at CB) and compiled them together for me... so thought i would share. Still works fine for me after several auto and manual syncs. no duplicates!
    05-11-09 07:21 PM
    thanks... i had the same problem and searched MANY forum topics (all here at CB) and compiled them together for me... so thought i would share. Still works fine for me after several auto and manual syncs. no duplicates!
    I went to service books and I'm seeing myemail.net [CICAL] and myemail.net [CMIME].

Any ideas on which to delete?
    05-11-09 08:17 PM
    CICAL is for the calendar. CMIME is for email.

I think.
    05-11-09 09:11 PM
    Some are made through the native BB calendar function and some through google calendar (obviously tied to a google mail account).

Still hoping someone has a solution.

Thanks,
    Frank
    You may have created them in the gmail email address but I'm guessing they are no longer there. Could you open some of the duplicates and tell us what email addresses they are associated with? (All we really needs is the @domain name so we can distinguish between email #1, email #2, and anything else that may be there)
    05-11-09 09:13 PM
    CICAL is for the calendar. CMIME is for email.

I think.
    You're correct, thanks.

The only way that I could get my duplicate entries to delete and not come back (I hope) was through DM. I had my BB connected via the USB and opened DM. I went to Backup and Restore > Advanced, and looked through the list of my device databases. I highlighted and cleared Address Book and Address Book-All, and Calendar and Calendar-All.

I then re-synced and all of my duplicate entries were deleted and so far, they haven't returned (I've tried re-syncing a few times). Now I only have one calendar listed under Options when I'm in the calendar mode, before this "fix" I had two listed.

I guess this happened when I updated my OS from 4.2 to 4.5 and DM from 4.2 to 4.7. I have the BB 8830, but thought I would post what I had to do to delete the duplicate entries being I posted my original question here (through a search for duplicate calendar entry solutions).

This seems to be a common complaint throughout all of the threads, it seems that Facebook, Google, and a few other applications (in addition to updating the OS) are causing duplicate calendar entries.
    05-11-09 10:26 PM
    i have a blackberry pearl. i use a mac and use pocketmac to sync but it has been entering duplicates in my calendar. how can i clear my calendar and prevent this from happening again?
    thanks!
    05-29-09 08:26 PM
    Thanks firewater....helped me out tremendously!
    06-25-09 09:46 AM
    Okay I was super excited to find this post and use it yesterday and it worked...I was having all of my calendars come up with the same events that I only added to one calendar and I'd get two or three of each. Well I followed the directions here and it worked until I got up this morning and lo and behold now I have only the one calendar showing but it has two of every entry. Online I only see the one entry but on my phone there are two of each. I tried resetting the sync again and they are back. What did I miss? This is Google calendar syncing to my BB calendar BTW.
    06-25-09 12:01 PM
    firewater - THANK YOU!!!
    08-09-09 11:58 AM
    Okay I was super excited to find this post and use it yesterday and it worked...I was having all of my calendars come up with the same events that I only added to one calendar and I'd get two or three of each. Well I followed the directions here and it worked until I got up this morning and lo and behold now I have only the one calendar showing but it has two of every entry. Online I only see the one entry but on my phone there are two of each. I tried resetting the sync again and they are back. What did I miss? This is Google calendar syncing to my BB calendar BTW.
    Did you make sure to delete all the unwanted CICAL entries?

Did you make sure only the Gmail Calendar showed up in calendar->Options

Did you make sure Google Sync did not select Default Calendar for you? (this happened to me)

Firewater - Yes - You Rule
    08-13-09 08:02 AM
    This happened to me too. In your default settings you need to make sure your google calendar is your default calendar when you sync. You should only need to set it once. I think it only changes when you add a new calendar. Otherwise it'll put it in whatever the default is, in my case the first time it was the default calendar, then Google, then desktop so I had triplicates because the default calendar was changing as I was adding new calendars.
    08-13-09 10:41 AM
    So I had the same issue after installing BBM 5.0 and I tried this fix. The only problem is that when I type "RSET" in the calendar options, I get a message that says, "There are no OTA calendars to reset." ...or something to that effect. I tried signing in and out of gSync to no avail...

(Sorry to hijack)
    08-26-09 01:17 PM
    Thanks to firewater was well. The fix worked for me.
    08-26-09 02:15 PM
    Okay, so I've gotten all my entries onto one email associated calendar. I'm still showing dups. Is there a way to just delete everything and then re-sync it all with Google Sync? I haven't had any dups on my web-based Gmail. Will deleting the service book do this? RSET tells me there are no OTA accounts. And if I delete the service book, how do I get it back? Thanks.
    08-31-09 12:43 PM
    This happened to me too. In your default settings you need to make sure your google calendar is your default calendar when you sync. You should only need to set it once. I think it only changes when you add a new calendar. Otherwise it'll put it in whatever the default is, in my case the first time it was the default calendar, then Google, then desktop so I had triplicates because the default calendar was changing as I was adding new calendars.
    I have now my google calendar and a default calendar. How do I make the google calendar my default calendar? I've tried looking to see if I can delete the default-can't find. I've tried checking off the google calendar--it doesn't stay checked. Help.
    Thank you for you help.
    Webangel211
    08-31-09 01:34 PM
    I think I got it. delete all calenders (but one) under options - advanced options- service book- any calendar listed as [CICAL] that you do not want ( i left my gmail one). I had the FB calendar and another one.

sign out of google sync

open your calendar - go to options - then type RSET. this will reset all calendars to blank. I did this in several other steps and wound up having the default calendar take over. then I went and cleared all calendar items using this tip. once the default calendar is empty, it will not show up as a selectable calendar under options.

log back into google sync and Viola! all items from the web calendar listed only once on the BB!

Hope this helps...
    On OS 5.0, RSET no longer seems to work. The following message is displayed:

"There are no OTA Enabled calendars to reset."

Do you know of another way to clear the calendar?
    12-03-09 12:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD