I have read a number of posts saying that google maps is up and working on the 9630 but when I try to download it I get:

"Sorry, the Google Maps application does not work on your Blackberry 6230."

Any suggestions?
    08-29-09 10:22 AM
    Google Maps

That is the link you should go to on your blackberry. I have no idea but at least the smarter people here will have one less possible issue to troubleshoot.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-09 10:29 AM
    I don't understand why I google sees my blackberry as a 6230 and won't let me download. I can follow links, including what you posted but it always brings me back to "sorry app does not work on your 6230"
    08-29-09 10:38 AM
    One other thing that comes to my mind is to make sure you have your browser set to Blackberry and not IE. Otherwise you might want to give CS a call.

08-29-09 10:52 AM
    Just got my 5th Tour. 2nd one with a green dot. I just tried downloading Google Maps and I got this same message telling me I have a 6230.

I'll definitely be giving customer service a call when I get a chance but had anyone else heard of this issue, cause and possible resolution?

08-30-09 11:43 PM
    got a tour with green dot, downloaded google maps with no problem
    08-31-09 12:05 AM
    I downloaded it no problem. www.m.google.com. Clicked on maps and just followed the on screen prompts. Yay! Live traffic!

08-31-09 10:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD