Hi guys!
    I downloaded Cortado workplace to my bold, for its remote printing feature. So far I have been unsuccessful in using it. Does anyone have any experience with this app that can help me get it working properly?
    Thanks in advance!
    B

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-10 02:56 PM
    Just downloaded Cortado and am having trouble finding my WiFi printer from my BB 8900.

PRINTER is HP OfficeJet 6500 with built-in WiFi. It is connected to my home router via router - NOT via USB.

Note: the Cortado manual says you set the printer IP address:
    - if printer is plugged into router via USB, use IP address of router (usually this is 192.168.0.1)
    - if printer is NOT plugged - get IP address from printer

##########

Is there some special setting I need ?

Use MDS: NO (default)
    SSID : auto-detected by phone
    IP: IP of printer (from printer config page)
    Type: HP OfficeJet (exact model # is not available)

Other items set to defaults:
    - timeout: 30s
    - print buffer time (ms): 0

Any ideas/advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance !!
    09-01-10 02:08 PM
    I've had the same prob. First thing I kept getting linked to RIM who wanted �1500 ($2435) sanctioned through Paypal for anything I "Might" want before allowing me to download, this is restrictive practise and must be stopped, then after many emails & complaints I took advice from Crackberry's forums, downloaded direct from Cortado, I have bb Bold 9000 wifi on and HP 6500 ethernet printer (laptop works brilliantly on wifi) and Cortado DO NOT HAVE this common printer listed. The whole excersise has been a let down and complete waste of time.
    11-17-10 03:58 AM
    I had downloaded and tried to use this app too but ran into the same trouble with supported printers. I actually contacted Cortado support MANY times and they said they would be adding support for more wireless printers in the future. Well, after about 6+ months I gave up and have never used again.
    11-17-10 08:02 AM
    I have exactly the same problem.

Bold 9650
    Epson WorkForce 610

I have a wireless network at home and my printer is connected to my router by ethernet cable. All the laptops in the house can print to the printer wirelessly.

I set up Cortado workplace as instructed (my printer model is listed), and I entered my printers ip address. Unfortunately I am still unable to print.

I was on the phone with their customer support earlier today, and the guy said I needed to make sure of the ip address. He suggested I download "Printer Locator" off their website, to get the proper ip address. I did this, and I got the same address I already had!

I have tried printer ip address, router ip address, and everything else I can thing of. No joy. The print job starts, initializes, and the says "Cannot open/find selected printer. Printing has been canceled".

I shall be calling customer support again in Monday, and will keep you posted.
    Last edited by stubbornswiss; 11-20-10 at 02:15 PM.
    11-19-10 10:43 PM
    Just downloaded Cortado and am having trouble finding my WiFi printer from my BB 8900.

PRINTER is HP OfficeJet 6500 with built-in WiFi. It is connected to my home router via router - NOT via USB.

Note: the Cortado manual says you set the printer IP address:
    - if printer is plugged into router via USB, use IP address of router (usually this is 192.168.0.1)
    - if printer is NOT plugged - get IP address from printer

##########

Is there some special setting I need ?

Use MDS: NO (default)
    SSID : auto-detected by phone
    IP: IP of printer (from printer config page)
    Type: HP OfficeJet (exact model # is not available)

Other items set to defaults:
    - timeout: 30s
    - print buffer time (ms): 0

Any ideas/advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance !!
    If your exact model number is not available on the Cortado site you need to e-mail/call customer service to ask them to load the drivers. Good Luck. I have done this 3-4 times and get a response from customer service but NEVER have they updated the drivers. I have an HP Wi-Fi printer that is networked too.
    11-20-10 11:45 AM
    I just downloaded Cortado lastnight and was able to print without a problem. Maybe because my laser printer is an older one, Brother HL1240. But as soon as I entered the IP address it knew it was a Brother and listed the HL1240. After that it was a piece of cake.

You might want to check this out on their site
    Cortado Workplace - Download Printer Locator
    02-13-11 05:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD