I deleted the myspace app from my curve but when i went back to the main screen it was still there. I went back to opitions>applications and myspace is not listed under it with all the other apps. So i have no idea what or where i should look. Please help!
    07-14-09 04:44 PM
    I had the same issue with facebook. I think the issue being its a pre-downloaded app. I just hid the icon bc everytime i did a batt pull it would come back up. Now I don't even know its there..... Just my .02
    07-14-09 04:48 PM
    Did you delete it from service books and restart your phone/battery pull?
    07-14-09 06:24 PM
    When you uninstall facebook or myspace off your BB most providers push the icon back to you. You just need to hid the icon b/c it is just a link icon for you to redownload it if you uninstalled it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-09 10:11 PM
    On my sprint blackberry I know that it came with the MySpace link, I use it but depending on what your network you are on you can't get rid of it, just hiding it is the best option

Maxwell

Edit: try not using your carriers theme, might be part of the theme

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Maxwell_BD; 07-15-09 at 02:29 AM.
    07-14-09 10:44 PM
    That is just a link to install the facebook app that RIM pushes to your phone, with permission of your carrier. Just hide the icon. It's not an app, just a shortcut. If you hide it you never see it. It's not taking up much memory and it cannot be deleted.
    07-15-09 05:31 AM
    That is just a link to install the facebook app that RIM pushes to your phone, with permission of your carrier. Just hide the icon. It's not an app, just a shortcut. If you hide it you never see it. It's not taking up much memory and it cannot be deleted.
    RIM does NOT push the link to your phone, your carrier however does push the service book to your phone.

If it still opens the app then it is still the app and you didn't let your phone restart after uninstalling it from your phone so pull your battery (or use quickpull) for five minuets and the reinsert your battery and after that it should be gone from your phone.

If it is the link to install the app you can delete the service book that is being pushed to you and that will get rid of the item temporarily or you can just hide the link and you will never see it (unless you have show all checked in your menu).
    07-15-09 05:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD