I just left the corporate environment where my BlackBerry was connected to an Outlook/Exchange email system. Awsome fuctionality and reliability.

Now as I'm exploring alternative email clients for my XP desktop, I'm finding huge gaps in email and calendaring functionality.

Is there a package out there that I can get both emial and calendaring from my desktop to sync with my BlackBerry? Please don't tell me I need to set up my own exchange server on my home computer.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Mark
    03-14-08 11:43 AM
    You can still use Outlook. You don't need to attach it to an Exchange server. It will work just fine standing on its own.
    03-14-08 11:44 AM
    Are there any other programs than just Outlook you can use? Outlook sucks for me, and I'm not sure why it runs like crap, but I switched to Thunderbird. Much faster.
    03-15-08 11:27 AM
    How were you able to get the BB Desktop Manager to recognize Thunderbird?
    03-17-08 04:38 AM
    BBDesktop won't work with Thunderbird, unfortunately. They really need to have additional sync options for those who don't want to use office.

Thunderbird is going to be hard to ignore in the future. The Mozilla group is going to really push it in the upcoming months. They're also working on beefing up their calendar options (Sunbird), so hopefully RIM will take notice, or at least a third party extension add-on.
    03-19-08 10:56 AM
    The guy in this thread seems to be on to something.
    03-19-08 01:19 PM
    Sounds like Mozilla has it in the works, just not quite there yet.

Calendarevice Sync - MozillaWiki
    Mozilla2evice Sync:Platforms - MozillaWiki

BTW, I didn't get Thunderbird to sync, that is what I switched to, with all the issues I was getting with Outlook.
    Last edited by fyrfyter; 03-21-08 at 08:46 AM.
    03-21-08 08:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD