HELP! BLACKBERRY 8310 .ALX APPLICATIONS?
    i have downloaded

eBuddy_blackberry_8310_curve_pc.alx

to my PC then i will transfer it to my phone via the Desktop Manager........
    i tried this but when i browsed for the file it was there.... (this is hard to explain)
    but it is just a plain white like folded at the top right hand corner, not the proper casing for the file ...... what programme do i need to get the application to have the proper file picture so that it can load on the desktop manager?

help please!!!
    thank youuuuuuuu
    04-07-09 05:44 AM
    .alx is the correct file type suffix. The DM App Loader doesn't care what icon Windows associates with it. Go into Add Applications, then Browse, then navigate to the location on your PC where you have the .alx file. Select it, and the DM App Loader should install it. If it doesn't, something else is wrong.

MOD NOTE: Unless you are visually-impaired, please do not use such a large font in your posting. I edited your post to remove the font 6 setting.
    04-07-09 06:12 AM
    I am having a similar problem... I tried downloading a program to add through the DM App Loader. It is an .alx file type.

The App Loader doesn't find it automatically, so when I click on Add.. and select the file I get the following message:

"No additional applications designed for your device were found"

Any ideas how to fix this??? I can't install anything on my phone!!!
    04-07-09 08:07 AM
    The "No additional applications..." message means you don't have your device's OS installed as an application on your PC. Go to your carrier's site, or here: BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites and download your device OS to your PC's desktop. Double-click the .exe you just downloaded and the BB OS will be installed as an app on your PC. Then the DM App Loader will be able to find it.
    04-07-09 08:26 AM
    Michelle86, that's what happens to me! it comes up with that message. I don't know what to do !

And thank you for your help, JeffH
    04-07-09 09:32 AM
    JeffH, i am on TMobile UK, but i cannot find the download you reccomended anywhere? Please could you help me? Thankyou
    04-07-09 09:40 AM
    Did you check the site I posted in my response to Michelle? That's where you'll find the officially released OSes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-09 11:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD