Hello,

I installed BBSmart but uninstalled right away as all of my SMS Messages were diagonally striped (like a candy cane!) I could hardly read them...

Now ALL of my messages have this horrible diagonal stripe, it's awful!

Here are the steps I have taken:
    Uninstalled using the Desktop Manager (all messages striped)
    Battery pull (all messages striped)
    Reinstalled OTA (still had striped SMS messages)
    Uninstalled on BB via Options>Applications... (all messages striped)
    Battery pull (all messages striped)

I am SOOOO frustrated right now I just want to throw the darn thing out the window!!!

I really just want BB Smart to work without making my text messages striped, but will settle for a complete and total uninstall!!!! It says it is gone, but I've got these darn striped messages still...

HELP ME!!!!!
    01-27-08 10:10 PM
    Go to Options > Advanced > Applications again. Press menu to see Modules. If you see the BBSmart appllication there, delete and pull the battery again to reboot.

I believe if you kept BBSmart on your BB, you could change that stripe to another color if you wanted.
    01-27-08 10:30 PM
    jsanders,

Thanks, there was nothing in modules however.

I too thought that the stripe color could be modified as well, but even upon reinstalling there was no option for BBSmart in regard to SMS Text messages.

Anyone else have an idea?
    01-27-08 11:11 PM
    Are you positive it is BBSmart doing that? You have loaded NO other applications?
    01-27-08 11:24 PM
    Are you positive it is BBSmart doing that? You have loaded NO other applications?
    01-27-08 11:30 PM
    Here is a list of 3rd Party apps that I have installed:

Tetris
    Frogger
    Google Maps
    Gmail
    Google News
    Google Search
    JiveTalk
    Ka-Glom!
    Treasure Quest

This issue started when I installed BBSmart so the assumption is that it is because of BBSmart. I don't have anything else that would alter the appearance of my messages.

I do appreciate your assistance, sure wish I could fix this!!
    01-27-08 11:35 PM
    By any chance you are on BES? If so, you have the option to have your messages �striped�. If you go to options � security options � general settings, there is a message background colors section. Change it back to none and hopefully that will fix it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-08 11:48 PM
    YES!!! That was it!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

I will be able to sleep tonight now, thank you thank you thank you Ham! (Thanks too to jsanders for your assistance!!)

~P
    01-28-08 12:48 AM
    Glad that works. Now go install BBSmart again as it is a very nice enhancement to your emails.
    01-28-08 08:56 AM
    thanks hamsup...

BBSmart rocks.
    01-28-08 09:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD