Hi, guys. I'm a new BB9700 user from Hong Kong. I just upgrade the OS to 5.0.0.862 (1446). When I try to download something, like Blackberry App World, the IT policy doesn't allow me to download third party apps. How can I sovle the problem?
    03-24-11 04:50 AM
    What is there to solve? Contact your IT department and ask them if the policy is to restrict third party apps and specifically mention Blackberry APP World. They will let you know if your permitted to install apps or not.
    03-24-11 06:16 AM
    Or, if you want to try to circumvent the IT policy for downloading apps, you might be able to download them to your computer using a program like BBSAK and them load them to your BB using loader.exe (or BBSAK inject cods). Not sure if it will work as i don't have any experience with IT policies, but you can try it.
    03-24-11 06:38 AM
    Or, if you want to try to circumvent the IT policy for downloading apps, you might be able to download them to your computer using a program like BBSAK and them load them to your BB using loader.exe (or BBSAK inject cods). Not sure if it will work as i don't have any experience with IT policies, but you can try it.
    Gotts to give you the props, I would have recommended the same thing.

Link to BBSAK: www.bbsak.org

Connect your blackberry, hit enter after entering your password (or just hit it if you have none set), click Install COD and select them all, then they will be loaded. If nothing happens or you get an error, it's the policy and nothing can be done but to talk to the IT department person.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-11 05:51 PM
    did you use BB Boss and shrunk out the IT policy??
    03-25-11 11:56 AM
    @siyu4u
    very simple
    it's for 32 bit pc...
    connect you BB to pc via usb cable...
    open command prompt (yes dos)
    navigate to
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\
    then type
    Loader.exe /resettofactory

and you will see some other command prompt window pops up and gone...
    then your phone will reboot.

****warning*****
    this is equivalent to (not equal to ) wipe your bb..

backup your bb first ...
    03-25-11 12:42 PM
    It might be a good idea to double check with your work's IT department that you have the permission to install 3rd party apps first before you try to circumvent their IT policy.

Just my 2 cents.
    03-26-11 01:21 AM
    03-26-11 09:15 AM
    @siyu4u
    very simple
    it's for 32 bit pc...
    connect you BB to pc via usb cable...
    open command prompt (yes dos)
    navigate to
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\
    then type
    Loader.exe /resettofactory

and you will see some other command prompt window pops up and gone...
    then your phone will reboot.

****warning*****
    this is equivalent to (not equal to ) wipe your bb..

backup your bb first ...
    i solved it pretty much like this just using BBSAK to factory setting.
    03-26-11 01:08 PM
    Gotts to give you the props, I would have recommended the same thing.

Link to BBSAK: BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife

Connect your blackberry, hit enter after entering your password (or just hit it if you have none set), click Install COD and select them all, then they will be loaded. If nothing happens or you get an error, it's the policy and nothing can be done but to talk to the IT department person.

This is NOT a good suggestion. Circumventing the IT policy could be cause for termination from one's job.
    03-26-11 01:15 PM
    This is NOT a good suggestion. Circumventing the IT policy could be cause for termination from one's job.
    Correct. IT has the ability to see ALL activity, attempting a work-around without permission an have dire consequences.

03-26-11 01:29 PM
    Like others have said, there's a reason third party apps are disabled. I worked at a place where they did that. Nothing we could do about it. The security people were concerned about the BB actually being on the corporate network because of the way BES works.

In the end, if you're carrying a company owned and paid for device, you need to do what they say with the device they are providing you with.

Joe
    03-28-11 01:50 PM
    My sentiments exactly.

Unless you are using your own personal phone you are playing with fire.
    03-28-11 03:05 PM
    waoo! BRAVO i'm very happy for this solution.................gr8

12-20-13 09:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD