Hi, I'm new here and made an account because I am that desperate.

The first problem that began with my T-Mobile Blackberry Curve 8320 was that all of a sudden I stopped receiving Facebook notifications and my Weather app would never be able to load. Then the internet stopped working.

I frantically went and updated my device with the Desktop Manager and for some reason it ended up completely rebooting my phone. I had to reinstall AIM, Facebook and App World. Things seemed to be looking up when I saw that the internet was functioning.

Then, to my horror, AIM is still giving me that awful "Connection Error(65): Problem receiving data from the server". The same problem from before..

App World was fine before all of this, but after the weird reboot when I had to reinstall it, it's saying "Upgrade your service to a plan that includes browsing and discover a world of possibilities at Blackberry App World. Contact your service provider for more details."

When I try to sign into Facebook, it says, "Could not connect because a data service is not available. Please try again later. If this continues, contact your service provider for support."

Kill me now.
    THEN, when I try to go 'Install Applications' on the Desktop Manager, it says:
    "BlackBerry Desktop Manager failed to vaildate your BlackBerry device update
    Validation failed because a module marked for update (net_rim_bb_qm_aim_resource_en) is not available on local disk"

If anyone could please help me sort out this huge mess. BlackBerry has been giving me so many problems lately, which it hadn't for the year that I've had it so far. Please help!!!!!
    Last edited by bellk07; 11-16-09 at 05:57 PM.
    11-16-09 05:54 PM
    I wonder if something is up at RIM, because I have not been able to INSTALL Gtalk, Sprint Navigation, or AIM The browser starts and I see a bar at the bottom that says "Requesting" Or I will get past that and get COD error once the download starts.
    Last edited by Gunnyman; 11-16-09 at 06:22 PM.
    11-16-09 06:16 PM
    Something must be going on. I'm in the caribbean running unlocked 9550 and Facebook, appworld and BB browser have been giving me issues since yesterday.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-09 06:21 PM
    i can install facebook on the new 9700, but when i log in it is on "contacting fbook" for like 5mins then says cannot connect.

ive tried 3G, WiFi, and EDGE! HELP!
    11-16-09 06:26 PM
    Same here! Apps such as facebook or ubertwitter won't connect either. Seems to be a RIM problem.
    11-16-09 07:19 PM
    my browser and Bolt wont even connect to anything right now. Texts are coming through just fine as are e-mails.
    11-16-09 07:21 PM
    Yes, my emails and texts are also coming through but nothing else.
    11-16-09 07:23 PM
    The whole data line is down. BB App World, Browser, Weatherbug and Facebook.. The reason I know was b/c today I swapped my phone out and he told me nationwide with RIM there is an outage and are working on the problem..
    11-16-09 08:59 PM
    BB App World is working fine for me. I don't use IMs other than BBM which is working. I don't use Facebook.

11-16-09 09:09 PM
    Good to know I'm not the only one having this problem. I rebooted, took out my battery & everything... I presume there was no time frame as to when this situation was going to be fixed huh?
    11-16-09 09:25 PM
    Yep, same for me - battery pull, registered Host Routing Table, uninstalled and reinstalled FB with no joy. I-net is intermittent, couldn't get to a PC, finally got this page to load and can see that others are having problems too. Guess I'll give it a break for a while, and kinda glad to know it appears to be area-wide and not just a problem with my device.

11-16-09 09:43 PM
    Just started working again for me - on Verizon.

11-16-09 09:49 PM
    i have been having intermitent problems the last day or two now. its kinda annoying but hopefully that means they are getting ready for 5.0 on the 8330 ;P thats what i hope anyways
    11-16-09 10:13 PM
    I wonder if it is a regional or carrier-related issue. I've had no browser issues.

11-16-09 10:16 PM
    Yes, my emails and texts are also coming through but nothing else.
    Yeah, same here for me, except my emails are NOT coming through. What's up with that?

I really hope this is not a problem with my actual phone, but rather something temporary with the RIM...
    11-16-09 10:17 PM
    Yeah, same here for me, except my emails are NOT coming through. What's up with that?

I really hope this is not a problem with my actual phone, but rather something temporary with the RIM...
    Do you have VZW? It seems like most of the people who are having problems are with VZW.

11-16-09 10:20 PM
    I am with USCC and having issues
    11-16-09 10:31 PM
    Do you have VZW? It seems like most of the people who are having problems are with VZW.

No, I actually have T-Mobile. So far, the internet is still fine but Facebook, email, and BB App World still aren't.
    11-16-09 10:35 PM
    No, I actually have T-Mobile. So far, the internet is still fine but Facebook, email, and BB App World still aren't.
    I still doubt that it's a problem with your device. There are too many other folks reporting issues, though most involve the browser not the emails.

11-16-09 10:39 PM
    Internets been crap since yesterday for blackberry users
    haha
    11-16-09 10:55 PM
    Internet back now after a Battery Pull. Ky, just north of the Tennessee line.

11-16-09 11:26 PM
    I'm new to the boards too, I too am having intermittent issues with FB app and BB app world since yesterday. Four of my friends are complaining of the same issues, 3 are on Tours and 1 on a Pearl.
    11-17-09 11:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD