Ok so i'm a heavy texter and my inbox fills up quickly. as it fills up, my sms lags more and more.

here's my question: is there an app that will only allow a certain amount of sms msgs in your inbox and then auto erase the oldest to meet this quota?
    02-03-09 07:09 PM
    why don't you just delete them yourself...just hit the bb key while highlighting the top date and choose delete prior
    02-03-09 07:27 PM
    Yes, under Options > SMS Text > Number or Previious Items. You can change the # to what you want. I think the max is 50. You can choose the amount you want.
    02-03-09 07:29 PM
    Yes, under Options > SMS Text > Number or Previious Items. You can change the # to what you want. I think the max is 50. You can choose the amount you want.
    Sorry but no that doesn't work. It relates to only how many text messages are displayed when you are replying. The default (7) is that the last 7 texts would show up but you may have 50 older ones from the same person sitting in your inbox.

To the OP, there is no application I know of. What I always do is just highlight the date you want to delete prior from (i usually just pick the current day) - push the BB key - and select "delete prior"....it is not really what you are looking for but I do this process once I sent all my replies to my contacts and then it gives you a fresh start. Your contacts will text back and remind you of the conversation if you forgot by their messages.
    02-03-09 08:18 PM
    You could set your "Keep Messages" in Options to something lower, like 15 days.
    02-03-09 08:32 PM
    Sorry but no that doesn't work. It relates to only how many text messages are displayed when you are replying. The default (7) is that the last 7 texts would show up but you may have 50 older ones from the same person sitting in your inbox.

To the OP, there is no application I know of. What I always do is just highlight the date you want to delete prior from (i usually just pick the current day) - push the BB key - and select "delete prior"....it is not really what you are looking for but I do this process once I sent all my replies to my contacts and then it gives you a fresh start. Your contacts will text back and remind you of the conversation if you forgot by their messages.
    Thanks for your input, but i am aware of the delete prior command. it just gets tedious lol.
    02-03-09 09:04 PM
    You could set your "Keep Messages" in Options to something lower, like 15 days.
    if it were possible, i would set that setting to a half hour.
    02-03-09 09:04 PM
    if it were possible, i would set that setting to a half hour.
    LOL, that heavy of a texter eh?
    02-03-09 09:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD