Hey y'all, I was curious if their was an app. that could transmit your heart rate to your BB.

I was looking into a H.R. monitor and I don't like to wear watches. I know that many people use their BB's when they work out if for nothing else but music. I don't know much about how information is transmitted, but, if you can trasmit GPS from a puck to your phone via bluetooth could the same be done with a chest strap via bluetooth. A thrid party app could read the information and track it for you even.

I tried a search in the forums and Google but didnt yeild much information. I am curious if their is somehting like that, or if it is even possible to do via bluetooth. It would seem much cheaper to buy a bluetooth chest strap than the whole set up too.

Thanks!
    10-28-08 09:23 AM
    I think that this may not be such a good idea. If the Blackberry could be made to log the heartrate either by bluetooth or by a wired connection to the mic jackm, then all would be fin euntil there was a problem with the heart stopping and the phoen would then be needed to call for help. The logging woul;d then stop right when it was needed.

If it stops, who ya gonna call? Ghostbusters.
    10-28-08 02:51 PM
    lol, If I'm worried about my heart stopping altogther maybe I shouldnt be exercizing. I dont mean for medical reasons, I was just looking for somehting to track a persons target heart rate for exercize or a persons resting heart rate. Would a phone call interupt bluetooth? I thought they were seperate radios. I am probably just dreaming the imposible.
    10-28-08 04:15 PM
    lol, If I'm worried about my heart stopping altogther maybe I shouldnt be exercizing. I dont mean for medical reasons, I was just looking for somehting to track a persons target heart rate for exercize or a persons resting heart rate. Would a phone call interupt bluetooth? I thought they were seperate radios. I am probably just dreaming the imposible.
    If you are not worried about dropping dead then that changes, well, quite a lot.

Yes, bluetooth and the phone radio do run concurrently. I was thinking more about the application itself.

As to writing such an application, you should try some of the developers in this forum.

TIP: programmers need to be contacted, they will probably not contact you.
    10-28-08 04:22 PM
    Check out VYTALYZE Technologies Inc. for a heart rate monitor

vytalyzetech.com
    06-23-10 09:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD