OK i know this one is gonna come back and get me and Ill feel really stupid....... but here goes......

Today i updated my BB.. all went well.... I also added a few things like pacman and Slacker...

Slacker is pretty cool and worked great .... problem was I was at work, didnt have my headset that came with my BB... but it sounded good coming out of the speaker..

SO I get home... try the headset... wow pretty good sounding music coming out of the headset....... pretty impressed with Slacker....

SO then I think to my self.... "Self..... you have never used these BB headsets before... give em a try during a call...." so i have my 13 year old call my phone... and im clicking away on what I think is the answer/mic button on the headset and saying hello hello hello... My 13 year old is rolling her eyes and im sure im losing whatever cool dad points i have left......

SO anyway...... could not get it to answer the phone by using that button.....

A) know what Im doing wrong?

B) should there be some indicator when it recognizes the headphones as plugged in? I dont see one....

C) Since i never used them before cant say its an upgrade program conflict but I doubt it.....

D) Any ideas?

Thanks if you can help......
    01-25-09 05:29 PM
    You know..... I really wish I could help you cuz that would help me too!!! I never had that problem til I updated!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-09 06:57 PM
    I usually unplug the headset and plug it back in and that works.... Sometimes holding the button works if I'm lucky

01-25-09 07:59 PM
    I think that button is for voice dialing

01-25-09 08:47 PM
    So no one here actually uses their BB headsets?
    01-26-09 04:04 AM
    So no one here actually uses their BB headsets?
    Are you talking about the ear buds? That button that came with the headset for my BB is used to end calls, or it's used to pause the media player. I never thought it was to answer the phone, seeing that the phone will be right there anyways. So it worked before your update?
    01-26-09 04:29 AM
    AH HA!!!!!.....

Got it to work... maybe mine is messed up cause i had to press it several times.....

But it did answer the phone......

Then i spoke into the button area and it came across the speaker phone on the other phone i called in on.....

So it does work.......

Now to figure why it wont answer with just a simple push......

why do i have to push it like 5 times......

anyway... back to researching
    01-26-09 05:08 AM
    works better now.... i dunno... maybe my button wasnt making contact.. is now.....

Works good......
    01-26-09 05:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD