WHAT THE FRICK!
    I just got my new BB 8900 and was super excited about it...I LOVE BB. I have had the pearl and orginal curve and now this one. However, what is going on?!?!?!

I went to blackberry apps (which is awesome!!!) and downloaded SLACKER RADIO. WELL IT SUCKED BAD. It would skip through songs and stop after just one. It would lock up too, and not do anything at all.
    So, I downloaded Pandora. At first it was killer, i was cleaning my house and listening to the radio when a call came in, and after that it stopped working. It will play a song for about 30 seconds stop for about 15 sec then start again. I am so annoyed! Is this normal? I actually work for a cell comp. and I sell more BB's then any other phone b/c it is the best, and want to use this as a selling feature but it keeps messing up...Does anyone else have this issue. Thanks!!!
    05-02-09 11:44 AM
    I'm wondering if this is a t-mobile thing. I am having the same problems with them both. Someone on another board is having the same problem too and they are also with Tmo. I hope someone else responds to your thread as mine died in the other thread.
    05-02-09 02:36 PM
    You're not alone. I have Verizon...and Pandora repeadly locks up, then gives me the "unhandled exception" error. Seems like this worsened with Pandora v1.03 (v1.02 didn't do this as much). As for Slacker, I have more buffering lag than with Pandora, but so far <knock on wood>, no true crashes. But right now, neither service is working too well for me. But then I live in a bit of a Verizon 'dead zone' - signal constantly switches from 1XEV to just 1X...and usually, have a pretty weak signal. I'm always amazed at how much snappier my Storm is when I go somewhere with a decent signal.
    05-02-09 03:58 PM
    You're not alone. I have Verizon...and Pandora repeadly locks up, then gives me the "unhandled exception" error. Seems like this worsened with Pandora v1.03 (v1.02 didn't do this as much). As for Slacker, I have more buffering lag than with Pandora, but so far <knock on wood>, no true crashes. But right now, neither service is working too well for me. But then I live in a bit of a Verizon 'dead zone' - signal constantly switches from 1XEV to just 1X...and usually, have a pretty weak signal. I'm always amazed at how much snappier my Storm is when I go somewhere with a decent signal.
    I'd be interested to see what the "unhandled exception" is. The next time this happens - would you mind going into your event log and sending me your recent events (which should include a stack trace)?

To get into the event log on a Storm, pull up a virtual keyboard when you're on the main screen, then hold down the "?123" until it locks, then enter the following four-key sequence: ",5,5" (comma five comma five). You should be in the event log at which point you can go into the menu and copy it to your clipboard (for pasting into an email). Feel free to send it either PM on this board or via email.

Thanks!

Marc @ Pandora
    05-03-09 12:18 AM
    I'm wondering if this is a t-mobile thing. I am having the same problems with them both. Someone on another board is having the same problem too and they are also with Tmo. I hope someone else responds to your thread as mine died in the other thread.
    If you get music for about 10-15 seconds followed by a pause, followed by music, etc. - it sounds like your data connection is not fast enough to keep up with the streaming audio. You may want to try Wi-Fi if you have a wireless network nearby, or troubleshoot your mobile data connection speed using something like the Speedtest app at http://www.xtremelabs.com/apps - anything around 40k or slower downstream is too slow to keep up with our streaming audio.

You may also want to call T-Mobile and let them know that you are getting slow data speeds to your device. There may be something missing or configured incorrectly on your account, resulting in slow speeds.

Marc @ Pandora
    05-03-09 12:26 AM
    Thanks for the feedback. It does work better at home since I'm usually on wi-fi when I'm at home. Unfortuately, I don't have wi-fi at work. But, I will call Tmo tomorrow to check on the data speeds per your advice!!
    05-03-09 12:48 AM
    To get into the event log on a Storm, pull up a virtual keyboard when you're on the main screen, then hold down the "?123" until it locks, then enter the following four-key sequence: ",5,5" (comma five comma five).
    on the storm, the event log is hold down the "?123" until it locks, then enter the following five-key sequence: /"/"/
    (forwardslash doublequote forwardslash doublequote forwardslash)

Marc, thanks attention you give us BB Pandora users

Edit - if the exception is predictable it might help to first
    clear the event log by pulling up the log and hit the BB key
    and select clear from the menu then go recreate the error.
    The event log can get pretty long and clearing it first would
    Make it easier to find the right part.
    Last edited by Snarfler; 05-03-09 at 07:02 AM.
    05-03-09 06:43 AM
    on the storm, the event log is hold down the "?123" until it locks, then enter the following five-key sequence: /"/"/
    (forwardslash doublequote forwardslash doublequote forwardslash)

Marc, thanks attention you give us BB Pandora users

Edit - if the exception is predictable it might help to first
    clear the event log by pulling up the log and hit the BB key
    and select clear from the menu then go recreate the error.
    The event log can get pretty long and clearing it first would
    Make it easier to find the right part.
    Yes, clearing the log definitely helps. Thanks for the additional info. The key combination I quoted (,5,5) is for portrait mode (SureType keyboard). The one you gave ("/"/) is for landscape mode. I guess it all depends on what orientation you prefer to type in!
    05-03-09 11:38 PM
    Hi i am new to this so i will see how this works out..i have a unlocked blackberry storm 9530 with tmo...i went to app world and downloaded the pandora..once installed into phone..i go into the icon and click on run and it starts to upload and shows msgs at the bottom of screen like #1 testing direct connection with device apn #2 testing wap2 connection...#3 testing mds connection ..then a big box msg appears "could not connect to pandora. Please ensure you have sufficient network coverage and try again" ....i have tried several attempts and same msg appears..i contacted tmo technical support and helped out several ways to fix the problem..they apprear it has to do with pandora and not my phone..since they show nothing is wrong with my connection..can you please help me...i love pandora on my pc and would like to have it on my mobile...thanks
    12-28-09 02:28 PM
    WHAT THE FRICK!
    I just got my new BB 8900 and was super excited about it...I LOVE BB. I have had the pearl and orginal curve and now this one. However, what is going on?!?!?!

I went to blackberry apps (which is awesome!!!) and downloaded SLACKER RADIO. WELL IT SUCKED BAD. It would skip through songs and stop after just one. It would lock up too, and not do anything at all.
    So, I downloaded Pandora. At first it was killer, i was cleaning my house and listening to the radio when a call came in, and after that it stopped working. It will play a song for about 30 seconds stop for about 15 sec then start again. I am so annoyed! Is this normal? I actually work for a cell comp. and I sell more BB's then any other phone b/c it is the best, and want to use this as a selling feature but it keeps messing up...Does anyone else have this issue. Thanks!!!
    This kind of sounds like when you get a phone call, the app or OS is set to stop playing sound (and pause on the app) through the speakers that will play the ringtone. My Tour will pause Pandora and play the ding for an email or my ringtone during a call and then when thats done, it will resume the music.

My tour will actually stop playing about 30 seconds into a song every once in a while and when i look into the app (usually pulling it out of idle / black screen) the buttons for pause, (dis)like and skip are greyed out and all i can click is station list. On another issue, it will sometimes stop playing sound and keep counting seconds. Even if the song is a 3 minute song, it will count clear past it like 13:45 -0:45 where the -x:xx doesnt change.

This happens in my office where we have a Verizon repeater about 15 feet from me, max signal at all times, or when im on the highway which is also significant signal strength.

If you want a stack trace, just let me know how to do that on a tour.
    Thanks,
    30D15F4B
    04-12-10 09:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD