I just did a battery pull and after the pull I noticed a Skype Icon now on my home screen. I didn't even ask for it.
    03-26-10 06:27 PM
    only works on verizon though.....
    03-26-10 06:33 PM
    They do that all the time. You probably noticed social beat, slacker radio, my Verizon and bing a while back?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-10 06:58 PM
    Ummm... The icon is just a "shortcut" to download the app, just like every other VZW icon that is "pushed" to their customers (like VZW Vcast SongID for instance).

03-26-10 07:01 PM
    Yep, this was first reported on the CB homepage earlier this week. For VZW only. Mine arrived a couple of days ago. It, along with multiple others, have been relegated to my "JUNK" folder
    03-26-10 07:09 PM
    When did you move from under a rock?
    03-26-10 07:28 PM
    What exactly is "SKYPE"?
    03-26-10 07:45 PM
    What exactly is "SKYPE"?
    I couldn't answer u if VZW explained it to me.
    03-26-10 07:49 PM
    What exactly is "SKYPE"?

what is skype?
    03-26-10 07:55 PM
    hahaha this thread is funny
    03-26-10 08:04 PM
    Thanks for the info.. one more app I don't require at this time. :-)
    03-26-10 08:09 PM
    I tried to get the download for skype thru SMS download link off the web and also thru the skype mobile site and when I try to download it says that "your device is currently not supported". According to the website I can purchase it I think cause it links me to the Verizon store. Do you think this is cause I'm on a business acct? I was actually looking forward to this cause I have a lot of friends overseas that I use the skype IM with. Any thoughts? Heard of some people having it pushed to their phones but didn't come my way yet.

03-27-10 08:55 AM
    Any thoughts? Heard of some people having it pushed to their phones but didn't come my way yet.
    Do a battery pull
    03-27-10 09:04 AM
    Do a battery pull
    Tried that using quickpull and nada. Does it matter if I actually pull the battery? I thought thats what quickpull was for. Will peel it out of my case and give that a shot and let ya know. Thanks.

Edited. Just did battery pull and still not there. Even went in to resend and register through host routing table and nothing. I'm guessing its cause "the man" has control over my bberry thru work and the business plan I'm on. Damn the man...
    Last edited by bbtransplant; 03-27-10 at 09:34 AM.
    03-27-10 09:08 AM
    Tried that using quickpull and nada. Does it matter if I actually pull the battery? I thought thats what quickpull was for. Will peel it out of my case and give that a shot and let ya know. Thanks.

Edited. Just did battery pull and still not there. Even went in to resend and register through host routing table and nothing. I'm guessing its cause "the man" has control over my bberry thru work and the business plan I'm on. Damn the man...
    Try pulling the battery. My link just appeared on my home screen after the pull. I also noticed that it took much longer for the phone to boot up during that pull it must have been because it was loading that link in. That is strange I wish I could give mine to you because I will never use it. I just looked at the user agreement and it says that RIM has sent the link via a push.
    Last edited by Bettermost; 03-27-10 at 09:58 AM.
    03-27-10 09:52 AM
    Yeah when I did the battery pull nothing showed up anywhere. I think its just cause its a business plan phone with possible restrictions. Kinda same thing for visual voicemail and all the other pushed Verizon apps. I can't activate any of them. Trying to find a way around it all but might just have to wait and see of the pushed app makes its way out from my Corp office. Thanks for the suggestions though.

03-27-10 09:57 AM
    on your bb browser, go to start.vzw.com and then go to Apps.
    03-27-10 10:07 AM
    on your bb browser, go to start.vzw.com and then go to Apps.
    Hey that worked like a charm! Thanks for the tip. Didn't even know bout that site. Appreciate it.

03-27-10 10:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD