I just downloaded and noticed everything touch and even the option to use a virtual keyboard to type with. Is this a sign that the storm 2 will have the ability to be touch only if you prefer it? I know most people get the storm for the click but that would definitely be a nice option to have.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-09 09:39 AM
    Opera Mini has always been like this on the Storm1 and 2. They just don't make it compatible for the click. Will it open doors for the non-click? I don't know...it would be cool to have that option, though.
    11-28-09 12:10 PM
    Opera sucks for the Storms, period. Not making it compatible with the click screen when everything else is = instant fail.
    11-28-09 10:39 PM
    i love opera mini 5.0 just takes time to get used to
    11-29-09 07:04 AM
    Opera 4.2>>>opera 5...you can't download anything on it and my browsing sessions are always hit or miss with it
    11-29-09 10:26 AM
    Opera sucks for the Storms, period. Not making it compatible with the click screen when everything else is = instant fail.
    That is the opinion of someone who spends little time trying something out. Opera mini 5.0 is great if you take the time to learn how to use it. The only 2 fall backs for me with it were the fact that every link that you try to open from your email only gives you the option to open in opera and not the native browser any longer and the fact that I can no longer download large files with it any longer. Otherwise it is something that RIM should be modeling their new browser after especially the tab management.
    11-29-09 10:56 AM
    I agree 100%
    11-29-09 02:24 PM
    I downloaded it today, I deleted it today. I'll wait and see what RIM comes up with.
    11-29-09 03:26 PM
    i tied it and must of done something wrong. there is no way to close the program for me and the bottom icons do not work. also the pages loaded wrong. like the blue bar at the top of crackberry was shifted in the middle and didnt line up. any one else? i would not go as far as saying pos. it is fast and a beta after all.
    11-29-09 03:30 PM
    It's the only app I've ever had lock up the phone to the point it needed a battery pull to get going. It appears to be made for touchscreen phones like those made by HTC, Apple and others. It even stated that the S2 was not supported when the download page came up. But then, who pays atttention to advise from a developer?
    11-29-09 04:49 PM
    yep, I've used Opera mini 5.0 on my Storm 9520 but installed it after 2 days.

Reason: in BES e-mails, Opera replaced the "open link" menu item with "open with Opera". Unfortunately, this doesn't work. When I try to open a link an an e-mail Opera mini will launch but won't open the link from the mail.

I can't understand why they didn't just add an "open with opera" menu item rather than replacing the original menu item which would open links with the Blackberry browser
    11-29-09 04:59 PM
    i have no problems with it except typing if you get the word misspelled and try to backspace you have to type it all over again from the beginning because it goes back to the beginning but i'm posting here so some one will complain hope this helps a little.
    Last edited by applemac; 11-30-09 at 08:54 PM.
    11-30-09 08:41 PM
    i use it as my everyday browser its so much faster. they fixed the virtual keyboard too n now you can use the storm keyboard...its a great app... now make it click n we're in business
    11-30-09 10:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD