Anyone here actually tried this?

SpoofApp - iPhone Caller ID Spoofing
    07-23-09 03:09 PM
    seems kind of creepy in a way....
    07-23-09 03:12 PM
    Only if you're using it to be CREEPY.
    07-23-09 03:18 PM
    my point. what kind of creepy people might be using this and no one would know?? sorry, but there are some major freaks out there and this just seems way to wierd.

how would you use this application? what would a 'normal' person use it for?
    07-23-09 03:23 PM
    ohhhhhhh!! I got it

you could use this to call your boss and pretend you are a doctor, nurse, etc. and say "Brook is not coming into work today..." starting to see some potential now.
    07-23-09 03:24 PM
    See! You're a creepy chick.
    07-23-09 03:27 PM
    i used it to prank my sister then deleted it. Just a fun trial - no use in buying minutes.
    07-23-09 03:32 PM
    no, not creepy....just thinking of new ways to get out of meetings, etc

how can I be working all day long, when I have to keep checking crackberry. who has time for meetings......i can't keep up....is it 5:00 yet.....time for a drink.....
    07-23-09 03:32 PM
    Actually, I thought it'd be fun to use on a few people. Definitely not something Id want to use on a daily basis.
    07-23-09 03:42 PM
    This app is awesome! How is it creepy? I agree you *could* do some crazy stuff with it, but the Caller ID spoofing part and the call recording part are awesome.

There are tons of legitimate purposes for it though. I use it to call people back from my work phone number so I don't have to give out my cell phone. It's a lot better than doing *67 and hoping they pick up.

Also, I use it to record the calls so I can reference em later. Voice changing is cool...but I still can't think of a very legitimate use for it other than pranking my friends in conjunction with the spoofing part.

I had a problem with the app on my Bold at first, it wasn't opening, but then I just got the fix through the developer directly, since they're waiting for RIM to approve the update for the App World.

BTW, did anyone notice how this was like the 8th most popular app last week in the App World!!!? Haha. Guess its pretty popular already.
    07-25-09 05:53 PM
    There's a free app similar to "SpoofApp" in the Crackberry store. I've never tried it myself so I can't say how it works.

Bluff-My-Call
    07-25-09 06:25 PM
    Ya, it's limited to two minutes and can't do the voice changing/call recording tho!! I tried it first and was disappointed.

SpoofApp appears to be the real deal.
    07-25-09 09:00 PM
    Moving to 3rd Party Apps
    08-11-09 10:58 AM
    Haha no I probably won't be getting that anytime soon but if somebody got it for only prank calling then that's what *67 is for.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 11:39 AM
    spoofapp dials out to a number in canada. so unless you live in canada or have free international calling just get bluffmycall.
    08-11-09 11:42 AM
    spoofapp dials out to a number in canada. so unless you live in canada or have free international calling just get bluffmycall.
    That is definitely not true. Spoofapp dials out to a number in whatever country you live in. If you live in the USA you choose the USA access number.
    08-11-09 04:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD