Besides the removal of the ads, what's different? I'd consider buying it if there are substantial changes, but just for no ads... not worth it to me... the adds don't bother me
    08-21-09 09:54 AM
    I don't think it's worth it-yet. With social scope ( i know invites are sparse), twitterberry and all the other free apps; the advantage of ubertwitter isn't that large. Plus, if some of the other twitter apps scale features, paying for Ubertwitter seems pointless.

I've seen the ads displayed on uber- I don't think it's that bad.
    08-21-09 10:02 AM
    That's what I'm thinking...
    I usually switch between Uber and Socialscope. I like them both for different reasons.

The ads really aren't that bad to me either. I'm just curious to see what's so different that they felt they needed to charge... lol.
    08-21-09 10:21 AM
    Buying it now will only remove the ads. They mention on the purchase page that ur subscription won't start until the full version is released in late september. So unless they are releasing interim upgrades, the big advantage doesn't come until next month.
    You don't have to buy it now. U can wait until when its ready. Its probably intended for people who love ut but can't stand the ads
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by I_love_my_bold; 08-21-09 at 10:49 AM.
    08-21-09 10:46 AM
    Ick. 4.99 just to remove the ads. Nah. Maybe I would if it wasn't a yearly subscription.

08-21-09 03:38 PM
    from what I read, the reason they use the term "subscription" is because within that year all upgrades are free. After a year, you'll have to get another subscription to get free upgrades. it's not necessary to purchase another subscription. That word threw me too! lol
    08-21-09 03:46 PM
    from what I read, the reason they use the term "subscription" is because within that year all upgrades are free. After a year, you'll have to get another subscription to get free upgrades. it's not necessary to purchase another subscription. That word threw me too! lol
    Yes, I too, was wary about purchasing something that I'd have to continue to renew. Hopefully ill be fully satisfied with the product within the year:-)

08-21-09 04:03 PM
    Yes, I too, was wary about purchasing something that I'd have to continue to renew. Hopefully ill be fully satisfied with the product within the year:-)

Me too!!!!
    08-21-09 04:40 PM
    The adds on UT don't bother me at all. If I want something add-free I'll log into SocialScope for the time being. Also, TweetCaster seems to be going in the right direction. They just updated to have the auto refresh option and if they update to get alerts then I'm sold with them!!
    08-21-09 04:41 PM
    TweetCaster needs alerts, integration with twitpic and a video upload option (MobyVideo or 12sec maybe?) and several other things, I got it today.......it's "ok", seemed very slow.
    08-21-09 07:03 PM
    I bought it... ads didn't bother me that much but I'd rather not have them. I think UT is the best twitter app so far and it is well worth the .42 cents per month / .01 per day I paid.
    08-21-09 07:24 PM
    I bought it yesterday, mainly because I figured I could better support the developers by paying for the app, since I wasn't going to click on the ads, probably ever. They didn't bother me though.
    08-21-09 07:47 PM
    I haven't bought it. So far I've only seen one ad when I first signed onto UT, but I'm waiting for Tweeteev.
    Not a fan of the ads; but not so much that it'll cause me to buy the UT app.
    I'd rather spend that on cigarettes or beer.
    08-21-09 08:06 PM
    I can deal with the ads...not paying money

08-21-09 08:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD