Gbsn,

Macro for input sounds very cool and I am most likely able to add it (I say most likely because it is not much different than Promp Macro from programming point of view).

( Classes for Macro )

In regards to ALT+SHIFT+DEL macro:
    Visortgw, you are right about how it has to be done.
    The official RIM statement is that 3 keys can't be simulated in the same time. Only 1 or 2 keys can be simulated at the same time.
    I did try to challenge that a while back (6 months ago), but RIM APIs did not allow 3 key clicks doesn't matter what work around/tricks I used. So, that is most likely not possible.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-10 09:04 AM
    Gbsn,

Macro for input sounds very cool and I am most likely able to add it (I say most likely because it is not much different than Promp Macro from programming point of view).

( Classes for Macro )

In regards to ALT+SHIFT+DEL macro:
    Visortgw, you are right about how it has to be done.
    The official RIM statement is that 3 keys can't be simulated in the same time. Only 1 or 2 keys can be simulated at the same time.
    I did try to challenge that a while back (6 months ago), but RIM APIs did not allow 3 key clicks doesn't matter what work around/tricks I used. So, that is most likely not possible.

Is it a bug or app world doesnt allow direct external launching?
    I managed to open it using a link to the webstore then using macro to go to featured view. But it just wont open directly with shortcutme.
    12-11-10 08:43 AM
    Is it a bug or app world doesnt allow direct external launching?
    I managed to open it using a link to the webstore then using macro to go to featured view. But it just wont open directly with shortcutme.
    The new App World is special. I did change the way it was launched and the work around does work for some BBs and BB OSs, but not all.

Can you explain how you could launch it with Macros?
    12-11-10 04:55 PM
    I am working on a new version with "Input" Macro (as gbsn requested).

It works but need some alpa testing before I make it available for you guys.
    12-11-10 04:58 PM
    The new App World is special. I did change the way it was launched and the work around does work for some BBs and BB OSs, but not all.

Can you explain how you could launch it with Macros?
    I used app name: browser with this link
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/category/2

Then used macro
    delay3000;menukey;navclick;

To swap to featured view.

It takes overall 4 or 5 seconds to launch though, because the browser takes a while to load the link.

12-11-10 08:34 PM
    Do macros not work in BBM groups? I can't get them to, am I missing something?

12-11-10 10:42 PM
    ShortcutMe 5.2.0.6 is on the OTA link.

It has the Input Macro that was requested by gbsn:

With this new version you can have the following:

Input $name; (asks you to enter a value for $name)

Input $picname; (asks you to enter a value for $picname)

key $picname; ($picname will be replaced by the it's value entered by the user)

key Hello $name. This is the picture for $name; (Both $name will be replaced with their value before the macro is executed)

Input $no; (Asks for a value for $no)

MenuItemFromTop $no; ($no will be replaced with its value before the macro is executed)

Please upgrade, test, let me know if you see any bug or share your macros with others using the new/old macros.
    12-12-10 10:47 AM
    You keep changing the links. The 52temp link still reads 5.2.0.5

12-12-10 01:21 PM
    idk how to implement the input option idk whats the significance of it
    12-12-10 02:16 PM
    You keep changing the links. The 52temp link still reads 5.2.0.5

Sorry.

52Temp was only for the last version where MenuKey macro was improved and I didn't want everyone using that version before you and visortgw testing it.

Just forget about that temp OTA link and go back to the previous OTA.

I will send you (and visortgw) an email just to make sure you have the old OTA link.
    12-12-10 06:39 PM
    idk how to implement the input option idk whats the significance of it
    See post #124 on this thread (page 9 for me)

In general, if you want your macros to ask you for a variable and then use it in the macro to achieve something, then you can use Input Macro.
    Last edited by Vijik; 12-12-10 at 06:57 PM.
    12-12-10 06:49 PM
    See post #124 on this thread (page 9 for me)

In general, if you want your macros to ask you for a variable and then use it in the macro to achieve something, then you can use Input Macro.
    lol i still dont get it. an example macro please
    12-12-10 07:11 PM
    lol i still dont get it. an example macro please
    This is a macro shortcut using Input Macro. The macro shortcut will ask if you want to set Identity Restriction to Always or Never before executing the macro:

--AppName: Options

--Parameter:

--Macros:

Input$Identity_1-restrict_2-allow; (you will be asked for a parameter value, Enter 1 to restrict or 2 to allow)
    delay1000;
    NavMoveDown5;
    Delay200;
    NavClick;
    Delay200;
    NavClick;
    Delay200;
    NavMoveDown2;
    NavClick;
    MenuItemFromTop$Identity_1-restrict_2-allow; (the value you entered will be used to select what identity restriction you want to setup)
    NavClick;
    ESCKey;
    NavClick;ESCKey;ESCKey;ESCKey;

--Display Name: Identity Restriction

--Shortcut Chars: IR

--Strokes:IUYTR

--Color: Red
    Last edited by Vijik; 12-14-10 at 05:30 AM.
    12-14-10 03:52 AM
    I am removing some of the ShortcutMe's functions that can now be easily done using Macros in ShortcutMe 5.

Those functions that are getting removed are:

Options_Toggle (Allowed toggling a parameter in BlackBerry Options)

MassStorage_Toggle (Allowed toggling a Mass Storage parameter in BlackBerry Options)

Messages_MenuOptions (Selected a menu item from top of the menu in Messages application)

Messages_MenuOptions_B (Selected a menu item from buttom of the menu in Messages application)

Gmail_Menu (Selected the Accounts menu option in Gmail application)

I will later on post the Macro equivalent for those functions.
    12-16-10 03:01 PM
    Hey Vijik, is there any way you could set up an ota type thing or comprehensive macro list with a link from the app? Just an easy way to import premade macros?

12-16-10 03:05 PM
    Hey Vijik, is there any way you could set up an ota type thing or comprehensive macro list with a link from the app? Just an easy way to import premade macros?

It is a good idea but it might be dangerous in some cases when people without knowing what the macros do, just download something from the OTA link and then if their BB has different menu/OS/3.rd party System Menus, the downloaded macro does a different thing on their BB than what the macro is designed to do. So, this might be difficult to implement.

Just noticed you changed the Avatar picture for your user.
    Congratulations with the new born!
    12-16-10 03:14 PM
    new thread is up!
    12-16-10 05:05 PM
    I am removing some of the ShortcutMe's functions that can now be easily done using Macros in ShortcutMe 5.

Those functions that are getting removed are:

Options_Toggle (Allowed toggling a parameter in BlackBerry Options)

MassStorage_Toggle (Allowed toggling a Mass Storage parameter in BlackBerry Options)

Messages_MenuOptions (Selected a menu item from top of the menu in Messages application)

Messages_MenuOptions_B (Selected a menu item from buttom of the menu in Messages application)

Gmail_Menu (Selected the Accounts menu option in Gmail application)

I will later on post the Macro equivalent for those functions.

This application is amazing - and the level of dedication to keeping on improving and tweaking it is fantastic!
    12-17-10 02:25 AM
    I am adding new macros (ShortcutMe 5.3).

New macros being added:
    - Set
    - BlockStart

Let me know if you want other macros to be added.
    02-22-11 06:35 PM
    holy crap you came back :'O
    02-22-11 06:37 PM
    holy crap you came back :'O

I forgot to say that Set macro allows you to define a parameter (and its value) so that it can be used in rest of the macro.

BlockStart macro was requested by one of the SCM fans. It will allow you to highlight a text. It can be used for example to block copy/cut text using macros.
    02-22-11 07:03 PM
    Dear Vijik

Your program is fantastic, and has huge potential.

I enthusiastically follow software developments but am not normally moved to comment. However, so good is your program I thought I would offer a couple of suggestions that would unlock even more potential, and which, although I am no expert, would not seem hugely difficult given what you have already achieved with this marvellous software:

- allowing a macro to run at a pre-set time in the day - for example, I have a few that I would like to run in the middle of the night, or at times during the day. There are other programs that will run another app at a set time, but of course they are not able to handle macros.

JPR1972, what you requested is now added to the new version of ShortcutMe that I am testing now. It is called Auto-Launch feature and it can launch any of your SCM shortcuts (with or without macros) at any time of the day.
    02-22-11 11:40 PM
    gbsn, can you post one of your auto login macros here. More and more SCM users asking for this through email. Your macros help them to start writing their own macro for the web page they want to auto login to.

02-23-11 05:56 AM
    JPR1972, what you requested is now added to the new version of ShortcutMe that I am testing now. It is called Auto-Launch feature and it can launch any of your SCM shortcuts (with or without macros) at any time of the day.
    Vijik - this is terrific news - a much sought after feature that will simplify a number of things I do at the moment in other ways! How may I test it?
    Regards
    James
    02-23-11 11:21 AM
    Well, autologin can be done in different ways, i can only think of a few right now.

The first one is by automatically launching the website with SCM, then putting a long delay so the website loads. After it loads, it will execute the macro automatically. This way is automated with no user intervention, but its prone to failure as websites never load at the same time on each request. For example, if you try to open a website right after resetting the phone it will take longer than if you had previously visited it.

The second way is by opening yourself the website in the browser, then after it loads, dont user the trackpad at all so the cursor doesnt move, just go directly to SCM and launch the autologin macro. On this one, the macro will never fail unless the website layout is changed, or you move the cursor to another location, because if you change the cursor location, "menuitemfrom" or "navmove" will end up somewhere else. With this, you would have to set up either "menuitemfrom" or "navmove" to initially go to the field. This one works nice when opening the browser for the first time or opening a new tab, if you go from one website to another, the cursor keeps its previous location and it wont work.

Third way, you load the website, then put the cursor on top of the initial field (e.g username). This way the macro only does clicking and only has to be programmed to move to the following fields (e.g password). This way, also, will never fail unless layout gets changed or you move the cursor after initializing the macro.

A fourth way uses the first one but with the "prompt" macro of the beta version. Using the prompt after the page loads will prevent the macro from failing because the website took longer and will reduce wait if the page loads faster. But i dont have the beta, so i cant really explain.

A fifth non existent way is to have SCM place the cursor at the center of the screen. Then this executed first, and no matter where you moved the cursor when the page loaded, you will always be able to execute the macro because the cursor will start from a fixed place.

A sixth non existent way and probably impossible, is to have SCM scan the html code of the website for form fields then somehow jump to the first one and place the cursor over it.

The regular standard way, which is placing the cursor over the field then using a macro to "navclick", then "key" to input the text, then "esckey" to return to cursor mode, and then you move yourself to the next field. This is similar to method 3, but you have to move it yourself. This is what i used to use. But, what we want is a macro that inputs username and password in one shot without having to move from field to field manually like in some other apps.

I will post my example to login to crackberry using method 2, because method 1 was unreliable, as the website sometimes took longer than what i had set, or loaded faster and i had to wait until the macro started. This is for OS6, where the cursor starts in the middle of the screen.

you have to go to http://m.crackberry.com/user from the browser first to land on the login page, then use the macro, its really simple actually.

~~~~Torch OS6~~~~
    THIS IS AN OLD VERSION OF THE MACRO

Description: login macro for mobile crackberry blogs, after having opened the login website in the browser.

AppName: macro
    Macros:
    delay100;
    navmoveup1;
    navclick;
    key username;
    //your username
    esckey;
    navmovedown70;
    navclick;
    key password;
    //your password
    enterkey;

And thats it lol, i tried using it without the initial "navmoveup1" and it worked because the cursor loads right on the field (center of page)

Now for mobihand account, method 2, go to url App Store

~~~~Torch OS6~~~~
    THIS IS AN OLD VERSION OF THE MACRO
    Description: login for "my account" in mobihand, having opened it previously in the browser.

AppName: macro
    Macros:
    delay100;
    menuitemfromtop1;
    //this one is needed
    navclick;
    key username;
    //your username or email
    esckey;
    navmovedown55;
    navclick;
    key password;
    //your password
    enterkey;

This time the menuitemfromtop1 is required because the cursor doesnt load right in the field, but a bit below of it.

Behaviors,
    "menuitemfrom" moves to the next closest following object or button in a website. So basically if you put the cursor below the field and use menuitemfromtop1 it moves to that upper object. Sometimes this one actually behaves like "navmove", usually when you are already over the field.
    "navmove" moves on a pixel based manner, because it moves a really short length when set to 1. So you need a bigger number than those used in regular menus, for example, navmovedown70.

Usually when you navclick on a field, you have to use esckey to return to cursor mode and be able to move to the other field, otherwise, if its left in input text mode, the movement wont work.

The hardest part is figuring out how many pixels you have to use on navmove and if you need menuitemfrom to jump to the field in case the cursor loads somewhere else.

If you are navigating a website then go to a login page, you would have to place the cursor on the username/email field, then use method 3 and only program it to jump to the password field and click enter.

Copy the link locations of the login address for crackberry and mobihand using right click then copy link location, because this forum likes to parse html links even when put between code tags and when told to remove link.
    Last edited by gbsn; 04-05-11 at 12:19 AM.
    02-23-11 12:06 PM
1,385 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD