08-25-13 05:45 AM
1,385 ... 2829303132 ...
tools
    Juggalo20:

Thanks for the suggestion. Tried it, but still have same error as described above.

I believe it has something to do with two 'Dings' as one Ding works fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-11 03:51 PM
    Ding Update:

Tried SCM code on AT&T BB 8820 OS=4.5.182 SCM=5.5.6.0 ....

Same error as above.

09-25-11 04:16 PM
    Ding Update:

Tried SCM code on AT&T BB 8820 OS=4.5.182 SCM=5.5.6.0 ....

Same error as above.

It seems like a problem with the hardware of the devices and the way the OS handles the codecs, or a problem with the macro engine at lower audio frequencies.

Try ding100 and ding110. I managed it to crash several times using ding 70 and 80, but not so far with 100 and 110, weird i must say.
    Last edited by gbsn; 09-25-11 at 11:42 PM.
    09-25-11 11:40 PM
    gbsn:

Thanks. Good thought & suggestion. However, I tried it and it does not work. (same error)

Got a 'feeling' it is due to two dings, as one ding works fine.
    09-26-11 06:59 AM
    gbsn:

Thanks. Good thought & suggestion. However, I tried it and it does not work. (same error)

Got a 'feeling' it is due to two dings, as one ding works fine.
    It could also be due to the audio chip/driver in the hardware. Maybe it doesn't "like" to run a new audio sound before it is done with the first one.
    Anyway, I did check the code and can't see any reason that this issue is caused by a bad usage of the API.
    The API also doesn't have any warning against using some frequencies or how often this can be called.

09-26-11 07:29 AM
    Have you tried to increase the delay between Ding70 and Ding 80 (for example: Delay 200)?

09-26-11 07:31 AM
    Vijik:

Thanks for the input. Been there with the delay consideration .... Delay1000; kicks the same error.

Any other suggestions .... Anyone ????
    09-26-11 08:51 AM
    Vijik, can you put ShortcutMe 5.5.6.0 up somewhere for me to grab it? I'll toy with it on my 8330 with OS 4.5. I already have a second license key for it but no network connection. Just finishing up reinstalling everything on my 9900 at the moment, so it might not be right away, but I'll definately get to it by this afternoon.

09-26-11 08:58 AM
    Juggalo20:

Most gracious of you to offer .... but does not appear to be limited to SCM 5.5.6.0 ...

Just downloaded SCM 5.5.6.1 onto the 9700 ...... problem still exists.
    09-26-11 12:00 PM
    Juggalo20:

Most gracious of you to offer .... but does not appear to be limited to SCM 5.5.6.0 ...

Just downloaded SCM 5.5.6.1 onto the 9700 ...... problem still exists.
    Well then I need 5.5.6.1

I'll borrow a 9780 from my buddy since it'll only take a minute to test

Update
    Nevermind, forgot the 9780 doesn't have OS 5
    Unless you're running OS 6, does the 9700 even have OS 6?

Last edited by Juggalo20; 09-26-11 at 12:15 PM.
    09-26-11 12:06 PM
    Juggalo20:

Yes, 9700 has AT&T certified OS=6.0.0.526
    09-26-11 12:30 PM
    Ok. Cool I'll test on OS6 then if/when Viijik doesn't mind hooking me up

09-26-11 12:54 PM
    Vijik:

Thanks for the input. Been there with the delay consideration .... Delay1000; kicks the same error.

Any other suggestions .... Anyone ????
    I checked the API again.
    The method that SCM calls for 'Ding' macro is a non-blocking method. That means that not all exceptions can be caught when the method is called.
    SCM does catch any exception thrown by that method when it is called, but since you still get an exception, it means that somehow the hardware doesn't accept two 'Dings' and this exception is thrown after the method is called..

Juggalo20, I will email you the link. If you don't find any workaround, I assume the only way is to have only one 'Ding' in the while loop and instead of the second one using 'Vibrate' or 'Led' macros.

09-26-11 01:06 PM
    juggalo20:

Yes, 9700 has AT&T OS=6.0.0.526
    09-26-11 01:27 PM
    Vijik:

"the only way is to have only one 'Ding' in the while loop" ....

Thought you would like to know that with one ding in the loop the error still DOES occur with 20 iterations .....
    09-26-11 03:32 PM
    Got a Ding Bug ... no not a ding bat ...

BB=Bold 9700 OS=6.0
    SCM=5.5.6.0

Following code produces "Uncaught exception ..... SCM(285) ... etc"

SetVolume100;
    Set Vara=0;
    While0 Vara<10;
    Do0;
    Ding70;Delay100;
    Ding80;Delay100;
    Inc Vara;
    EndWhile0;

Total Error Message "Uncaught exception: Application ShortcutMe(285) is not responding: process terminated"

Anyone have any ideas? My bad? or Whatever?
    Sooo... I'm using 9780/6.0.0.546 (no I can't switch OS versions cuz it's not my phone.) And I simply cannot make this work as a single macro. I trried making a Ding70 as a seperate macro then using importmacro, still threw the error. Tried using vibrate instead of delay... But. I did make it kinda work, it's not completely perfect but ...

SetVolume100;
    Set $Vara=0;
    While0 $Vara<5;
    Do0;
    Ding70;Delay100;
    Ding80;Delay100;
    Inc $Vara;
    EndWhile0;
    Set $Vara=0;
    While1 $Vara<5;
    Do1;
    Ding70;Delay100;
    Ding80;Delay100;
    Inc $Vara;
    Endwhile1;

There's a slight slight delay between the first 10 and the second... Sorry I don't have much more time with this phone so I had to look for a quick fix

I'll keep trying off and on when I get more time with the phone...

Last edited by Juggalo20; 09-26-11 at 04:49 PM.
    09-26-11 04:23 PM
    Juggalo20:

Really appreciate your spending so much time on this ....

Tried your code ... error still occurs BUT if either loop is changed to 4 instead of 5 NO error.

Sooo, I tried the original example with 9 instead of 10. Worked fine! Appears anything UNDER 10 works fine! Over 10 produces error.

Then I put in 20 single dings (no loop) and I get the error. But 19 dings works fine.

The logic here, leaves me scratching my head ....
    09-26-11 04:49 PM
    Juggalo20:

Really appreciate your spending so much time on this ....

Tried your code ... error still occurs BUT if either loop is changed to 4 instead of 5 NO error.

Sooo, I tried the original example with 9 instead of 10. Worked fine! Appears anything UNDER 10 works fine! Over 10 produces error.

Then I put in 20 single dings (no loop) and I get the error. But 19 dings works fine.

The logic here, leaves me scratching my head ....
    Weird man. Wish I actually owned an OS 6 device so I could tinker more at one time. I'll post here and PM you if I can figure out the exact point of failure and work it all into a single (smooth sounding) working macro.

09-26-11 04:54 PM
    Here are a few macros that could have been useful during SCM usage.

*New:
    TiltLock X --- Locks the device in the respective orientation. Where X = P or L, P for portrait, L for landscape. Optionally, if no orientation is specified, it will lock the default one, e.g: portrait for 9810. Its mostly useful for storms and torches.
    Sum X,Y --- Returns the addition of two numbers X and Y
    Sub X,Y --- Returns the subtraction of two numbers X and Y
    Mult X,Y --- Returns the multiplication of two numbers X and Y
    Div X,Y --- Returns the division of two numbers X and Y
    && --- AND, for if and while, e.g: If IsDefined $x && IsDefined $y; Then
    || --- OR, for if and while, e.g: While IsAppRunning APP && $x<5; Do

*Carried over:
    GetDay --- Returns the current day number, with a leading zero if less than 10. Ex: 23 or 03
    GetMonth --- Returns the current month number, with a leading zero if less than 10. Ex: 09 or 12
    GetYear --- Returns the current year. Ex: 2011. This one can be discarded if you want, as years dont change as quickly as days or month lol.

If any of these can't be done, let me know so i stop posting them :b
    Last edited by gbsn; 09-27-11 at 02:53 PM.
    09-27-11 02:25 PM
    YES! D: oh yes yes. && and || nomnomnomnom

09-27-11 02:27 PM
    Notepad++ User Language
    If you like to write ShortcutMe macros from your PC, here is a User Language to be imported into Notepad++.

Basically, all this does is format txt documents so it's easier to read and write on your pc...

If you rename the extension of a txt document to scm, Notepad++ will automatically recognize it as a ShortcutMe macro file (after you've imported the user language). You can also make Notepad++ be the default program for opening scm files.

Read the readme file. Convert the readme file extension to txt if you have can't open it. The user language assumes that you are putting spaces after functions, except logic and custom key inputs.

This isn't an official release, and is in no way supported by ShortcutMe.
    I'm just some random guy who made this on his coffee break.

Cheers.
    Last edited by ONE618; 09-29-11 at 02:33 AM.
    09-29-11 02:28 AM
    @juggalo, or anyone else interested in above-simple-user usage :b

Not quite what you wanted but, here is a sample for something that i explained before in the post about the gotos. The template permit app can be used either with a suspend that allows you to type the app name then auto sets permissions, to automatically allow permission to a certain app, or to go around the app list and setting it manually each by running the "function", as i like to call it lol. I have highlighted the most important parts that i want to show with this, which is setting a variable then checking it with a template to see if it exists and then doing something depending on it.

Description: Template to add a "while its not in the foreground" delay for apps, works better than manually figuring out a correct delay for the app to show up.
    Display Name
    : Function Delay App
    App name
    : Macro
    Shortcut
    : ^fda
    Macros
    :
    if0 isdefined $delayapp;then0;
    while0 !isappforeground $delayapp;do0;
    delay20;
    endwhile0;
    endif0;

Description: Template to set all permissions to allow in a application. It the permit app is defined from another shortcut, it automatically types the app name and sets the permissions to it. If the suspend variable exists and the permitapp doesn't, it suspends for you to type the name of the app and then proceed. If used directly from the app manager, it sets permissions and thats it.
    Display Name
    : Function Permit app
    App name
    Shortcut
    : ^fpa
    Macros
    :
    keytospkey; -> if "isdefined" worked on this one, i would put a conditional so its not applied again
    if0 isdefined $permitapp;then0;
    key $permitapp;delay50;
    enterkey;delay5;
    endif0;
    if0 isdefined $suspend;then0;
    suspend;delay7;
    navmoveup1;
    enterkey;delay5;
    endif0;
    menukey;
    spkeye;
    enterkey;delay100;
    keya;
    navmovedown1;
    keya;
    navmovedown1;
    keya;
    esckey;delay100;
    spkeys;delay600;

Description: Main shortcut. Launches options with the delay template, sets the variable and then imports the template. Goes to app manager. Creates or not the suspend variable depending on whether the variable to directly choose the app to set permissions is set ($permitapp), and then import the permission template.
    Display Name: App Manager Permission Allow
    App name: Macro
    Shortcut: AP
    Macros:
    keytospkey;
    launch options;
    set $delayapp=options; -> sets delayapp to be used by ^fda
    importmacro ^fda; -> imports the whole template
    keyap m;delay200;
    navclick;
    if !isdefined $permitapp;then0; ->checks whether app name from shortcut of direct app permision is set, if not set suspend
    set $suspend=1; -> used by the permission template
    endif0;
    importmacro ^fpa; ->imports the whole permission template
    esckey;esckey;
    esckey;esckey;

Description: sets $permitapp to the app name you want to automatically give permissions
    Display Name: Permit SCM
    Shortcut: APS
    Macros:
    set $permitapp=shortcutme; -> sets the name of the app to set permissions for
    importmacro ap;

Description: sets $permitapp to the app name you want to automatically give permissions
    Shortcut: APM
    Macros:
    set $permitapp=mediakeybooster; -> sets the name of the app to set permissions for
    importmacro ap;

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

$permitapp -> set on APS and APM, used by AP to check if the suspend needs to be set, if set, it skips the suspend so the macro types in the name automatically, then its used by ^FPA to type in the predefined name and set permissions automatically. Which as you can see, can be predefined to any app you want on a shortcut, this one is only useful when updating apps as they tend to reset application permissions when it prompts for "trusted status", even when set to allow on the download.

$suspend -> set on AP and used by ^FDA to see if it applies a suspend for the user to type the app name

Just to show how isdefined can be used to reuse one macro for several types of usages.
    Last edited by gbsn; 09-29-11 at 02:35 AM.
    anon(4113192) likes this.
    09-29-11 02:29 AM
    Notepad++ User Language
    If you like to write ShortcutMe macros from your PC, here is a User Language to be imported into Notepad++.

If you rename the extension of a txt document to scm, Notepad++ will automatically recognize it as a ShortcutMe macro file (after you've imported the user language). You can also make Notepad++ be the default program for opening scm files.

Read the readme file. Convert the readme file extension to txt if you have can't open it. The user language assumes that you are putting spaces after functions, except logic and custom key inputs.

This isn't an official release, and is in no way supported by ShortcutMe. I'm just some random guy who made this on his coffee break.

Cheers.
    I like the way you coffee break! I'm not a Notepad++ user but this sounds awesome. Thinking I might just have to scope this out.

09-29-11 02:30 AM
    @juggalo, or anyone else interested in above-simple-user usage :b

Not quite what you wanted but, here is a sample for something that i explained before in the post about the gotos. The template permit app can be used either with a suspend that allows you to type the app name then auto sets permissions, to automatically allow permission to a certain app, or to go around the app list and setting it manually each by running the "function", as i like to call it lol. I have highlighted the most important parts that i want to show with this, which is setting a variable then checking it with a template to see if it exists and then doing something depending on it.

Description: Template to add a "while its not in the foreground" delay for apps, works better than manually figuring out a correct delay for the app to show up.
    Display Name
    : Function Delay App
    App name
    Shortcut
    : ^fda
    Macros
    :
    if0 isdefined $delayapp;then0;
    while0 !isappforeground $delayapp;do0;
    delay20;
    endwhile0;
    endif0;

Description: Template to set all permissions to allow in a application. It the permit app is defined from another shortcut, it automatically types the app name and sets the permissions to it. If the suspend variable exists and the permitapp doesn't, it suspends for you to type the name of the app and then proceed. If used directly from the app manager, it sets permissions and thats it.
    Display Name
    : Function Permit app
    App name
    Shortcut
    : ^fpa
    Macros
    :
    keytospkey; -> if "isdefined" worked on this one, i would put a conditional so its not applied again
    if0 isdefined $permitapp;then0;
    key $permitapp;delay50;
    enterkey;delay5;
    endif0;
    if0 isdefined $suspend;then0;
    suspend;delay7;
    navmoveup1;
    enterkey;delay5;
    endif0;
    menukey;
    spkeye;
    enterkey;delay100;
    keya;
    navmovedown1;
    keya;
    navmovedown1;
    keya;
    esckey;delay100;
    spkeys;delay600;

Description: Main shortcut. Launches options with the delay template, sets the variable and then imports the template. Goes to app manager. Creates or not the suspend variable depending on whether the variable to directly choose the app to set permissions is set ($permitapp), and then import the permission template.
    Display Name: App Manager Permission Allow
    App name: Macro
    Shortcut: AP
    Macros:
    keytospkey;
    launch options;
    set $delayapp=options; -> sets delayapp to be used by ^fda
    importmacro ^fda; -> imports the whole template
    keyap m;delay200;
    navclick;
    if !isdefined $permitapp;then0; ->checks whether app name from shortcut of direct app permision is set, if not set suspend
    set $suspend=1; -> used by the permission template
    endif0;
    importmacro ^fpa; ->imports the whole permission template
    esckey;esckey;
    esckey;esckey;

Shortcut: APS
    Macros:
    set $permitapp=shortcutme; -> sets the name of the app to set permissions for
    importmacro ap;

Shortcut: APM
    Macros:
    set $permitapp=mediakeybooster; -> sets the name of the app to set permissions for
    importmacro ap;

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

$permitapp -> set on APS and APM, used by AP to check if the suspend needs to be set, if set, it skips the suspend so the macro types in the name automatically, then its used by ^FPA to type in the predefined name and set permissions automatically. Which as you can see, can be predefined to any app you want on a shortcut, this one is only useful when updating apps as they tend to reset application permissions when it prompts for "trusted status", even when set to allow on the download.

$suspend -> set on AP and used by ^FDA to see if it applies a suspend for the user to type the app name

Just to show how isdefined can be used to reuse one macro for several types of usages.
    Hahah wow man, just wow. I'ma modify this to something other than permission settings (too unreliable, at least on my 9900/7.0.0.353, sometimes the permission trees are expanded, sometimes collapsed :\). And give this a shot when I have a bit more time. Bloody beautiful this is!

09-29-11 02:40 AM
    QUESTION:

HasRadioConnection macro is returning true when signal is SOS. Is this normal?

Is it possible to have an IsAppRunning macro for Now_Playing? I've tried all the available app names with media in it, and, of course, Now_Playing.

SPECS:
    ShortcutMe v5.8.3.1 *all permission set to allow
    9900 *nearly fresh os install
    09-29-11 02:44 AM
1,385 ... 2829303132 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD