08-25-13 05:45 AM
1,385 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    Using macros to launch a SCM shortcut from another SCM shortcut is currently not supported.

If you want to launch more than one shortcut, you need to create a Cascading shortcut (Example: AppName=CascadedShortcut, Parameter=AB;AF;W).

The "Launch" macro is meant to launch an app and not a SCM shortcut (example: Launch Messages).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Future version?

I have some common sequences in several macros that I'd like to streamline. For example, a wait for idle loop to provide feedback that the macro is waiting in the background:

While0 IdleSeconds<15; Do0;
    Vibrate50; Delay100; Vibrate50;
    Delay5000;
    EndWhile0;
    05-13-11 11:07 AM
    Do you mean that you want to have one macro that replaces all of those macros for the idle loop?

05-15-11 05:26 AM
    Do you mean that you want to have one macro that replaces all of those macros for the idle loop?

Actually, I'm asking for the ability to define my own macros that can then in turn be invoked from within other macros (aka functions or subroutines) -- the thought is that I could have common functions used by many macros coded only once.
    Last edited by visortgw; 05-15-11 at 08:57 PM.
    05-15-11 09:00 AM
    Actually, I'm asking for the ability to define my own macros that can then in turn be invoked from within other macros (aka functions or subroutines) -- the thought is that I could have common functions used by many macros coded only once.
    It is a good idea.
    However allowing to create subroutines might increase the app footprint a lot.

The question is if adding a new macro called something like "InsertMacro AB" which will read macros defined in AB shortcut (ignoring AppName in AB) and insert it in the current shortcut.
    Is that good enough?
    05-16-11 07:41 PM
    It is a good idea.
    However allowing to create subroutines might increase the app footprint a lot.

The question is if adding a new macro called something like "InsertMacro AB" which will read macros defined in AB shortcut (ignoring AppName in AB) and insert it in the current shortcut.
    Is that good enough?
    Definitely a good compromise if my original request would have a negative effect on device resources. How would you handle the loop tags (i.e., the digits that designate begin/end? Would these need to be manually edited if the conflict with other loops in the macro?
    05-16-11 09:38 PM
    It is possible to set If and While numbering to 9 (If9, While9) for those macros that are supposed to be imported.
    Assuming that no one use up 9 (#0-#8) IF and WHILE sentence in one macro shortcut, it would not be an issue.
    In addition, I think, if you make sure that all parts of an IF sentence (If, Then, Else, Endif) is used in your imported macro (even if you don't need Else you add it to your macro), it should not be (I think) any interference if you have other If9 in your shortcut (I have to double check the source code to be 100% sure on this).

05-17-11 05:41 AM
    "ImportMacro" is now added to .121
    (It is still not available for download as alpha testing is being done. Will be available soon).

My alpha tester confirms that if you have a COMPLETE If-sentence
    ( If9 ...;Then9;...;Else9;....;EndIf9; ) in your imported macro from another shortcut, it will not interfere with COMPLETE If9-senetence in your macros.

05-17-11 11:50 AM
    .121 is now ready for download.

Following new macros are added to .121:

- ImportMacro
    ImportMacro AB; (imports macros from AB shortcut).

- Call
    Call +1 877 000 0000 P231; (calls that 877 number with extension 231)

- Inc
    Inc $NoOfKeys; (Increments the value of the variable $NoOfKeys)

- Dec
    Dec $NoOfKeys; (Decrements the value of the variable $NoOfKeys)
    Last edited by Vijik; 05-17-11 at 10:29 PM.
    05-17-11 07:16 PM
    The new Dec and Inc macros can be used to make a For-Loop:

Macro to vibrate 5 times:

Set $fff=5;
    While1 $fff>0;
    Do1;
    Vibrate100;
    Delay100;
    Dec $fff;
    EndWhile1;

05-18-11 10:08 AM
    Sorry to have been offline for the last couple of days, but my VZW 9650 was the victim of VZW's latest OS release (i.e., OS v6.0.0.524) -- the device would not charge after an OTA OS upgrade. Replacement device came via FedEx this afternoon, and I have been working ever since to restore data and third-party apps.

I will check it out within the the next day or so once things settle down.
    05-19-11 07:44 PM
    bumprevivalbugreportaftersolong

It seems importmacro can't handle the comment notation /* */, it says its an unrecognized macro.

Also, wouldn't it be a good idea to take this latest version out of beta?, to keep money flowing.
    06-04-11 02:18 AM
    when will we see the new version released out of beta? i need more scheduled launch options (current version i have only has 4).
    06-05-11 01:01 PM
    when will we see the new version released out of beta? i need more scheduled launch options (current version i have only has 4).
    You can try the beta, its stable already.
    06-05-11 01:10 PM
    bumprevivalbugreportaftersolong

It seems importmacro can't handle the comment notation /* */, it says its an unrecognized macro.

Also, wouldn't it be a good idea to take this latest version out of beta?, to keep money flowing.
    Do you mean that /* */ in the imported macro can't get recognized?

I have had plan for that for a long time but mobihand guys are not very co-operating. They have been playing mouse and cat since a month ago!
    06-08-11 11:05 AM
    The beta version had 10 scheduled launch option. Do you have the beta link?
    06-08-11 11:06 AM
    The beta version had 10 scheduled launch option. Do you have the beta link?
    no i don't. can you PM it to me? thanks.
    06-08-11 12:17 PM
    no i don't. can you PM it to me? thanks.
    Send email to support at shortcutme dot com for the beta link
    06-08-11 02:04 PM
    Send email to support at shortcutme dot com for the beta link
    Confirming that it is beebea. (162)
    06-08-11 03:58 PM
    I just added some more scheduled launches but the save function isn't working. When i hit the back/esc key, then click "Yes" when it asks "Do you want to save changes?" it doesn't save or exit. I even tried using the "Save & Return (ESC)" option in the menu but it won't exit, nor save the added scheduled launches.
    06-08-11 05:32 PM
    I just added some more scheduled launches but the save function isn't working. When i hit the back/esc key, then click "Yes" when it asks "Do you want to save changes?" it doesn't save or exit. I even tried using the "Save & Return (ESC)" option in the menu but it won't exit, nor save the added scheduled launches.
    You left either the shortcut or the time empty in one of the scheduled shortcuts and you pressed save. And now, each time you go in, it wont save.

The same happened to me a long time ago and i had to edit the backup file and add the missing shortcuts or time to the scheduled shortcuts and then restored the backup file so it would save settings changes.

I was going to report this bug, but somehow forgot, or probably i did post it, i dont remember.
    06-08-11 05:36 PM
    You left either the shortcut or the time empty in one of the scheduled shortcuts and you pressed save. And now, each time you go in, it wont save.

The same happened to me a long time ago and i had to edit the backup file and add the missing shortcuts or time to the scheduled shortcuts and then restored the backup file so it would save settings changes.

I was going to report this bug, but somehow forgot, or probably i did post it, i dont remember.
    so, you're saying i should have all 10 scheduled launches filled out before i hit save, even though, say, 3 out of the 10 will be active?
    06-08-11 07:11 PM
    beebea,

I haven't seen this bug before. Since I don't have your settings I need your help to bug fix it. Let me know if you have time to go true a series of downloading-testing-reporting rounds.

FYI: I am making a new version with some feedbacks on the saving process. When it is ready, and if you confirm that you have time, I will send you the link to download that and let me know what you see on the screen when you try to save it.

Do you remember what version you had before upgrading to this beta version?
    06-08-11 08:02 PM
    Beebea, if you want to help to fix that bug, point your BB browser to this link:

x\beebea

where x is the beta link I sent you today.

In that new version (.121_0), when you want to save the Common Config page, it will show you a series of "Saving...x" where x is a number.
    Just let me know what is the maximum number you see in the series of "Saving...x".

That will help me to find out where the save process fails on your BB.

Thanks
    06-08-11 08:17 PM
    beebea,

I haven't seen this bug before. Since I don't have your settings I need your help to bug fix it. Let me know if you have time to go true a series of downloading-testing-reporting rounds.

FYI: I am making a new version with some feedbacks on the saving process. When it is ready, and if you confirm that you have time, I will send you the link to download that and let me know what you see on the screen when you try to save it.

Do you remember what version you had before upgrading to this beta version?
    i have the time.

i do not know the version i had before upgrading to the beta version. but it was the latest available on Crackberry Mobihand. v 5.3.2.0 I believe.
    06-08-11 09:23 PM
    Beebea, if you want to help to fix that bug, point your BB browser to this link:

x\beebea

where x is the beta link I sent you today.

In that new version (.121_0), when you want to save the Common Config page, it will show you a series of "Saving...x" where x is a number.
    Just let me know what is the maximum number you see in the series of "Saving...x".

That will help me to find out where the save process fails on your BB.

Thanks
    I'm receiving the following msg:

Error: Invalid manifest or application descriptor.

The "MIDlet-Verision" attribute is not a valid version number.
    06-08-11 09:30 PM
1,385 ... 1617181920 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD