On the torch, endkey goes back to the homescreen not matter how many apps you have in foreground.
    Your on a 9650 with 6.431?
    Correct, Bold 9650, OS v6.0.0.431.
    04-14-11 02:56 PM
    I think our BBs are behaving differently on manual END key click.

When I do as you explained in your example 1, on 2 BBs that I have, the manual End key click takes me back to the Home Screen, while on your bb, it is closing only the forefront app.

Did you try my example (2 post above, #322: No use of SCM at all)?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    How are you going from MemoPad to Calculator without SCM? Go back to Home Screen first? (e.g., Home Screen, D, end key, U, end key?). This goes back to Home Screen.
    04-14-11 03:07 PM
    How are you going from MemoPad to Calculator without SCM? Go back to Home Screen first? (e.g., Home Screen, D, end key, U, end key?). This goes back to Home Screen.
    If you want to switch the first and second app in the application switcher (last two used applications) use application_toggle function of scm.

launch application_toggle

So if you open calculator, then memopad and want to get back to calculator, you use that.

edit1: OR NOT HAHAHA /runs away

For some reason app toggle works when used as a shortcut toggling the first two, but when used as a macro it toggles the last two items in the bottom for the application switcher page, weird.

edit2: now it just happens it doesnt do that, it just cycles through the first top three of the app switcher, when used as a macro.

edit3: ok, another edit lol

launch calculator;
    delay500;
    launch memopad;
    delay500;
    launch application_toggle;
    launch application_toggle;

works by going back to calculator when memopad is in foreground.

Weird enough, used as shortcut, swaps between first and second apps in app switcher.
    Used as macro, cycles through first three by taking the third and placing it in the first slot.

So viewing it as is,

before macro, line is -> homescreen, random app 1, random app 2
    open calculator, line is -> calculator, homescreen, random app 1
    open memopad, line is -> memopad, calculator, homescreen
    first toggle, line is -> homescreen, memopad, calculator
    second toggle, line is -> calculator, homescreen, memopad

so basically to get back to memopad again

toggle, line is -> memopad, calculator, homescreen

then back to calculator

toggle, line is -> homescreen, memopad, calculator
    toggle, line is -> calculator, homescreen, memopad

I guess its cool this way so you can swap between the first three apps, instead of two.
    Last edited by gbsn; 04-14-11 at 04:18 PM.
    04-14-11 03:17 PM
    Hold down ALT, then click ESC. Key. It opens the AppSwitcher. Click on Calculator.

04-14-11 04:23 PM
    On the torch, endkey goes back to the homescreen not matter how many apps you have in foreground.
    Your on a 9650 with 6.431?
    Correct.
    It is also the case on Stratus, 9100 (BB OS 5).

04-14-11 04:30 PM
    Hold down ALT, then click ESC. Key. It opens the AppSwitcher. Click on Calculator.

So Calculator was already running in the background. Also, holding the BlackBerry Menu key also invokes the App Switcher.

It appears that things have changed between versions as far as ENDKey behavior in addition to the fact that different devices or OSs behave differently. BTW, do you have Dial from Home Screen disabled (or "Launch by Typing Application Shortcuts" in OS v6)? I am wondering if that might cause a difference...
    04-14-11 07:02 PM
    Correct.

I will check and see if anything is changed as a side effect of adding the new macros (I say side effect because I know I didn't directly changed the ENDKey macro code).

I just tried and can confirm that regardless of the setting for Launch By Typing the result of manual END Key click on Torch is the same (Returning to BB Home Screen doesn't matter how many apps are opened on top of the Home Screen).

04-14-11 07:35 PM
    Now that we are on the beta again, is it possible to raise the number of Alt shortcuts? Its currently limited to 20 :[
    04-15-11 12:16 PM
    Now that we are on the beta again, is it possible to raise the number of Alt shortcuts? Its currently limited to 20 :[
    The change that you requested last time is implemented already:
    You can create a normal shortcut (not ALT-shortcut) and enter ^ as its first shortcut key. If ^ is selected as first character, SCM allow you to enter 3 chars after that.
    It's already in the version you are running.
    04-15-11 01:30 PM
    The change that you requested last time is implemented already:
    You can create a normal shortcut (not ALT-shortcut) and enter ^ as its first shortcut key. If ^ is selected as first character, SCM allow you to enter 3 chars after that.
    It's already in the version you are running.
    O mi god, totally forgot about that lol, in fact, i have more than 20 ^ shortcuts, but i totally forgot that i created them like regular shortcuts and went ahead and used the create alt shortcut button this time.
    04-15-11 09:40 PM
    Dude vijik, the if then else endif macros are pure win paired with the launch macros, it can replace the cascaded macros you posted for closing background applications in a much more cleaner, simpler, faster and controlled way.

Dont take out the "then" statement, its good to keep track of long things, specially since we dont have brackets.
    Another thing, i assume the 2 in the if2 is to number the if statement so it doesnt conflict right?
    If numbering is only necessary when creating branches to an if statement.

if0;
    if1; ->branch of if0
    endif1; -> branch of if0
    endif0;
    if0;
    if1;
    endif1;
    endif0;

Is perfectly fine as each if has its own endif, numbering does not need to be changed or increased if they are at the same level (branching).

An example of a closing background apps macro would be

App name: Macro
    Macros:
    if0; //starts first if
    isapprunning APPLICATIONBOOM;
    //checks if app #1 is running
    then0;
    //if its running, then proceed below
    launch APPLICATIONBOOM_BG;
    //brings app #1 to foreground
    menukey;
    //sample app closing proceedure macro
    delay100;
    menuitemfrombottom1; //usually the exit or close entry is at the bottom, can be exchanged with keye or keyc
    delay100; //sample app closing proceedure macro
    navclick; //sample app closing proceedure macro
    endif0; //ends first if
    if0;
    //starts second if
    isapprunning APPLICATIONBANG;
    //checks if app #2 is running
    then0;
    //if its running, then proceed below
    launch APPLICATIONBANG_BG;
    //brings app #2 to foreground
    menukey;
    menuitemfrombottom1; //usually the exit or close entry is at the bottom, can be exchanged with keye or keyc
    navclick; //sample app closing proceedure macro
    endif0; //ends second if

The advantage of using it this way instead of creating a shortcut for each application to bring it to foreground and then creating a cascading shortcut, is that this one doesnt run the macro if the app is not running, reducing time drastically.

Basically, using the cascaded method and if the app is not running in the background, shortcutme would launch the first cascaded shortcut, and since it is not in the background, it would return to shortcutme again, to then launch the second cascaded shortcut and so on for each, basically wasting time on apps that are not in the background.
    With this one though, it checks first if its running, if it isnt, it just skips the whole proceedure and jumps to the line after the "endif", and in this case, starting the second "if" to check if the next app is running, everything in one go, no screen swapping between shortcutme and the failed attempt to bring a non running app to foreground.
    Its pretty quick compared to the cascaded method, and you dont need to create shortcuts to bring apps to foreground.

Also, make sure the BG in "launch appname_BG" is in capital letters, otherwise it wont work.
    It has been updated, its not case sensitive, either _bg or _BG will work.

This works great for closing these silly apps that decide to launch automatically at startup and dont have an option to turn that off, like bit.lify, databackup, imgedit and a few more.

Last edited by gbsn; 09-26-11 at 02:48 AM.
    04-17-11 01:11 AM
    Cool!
    You are right. Your macro with If-sentence is muuuuuuch better than cascaded shortcuts (I suggested) to close background apps.

The reason for that number in front of If,Then,Else,EndIf is to show ShortcutMe what belongs to what If-sentence.
    It is also there to allow you to have an If-sentence inside another one (as long as they don't overlap).

It is only 1 digit number, so you can have up to 10 If-sentences in your macros (0-9).

I will make "_BG" case-insensitive.

Last edited by Vijik; 04-17-11 at 04:48 PM.
    04-17-11 02:36 PM
    I am working on adding another macro.It is going to be called:

IsInHolster

(Returns TRUE if the device is in holster)

04-17-11 02:43 PM
    .112 is on the beta link.

- "_BG" is now case-insensitive (_BG, _bg, _Bg, and _bG are all the same) in macros.

- "IsInHolster" macro is added.
    04-17-11 10:20 PM
    Is it possible to add a launch shorcut macro? to launch shortcuts directly, to have more control over the whole flow?

like "launchsc fmd;" will launch the scm shortcut fmd, which lets say is assigned to a macro shortcut, which is unlaunchable using the regular launch.
    Its just so we can combine separate application shortcuts with macro shortcuts and do something in between.

Kind of cascading with macros, but you can choose exactly when to cascade.
    04-18-11 05:51 PM
    I checked the source code. Launching a macro shortcut from another macro shortcut requires a lot of change to macro engine of ShortcutMe.
    In addition, it needs additional security checks to make sure that it doesn't end up in an infinite loop requiring a battery pull reset.
    04-19-11 05:44 PM
    Since upgrading to .112 today, my scheduled launches no longer work. Have 4 set up and none of them launched. I made sure the phone was unlocked, out of the holster, and powered on. Using a 9700 on 5.0.0.979.
    04-19-11 09:48 PM
    Thanks for letting me know.
    I will fix the bug in .112 beta and let you know when you can download .113 (with a fix).

04-20-11 09:23 AM
    I've been having some trouble with schedule launching at startup, but I thought it was because of the time delay I had set. One scheduled shortcut launches fine, which is the one for getting to the processes in the engineering screen, but the one for closing startup apps does not schedule, they are set like 5 minutes apart. SCM hangs in the background and when brought to foreground its just a blank white screen.

04-20-11 02:57 PM
    gbsn,
    A blank white screen is a sign that ShortcutMe is told (by scheduled launchers, Custom System Menu, and soon dedicated ShortcutMe Launching Icons) to launch a shortcut that either doesn't exist or if there are other shortcuts with the same shortcut keys.
    Add a * at the end of the shortcut keys (i.e. AE*) you have set up for your scheduled shortcut and let me know if you still see the white screen.
    04-20-11 06:44 PM
    gbsn,
    A blank white screen is a sign that ShortcutMe is told (by scheduled launchers, Custom System Menu, and soon dedicated ShortcutMe Launching Icons) to launch a shortcut that either doesn't exist or if there are other shortcuts with the same shortcut keys.
    Add a * at the end of the shortcut keys (i.e. AE*) you have set up for your scheduled shortcut and let me know if you still see the white screen.
    In this case i'm using "X", its the only shortcut "X", but there are others as "XA", "XDB", "XWA" and so, but only one "X". I will try the asterisk mode, I thought it only applied on system menus.
    The EScreen works fine, i'm guessing because its a three letter shortcut producing no conflicts at all.

edit:
    Asterisk only opens scm with X already pressed, same as with system menu
    Managed to make it work by deleting the other three lettered X shortcuts since i dont need them anymore as im using the if statement for closing, and making it XS instead of X. Now its just XS and XA.

Last edited by gbsn; 04-20-11 at 08:45 PM.
    04-20-11 06:48 PM
    gbsn,

Based on what you wrote, I think I should do one of these:

1- Allow using another sign command ('!' ?) to let Scheduled Shortcuts to enforce launching a shortcut (for example X should launch X-shortcut even if XA-shortcut exists).

2- Make it so that Scheduled Launch Shortcut X runs X-shortcut doesn't matter what other shortcuts exists.

What do you guys think, 1 or 2?
    04-20-11 09:55 PM
    Since upgrading to .112 today, my scheduled launches no longer work. Have 4 set up and none of them launched. I made sure the phone was unlocked, out of the holster, and powered on. Using a 9700 on 5.0.0.979.
    I couldn't find a reason why Scheduled Launch doesn't work on your device model.
    If you also get a white screen when trying Scheduled Launch shortcuts, then I might have fixed the issue because I found that some ghost shortcuts (shortcuts that exist but doesn't show up in the main screen of SCM because their AppName is set to Nothing) created problem for SCM to run shortcuts with either of these keys "HUS", "UD", "UF", "UM", "WG", "WS" and "OP".

The new version, .113, with a fix that removes ghost shortcuts is now on the beta site.
    Please upgrade, then if the problem is still there, please let me know what shortcuts are defined in your Scheduled Launches.
    04-20-11 10:05 PM
    gbsn,

Based on what you wrote, I think I should do one of these:

1- Allow using another sign command ('!' ?) to let Scheduled Shortcuts to enforce launching a shortcut (for example X should launch X-shortcut even if XA-shortcut exists).

2- Make it so that Scheduled Launch Shortcut X runs X-shortcut doesn't matter what other shortcuts exists.

What do you guys think, 1 or 2?
    I would say, launch "X" when "X" is set, launch "XA" when "XA" is set, launch "XAA" when "XAA" is set. It would be easier and simpler for beginners. Since we already have "X*" will display "X" shortcuts, and "XA*" will display "XA" shortcuts.
    Last edited by gbsn; 04-20-11 at 10:14 PM.
    04-20-11 10:09 PM
    I would say, launch "X" when "X" is set, launch "XA" when "XA" is set, launch "XAA" when "XAA" is set. It would be easier and simpler for beginners. Since we already have "X*" will display "X" shortcuts, and "XA*" will display "XA" shortcuts.
    Agree.
    The only doubt will be if there exists more than one X-shortcut. Which one of those X-shortcuts should be launched by the Scheduled Launch?
    Last edited by Vijik; 04-20-11 at 10:19 PM.
    04-20-11 10:15 PM
1,385 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD