Hey Vijik, hope you are doing well. My BBM macros no longer work since the latest update. What is the best Macro these days for launching a BBM convo with a specific contact? Thank you.
    Hi wkaneh3, Long time no see

What version of ShortcutMe do you run?

What is the macro you try to use to launch BBM (the one that doesn't work)?
    wkaneh3 likes this.
    07-23-12 11:00 PM
    Vijik,

First of all, ShortcutMe--the greatest fracking app ever!

I'm running v6.2.3 on my Bold 9900 os 7.1.0.523 and cannot get any BBM macro to work. Nothing seems to bring up BBM. I did write a pugin that sends a bbm message to a contact--seems to work. If you, or anybody has a cleaner way, please let me know.
    ####Macro_Text####
    LaunchAndWait Addressbook;
    KeyAlice;
    MENUKey;
    MenuItemFromTop13;
    NavClick;
    KeyLeaving the office now.;
    ENTERKey;
    ESCKey;
    ESCKey;
    ESCKey;
    ESCKey;
    Please upgrade to 6.2.3.3 or newer (ShortcutMe > BB/Menu Key > Updates), then test again and let me know if the problem is solved.
    07-23-12 11:02 PM
    Please upgrade to 6.2.3.3 or newer (ShortcutMe > BB/Menu Key > Updates), then test again and let me know if the problem is solved.
    Upgraded to 6.2.3.4 and all BBM shortcuts work great. Thank you.

Follow up question: When BBM is brought to the foreground, the cursor ( highlighted item ) is on the line where the program was last exited. Will MenuItemFromTop; start selecton from the actual top, or from where the cursor was last?
    07-24-12 08:56 AM
    Hi,

Was hoping someone could help me with a macro to prompt for the user to choose froma list

- gmail addy
    - hotmail addy
    - work addy

and then depending on the choice, paste the result into the active text box

i.e
    - [email protected]
    - [email protected]
    - [email protected]

I've tried disecting another macro, but I'm getting nowhere fast. The idea behind this is to store some commonly used phrases or words without needing to remember shortcuts for auto complete. I'll then access this function by adding it to the system menu.

TIA
    Last edited by djh_wolf; 07-24-12 at 06:13 PM.
    07-24-12 06:03 PM
    Upgraded to 6.2.3.4 and all BBM shortcuts work great. Thank you.

Follow up question: When BBM is brought to the foreground, the cursor ( highlighted item ) is on the line where the program was last exited. Will MenuItemFromTop; start selecton from the actual top, or from where the cursor was last?
    Good that BBM shortcuts work now.

MenuItemFromTop (soon will also be named ItemFromTop) macro will start from whatever item that is highlighted and move all the way up and then count down to the number you have specified for the macro.
    Is that a problem?
    07-24-12 09:28 PM
    Hi,

Was hoping someone could help me with a macro to prompt for the user to choose froma list

- gmail addy
    - hotmail addy
    - work addy

and then depending on the choice, paste the result into the active text box

i.e
    - [email protected]
    - [email protected]
    - [email protected]

I've tried disecting another macro, but I'm getting nowhere fast. The idea behind this is to store some commonly used phrases or words without needing to remember shortcuts for auto complete. I'll then access this function by adding it to the system menu.

TIA
    Try adding a shortcut like this:

--AppName: Macro
    --Parameter:
    --Macros:

SelectFrom **15,gmail addy,hotmaill addy, work addy; /*15 increases the font size shown. It makes the options big enough so that you can touch to select them*/
    If2 $$Result==0;
    Then2;
    [email protected];
    ElseIf2 $$Result==1;
    [email protected];
    ElseIf2 $$Result==2;
    [email protected];
    EndIf2;

You can then add this shortcut (in Common Config page) to the System Menu.
    Last edited by Vijik; 07-24-12 at 09:50 PM.
    07-24-12 09:42 PM
    Good that BBM shortcuts work now.

MenuItemFromTop (soon will also be named ItemFromTop) macro will start from whatever item that is highlighted and move all the way up and then count down to the number you have specified for the macro.
    Is that a problem?
    Don't rename it! The current name is so self explanatory...please. After playing around with MenuItemFromTop, it does exactly what you described above; it moves to the top of the menu then counts down the number given...works perfectly.

On a side note, the Bluetooth_toggle in 6.2.3.4 hits Mobile Hotspot, it needs to count down one more spot.

Cheers and keep up the good work

P.S.
    I just purchased NFCShortcuts to go along with SCM...awesome!
    07-24-12 10:59 PM
    @dkjip,

I am not going to rename MenuItemfromTop for legacy concerns. I will just add another macro called ItemFromTop that does exactly the same thing as MenuItemFromTop macro.
    The reason is that this macro can select an item in any screen and not just in Menu.
    (Other macros might also get a "brother" macro with shorter name).

Bluetooth_Toggle accepts a parameter. Set the parameter to a number that reperesents the position of Bletooth in Manage Connections screen.
    (Some BBs don't have hotspots. The parameter for Bluetooth_ (and NFC_) Toggle makes sure that everyone can use those functions).

Now that you also have NFCShortcuts, you probably want to buy some tags.
    Make sure that you don't buy Mifare Classic or Mifare 1k tags.
    Try buying Mifare Ultralight tags that are supported by BB OS.
    07-25-12 02:41 AM
    Thanks, perfect !
    07-25-12 12:02 PM
    Hi wkaneh3, Long time no see

What version of ShortcutMe do you run?

What is the macro you try to use to launch BBM (the one that doesn't work)?
    Vijik, when I upgraded to the latest version the BBM macros started working again. Thank you.
    08-05-12 11:26 AM
    is that possible to launch some apps when detect some event in SCM 5.9
    or do i necessary to upgrade to SCM 6.2 in order to do that?
    to be exact, i want to switch wifi off when detect backlight off
    and switch back wifi on when backlight coming back on
    08-16-12 07:08 PM
    is that possible to launch some apps when detect some event in SCM 5.9
    or do i necessary to upgrade to SCM 6.2 in order to do that?
    to be exact, i want to switch wifi off when detect backlight off
    and switch back wifi on when backlight coming back on
    You need to upgrade to ShortcutMe 6.

(ShortcutMe 6 has a free plugin app called SCMEventLauncher.
    That plugin can do what you want but it only works with ShortcutMe 6).
    08-17-12 11:40 AM
    Vijik,
    I submitted a support request via the Fonware site a few days ago but have not heard back. I can't use my SCM until my license dilemma is resolve, and all of my NFC_Shortcuts tags trigger SCM shortcuts, so I'm out of luck there too at this point.
    In a nutshell: I had to replace my 9930 and found out after the fact that my old license key won't work with this replacement 9930's PIN.
    Please help. Thanks.
    08-20-12 09:24 PM
    Vijik,
    I submitted a support request via the Fonware site a few days ago but have not heard back. I can't use my SCM until my license dilemma is resolve, and all of my NFC_Shortcuts tags trigger SCM shortcuts, so I'm out of luck there too at this point.
    In a nutshell: I had to replace my 9930 and found out after the fact that my old license key won't work with this replacement 9930's PIN.
    Please help. Thanks.
    Haven't seen that.
    Please send me an email (support at shortcutme dot com) so that we get you up and running again.
    08-20-12 09:35 PM
    Haven't seen that.
    Please send me an email (support at shortcutme dot com) so that we get you up and running again.
    I've sent the email.

Thanks.
    08-20-12 10:30 PM
    I prepared a macro set for the person who asked about BacklightOn macro here in this thread yesterday, but it looks like that his post is removed.

Anyway, this is the macro that leaves backlight on when Google Maps is in foreground.
    The macro automatically exists when GoogleMaps is not in foreground, therefore letting the baclight to go off again for other apps:

Delay 1000;
    If2 IsModuleForeground GoogleMaps;
    Then2;

While2 IsModuleForeground GoogleMaps;
    Do2;
    BacklightOn;
    Delay 8000;
    EndWhile2;

Vibrate 200;
    Show SCM finished the shortcut for Auto Backlight On because Google Maps in not in foreground ##2000;

Else2;
    Show Open Google Maps first, then run this shortcut;
    EndIf2;
    09-06-12 08:45 AM
    Hi everybody!

Can you give me Macro Restart for BlackBerry 9700 OS6

I'm using Shortcut Me 5.6.2.0

Thanks!
    09-08-12 07:53 AM
    Hi everybody!

Thanks!
    Help me!!!
    09-09-12 05:08 AM
    Hi everybody!

Thanks!
    Are you looking for a Macro to Reboot your BlackBerry?

There is no official SCM Macro to do a Alt+CAP+DEL keyboard Reboot. Some have had success with a workaround that can be found in the threads. (Not sure if it works with all BB OS versions, though)

I would suggest free QuickPull. Works well and integrates just fine with ShortcutMe.
    09-09-12 07:08 AM
    I would suggest free QuickPull. Works well and integrates just fine with ShortcutMe.
    It isn't very useful, if scheduling a reboot in the night with bedside mode on, It displays all sort of things after reboot. Is there any app that just reboots the phone and show the home screen, without asking for any input before and after rebooting ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    09-20-12 08:43 AM
    Just download a free app that does device reboot, then make a shortcut in ShortcutMe that launches that app and does everything that is needed (user input) to reset the device.
    You can schedule that shortcut to run any time you want.
    09-20-12 04:13 PM
    Hi Vijik,

first of all thanks for your great apps (I have bought both NFCShortcuts and ShortcutMe) + your tutorials here at CrackBerry forums. After quite a short time I was able to create my first macro and assign it to an NFC tag

But I just can't figure out how to do this second one:

If profile Normal --> Set to Vibrate and launch music player (the default one);
    else --> Set to Normal and close music player;

I managed to create two separate macros to toggle profiles and to start music, but wasn't able to put it all together, would you please help me with that? Thanks in advance!
    09-21-12 05:45 PM
    Vijik,

Can you or one of your colleagues reply to my support request (submitted to [email protected] and also PM'd to you here)? I can't believe how much I miss my SCM and NFCShortcuts.

Thanks.
    09-22-12 08:50 AM
    Vijik,

Can you or one of your colleagues reply to my support request (submitted to [email protected] and also PM'd to you here)? I can't believe how much I miss my SCM and NFCShortcuts.

Thanks.
    Will do soon
    09-22-12 10:41 AM
    Will do soon
    OK, thanks.
    09-22-12 10:56 AM
1,385 ... 5253545556
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD