Aside all that, are you going to develop shortcutme for bb 10 as well?
    06-30-12 07:50 AM
    I wanted to make this thread so we all can share our SCM Macro shortcuts that are useful everyday use.
    Add as many as u can conjure up in this thread!
    These are only for 6.0 os users

Let me start it off:

--Radio Off - WiFi On

--AppName: Manage Connections

--macros: MenuItemFromTop1;NavClick;NavMoveDown1;NavClick;Na vMoveUp1;NavClick;ESCKey;NavClick;

--Radio On - WiFi Off

--AppName: Manage Connections

--macros: MenuItemFromTop1;NavClick;NavMoveDown1;NavClick;ES CKey;NavClick;

--Automatic SMS message to person of your choice

--AppName: SMS_Page

--macros: MENUKey;NavMoveDown1;NavMoveRight1;NavClick;Delay2 ;Key [person name here] ;NavMoveDown3;NavClick;Delay2;NavMoveDown1;Key [message to person here]

I.E. --> macros: MENUKey;NavMoveDown1;NavMoveRight1;NavClick;Delay2 ;Key Mike Jay ;NavMoveDown3;NavClick;Delay2;NavMoveDown1;Key Hey bro
    I have a question about that macro you made before buying this app: does it enable wifi and turn mobile data off/ disable wifi and turn mobile data on when pressing a key while at the home screen? If it does not do that, can someone suggest me an app that enables me to make a shortcut for that? Thing is I have wifi at home and I realized that the battery lasts longer while using wifi and not mobile data: so I basically want to be able to switch between wifi and mobile data at a press of a button.
    06-30-12 08:38 AM
    Aside all that, are you going to develop shortcutme for bb 10 as well?
    Based on what RIM has announced, BB10 is first out 6 to 10 months from now.
    I don't have plan for stuff I want to do that many months away.
    06-30-12 06:05 PM
    I have a question about that macro you made before buying this app: does it enable wifi and turn mobile data off/ disable wifi and turn mobile data on when pressing a key while at the home screen? If it does not do that, can someone suggest me an app that enables me to make a shortcut for that? Thing is I have wifi at home and I realized that the battery lasts longer while using wifi and not mobile data: so I basically want to be able to switch between wifi and mobile data at a press of a button.
    If you can live with running a shortcut from the BB menu (in Home Screen or any other app), or
    if you can live with 2-clicks (a hotkey (Space, etc) or Convenience/side key + a shortcut key) then ShortcutMe alone can do it.

If you want to have true one-click (a hotkey in Home Screen) doing all that, you also need either MyOwnIcons or MyOwnHotKeys app in addition to ShortcutMe.

ShortcutMe is not limited to only do what you want now. You can macro anything else too.
    06-30-12 06:10 PM
    I guess * and / would also be nice to have.
    I also downloaded scmeventlauncher. Seems to be a handy app. But since a BB is a messaging tool, I miss the events for textmessage, email or bbm received.
    That way, one could replace all these "call led color" apps.
    Could you add something like this?
    I have added +, -, * and / to a new version of ShortcutMe. As soon as I am done alpha testing it, I will make it available.
    chrnit likes this.
    06-30-12 06:12 PM
    I have added +, -, * and / to a new version of ShortcutMe. As soon as I am done alpha testing it, I will make it available.
    Nice, thanks!
    07-01-12 08:02 AM
    ShortcutMe 6.2.2.0 is now available for all BB models. Those who own ShortcutMe 6 can download it from the app itself: ShortcutMe > BB/Menu key > Updates

New in 6.2.2.0:

- 'Set' and 'SetGlobal' macros can now do +,-,*, and / calculation. Calculation is done step by step from left to right.

Example: Set $Var1 = 3 + $V1 - 53 + 32;

Example: Set $Var2 = This +is +an +example; /*$Var2 is now "This is an example" */

- Removed a bug related to Show macro

- Trackpad sensitivity for SwipeToEdit and SwipeToSwitchViewMode can be changed using ExtraAppName 6 (@@@1 sets it to 1, @@@F disables it)
    07-02-12 03:51 PM
    Hi I updated the newest version to 6.2.2.0 in the update option in the app and when I click on any wesite to open say for example app name _ browser
    Parameter http://m.crackberry.com
    When I click on it I get this msg
    Error not numeric values
    Vijik likes this.
    07-04-12 06:49 PM
    Yes, I discovered the same earlier today, and I reported it directly to Support. @Vijik is looking into it...
    Vijik likes this.
    07-04-12 06:53 PM
    Thank you both for reporting it.

See this post for the solution:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post7497852
    07-04-12 07:52 PM
    Hello! I need a bit of help with a Macro ...

I have a memopad memo that I use as an INDEX to other Memo Titles.
    Each Index Line begins with a Code-String -- which String is also the initial characters in a corresponding Memo-Title. For example:

A23 = Chile Recipe
    A24 = Great Movie Quotes
    A25 = SCM Tips.

The Macro Copies the 3-character Code-String onto the Clipboard, BUT to make it automatically open the corresponding Memo, I need to know how to place the Clipboard content into a Variable.

Can someone please tell me how to do that?

Thank you !!

Chuck C.
    07-04-12 08:19 PM
    Hello! I need a bit of help with a Macro ...

I have a memopad memo that I use as an INDEX to other Memo Titles.
    Each Index Line begins with a Code-String -- which String is also the initial characters in a corresponding Memo-Title. For example:

A23 = Chile Recipe
    A24 = Great Movie Quotes
    A25 = SCM Tips.

The Macro Copies the 3-character Code-String onto the Clipboard, BUT to make it automatically open the corresponding Memo, I need to know how to place the Clipboard content into a Variable.

Can someone please tell me how to do that?

Thank you !!

Chuck C.
    What BB model do you have?
    07-04-12 08:52 PM
    What BB model do you have?
    Hi Vijik!

I have a Bold 9650 running SCM 6.2.1 ... Thanks,

Chuck
    07-04-12 10:26 PM
    Hi Vijik!

I have a Bold 9650 running SCM 6.2.1 ... Thanks,

Chuck
    There is a macro called CLIPBOARDTEXT
    But that doesn't solve your problem because it replaces all CLIPBOARDTEXT in the macro with the clipboard text when the shortcut starts to run.

You need a macro that can return clipboard text when the macro engine execute that macro.

So, I made a new version, version 6.2.2.2, that has a new macro called GetCB.
    You can for example write a macro like this:

Set $Var1 = GetCB; /*$Var1 will now get the text found in the Clipboard*/

You can upgrade to 6.2.2.2 from ShortcutMe > BB Key > Updates
    Chuck-7 likes this.
    07-05-12 04:12 AM

Set $Var1 = GetCB; /*$Var1 gets Clipboard text.*/

Vijik:

That works perfectly! And it also solves a couple other macro creations I had planned

Thanks Much!

Chuck
    Last edited by Chuck-7; 07-05-12 at 08:43 PM.
    07-05-12 07:04 PM
    Hi, can someone recommend a macro to create a sleep timer for music ? Essentially a timer that pauses music playback after a set number of minutes.
    07-18-12 05:06 PM
    Hi, can someone recommend a macro to create a sleep timer for music ? Essentially a timer that pauses music playback after a set number of minutes.
    I made two new plugins for you (and others).
    They are called +StopMediaPlayer and +LaunchAShortcutLaterOn

1- You need to download the plugins (+StopMediaPlayer and +LaunchAShortcutLaterOn) to your BB (read about how to download and use plugins here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...me-6-a-716748/
    Download those plugins from the same thread above).

2- Then create a shortcut that stops Media player
    like this:

AppName: +StopMediaPlayer
    Shortcut Key: SMP (Make sure the keys you are selecting here is not used in other shortcuts on your ShortcutMe).

Run this shortcut and make sure you turn off Safe Mode for the +StopMediaPlayer plugin (ShortcutMe will give you an option for this when you run the plugin for the first time) when you feel comfortable about it.

3- Now create a shortcut that schedules the above shortcut (SMP) to launch x minutes later:

AppName: +LaunchAShortcutLaterOn
    Parameter: SMP (Same as the shortcut above).
    07-18-12 10:00 PM
    That's great, but it requires shortcutme 6. I need to pay for it again, even if I have shotcutme 5, right? No discount for people who already own it?
    07-19-12 11:02 AM
    That's great, but it requires shortcutme 6. I need to pay for it again, even if I have shotcutme 5, right? No discount for people who already own it?
    Upgrade price to SCM 6 is $1.99.
    App World should offer you that price and not the full price.

Do you see ShortcutMe in My World of App World on your BB?
    Last edited by Vijik; 07-19-12 at 11:53 AM.
    07-19-12 11:30 AM
    Upgrade price to SCM 6 is $1.99.
    App World should offer you that price and not the full price.

Do you see ShortcutMe in My World of App World on your BB?
    Yes, but it doesn't offer a paid upgrade. It just says upgrade, when I select it it says "upgrade to version 6.2.3 of ShortcutMe". If I select continue it installs something, but I'm still stuck with 5.9.6. I tried upgrading using the appworld website on PC, the paid upgrade icon is there, but it skips the payment and just goes to install the app, but it doesn't work since my key is for the previous version. Something is broken for me :S
    07-19-12 01:10 PM
    Yes, but it doesn't offer a paid upgrade. It just says upgrade, when I select it it says "upgrade to version 6.2.3 of ShortcutMe". If I select continue it installs something, but I'm still stuck with 5.9.6. I tried upgrading using the appworld website on PC, the paid upgrade icon is there, but it skips the payment and just goes to install the app, but it doesn't work since my key is for the previous version. Something is broken for me :S
    App World is full of surprises! I have heard of various ways it doesn't handle upgrade cases, but the one you are seeing is still new to me.

Anyway, try this: Take out the micro SD in your BB, then open App World, hold down ALT key while entering R S T.

Then, after App World closes, open it again and see if in My World you see ShortcutMe and if App World allow you tp upgrade.
    07-19-12 05:58 PM
    App World is full of surprises! I have heard of various ways it doesn't handle upgrade cases, but the one you are seeing is still new to me.

Anyway, try this: Take out the micro SD in your BB, then open App World, hold down ALT key while entering R S T.

Then, after App World closes, open it again and see if in My World you see ShortcutMe and if App World allow you tp upgrade.
    I did that, and nothing changed. I'll try going through the website (on my PC) again.

UPDATE:
    It seems that the problem is in the ShortcutMe update. On my PC appworld when I click a paid upgrade for something else I get a prompt for payment, but Shortcutme doesn't show that, even though I click the same 'paid upgrade' link :S
    Last edited by pavichokche; 07-19-12 at 09:20 PM.
    07-19-12 06:59 PM
    I don't know how to solve it in the Developer Portal that is a simple web based UI for developers.

Anyways, send an email to support at shortcutme dot com.
    Hopefully we find a solution for you.
    07-20-12 08:57 AM
    Hey Vijik, hope you are doing well. My BBM macros no longer work since the latest update. What is the best Macro these days for launching a BBM convo with a specific contact? Thank you.
    07-23-12 01:49 PM
    Vijik,

First of all, ShortcutMe--the greatest fracking app ever!

I'm running v6.2.3 on my Bold 9900 os 7.1.0.523 and cannot get any BBM macro to work. Nothing seems to bring up BBM. I did write a pugin that sends a bbm message to a contact--seems to work. If you, or anybody has a cleaner way, please let me know.
    ####Macro_Text####
    LaunchAndWait Addressbook;
    KeyAlice;
    MENUKey;
    MenuItemFromTop13;
    NavClick;
    KeyLeaving the office now.;
    ENTERKey;
    ESCKey;
    ESCKey;
    ESCKey;
    ESCKey;