Hi looking for some help with this macro.

i plan to have this run anytime my 9930 is removed from the holster.

the point is to use bluetooth setting to along with time of day and day of week to see if phone should be silent, normal, or phone calls only.
    monday - friday 700-1630 is silent otherwise if bluetooth on phone calls only if bluetooth off normal.

ANY input is welcome this was dreamed up lastnight is messy and kinda works.

edit starting over

these work if ran seperately

One of my shortcuts created in ShortcutMe (6.1.1.2_OS7_T):

--AppName: Macro
    --Parameter:
    --Macros: show Run Set Ringer?;
    Set $var1=gettime;
    If1 $var1 >0700 && $var1 <1630;
    Then1;/*if at work go to silent*/
    Launch Profile_Selector;
    Delay100;
    *Keys;
    NavClick;
    Else1;/*if not at work see if bluetooth is on*/
    if2 isbton == true;
    then2;
    Launch Profile_Selector;
    Delay100;
    *Keyp;
    NavClick;
    Else2;
    Launch Profile_Selector;
    Delay100;
    *Keyn;
    NavClick;
    Endif2;
    endif1;
    --Display Name: set ringer only
    --Shortcut Chars: SRO
    --Strokes:
    --Category:
    --Color: White

--Parameter:
    --Macros: if3 isbton == true;
    then3;
    if4 IsAppRunning sms bridge;/*if bluetooth is on see if bridge is running*/ then4; else4; LaunchAndWait sms bridge; NavClick; NavClick; EndIf4; Else3; LaunchAndWait sms bridge; NavMoveDown1; NavClick; NavClick; Endif3; --Display Name: set sms bridge --Shortcut Chars: SB
    --Strokes:
    --Category:

but if i use this cascade sro runds then shortcutme opens and launches the FAQ

--AppName: CascadedShortcuts
    --Parameter: sro;sb;
    --Macros:
    --Display Name: set ringer and bridge
    --Shortcut Chars: SRB
    --Strokes:
    --Category:
    Last edited by Brandon_oma692; 04-25-12 at 12:54 PM.
    04-25-12 07:13 AM

the point is to use bluetooth setting to along with time of day and day of week to see if phone should be silent, normal, or phone calls only.
    monday - friday 700-1630 is silent otherwise if bluetooth on phone calls only if bluetooth off normal.

ANY input is welcome this was dreamed up lastnight is messy and kinda works.

edit starting over

these work if ran seperately

--Parameter:
    --Macros: show Run Set Ringer?;
    Set $var1=gettime;
    If1 $var1 >0700 && $var1 <1630;
    Then1;/*if at work go to silent*/
    Launch Profile_Selector;
    Delay100;
    *Keys;
    NavClick;
    Else1;/*if not at work see if bluetooth is on*/
    if2 isbton == true;
    then2;
    Launch Profile_Selector;
    Delay100;
    *Keyp;
    NavClick;
    Else2;
    Launch Profile_Selector;
    Delay100;
    *Keyn;
    NavClick;
    Endif2;
    endif1;
    --Display Name: set ringer only
    --Shortcut Chars: SRO
    --Strokes:
    --Category:

--Parameter:
    --Macros: if3 isbton == true;
    then3;
    if4 IsAppRunning sms bridge;/*if bluetooth is on see if bridge is running*/ then4; else4; LaunchAndWait sms bridge; NavClick; NavClick; EndIf4; Else3; LaunchAndWait sms bridge; NavMoveDown1; NavClick; NavClick; Endif3; --Display Name: set sms bridge --Shortcut Chars: SB
    --Strokes:
    --Category:

but if i use this cascade sro runds then shortcutme opens and launches the FAQ

--AppName: CascadedShortcuts
    --Parameter: sro;sb;
    --Macros:
    --Display Name: set ringer and bridge
    --Shortcut Chars: SRB
    --Strokes:
    --Category:
    I'll take a look at this and work something out for you (all one macro). But here's the limitations.

- There's no way to tell what day of the week it is
    - when checking if bluetooth is on/off while bluetooth is off you will always be prompted. I've got a macro that will ignore your answer, but you'll still be prompted. (A macro to turn on bluetooth even if you choose no for example). This is just the way the API works, only RIM can fix it.
    - I don't have SMS Bridge so will be unable to test it 100%

Edit #1
    What was wrong with your original one? The more I think about/try to do it, it ends up almost identical to your original haha. I have your original one in my email.
    Last edited by Juggalo20; 04-26-12 at 02:05 AM.
    04-26-12 01:50 AM

What is your plan for detecting BB getting removed from holster?
    Do you want to use SCMEventLauncher for that?
    04-26-12 08:26 AM
    Vijik yes i am using SCMEventLauncher.

Juggalo20 i split in two pieces to try to debug it. i had trouble with isbton so i went another route.

thanks to Vijik for the the bt on and off plugins that i used as a starting point for this one.

asks if i want to run or cancel

then asks if i am at work so it will function everyday correctly

if not at work ask if i am using my playbook which is the only current reason i would want bt to be on.

--Parameter:
    --Macros: show Set Profile?;
    input $var2,At Work?;
    if0 $var2==n;
    then0;
    input $var3,Playbook?;
    set $var4=$var2$var3;
    if1 $var4==ny;
    then1;
    Launch Profile_Selector;
    Delay100;
    *Keyp;
    NavClick;
    CloseOptions;
    LaunchAndWait Options;
    keybluetoo;
    NavClick;
    Delay100;
    MenuItemFromTop1;
    NavClick;
    menuItemFromTop1;
    NavClick;
    ESCKey;
    closeoptions;
    if2 IsAppRunning sms bridge;
    then2;
    else2;
    LaunchAndWait sms bridge;
    NavClick;
    NavClick;
    EndIf2;
    else1;
    if3 $var4==nn;
    then3;
    Launch Profile_Selector;
    Delay100;
    *Keyn;
    NavClick;
    CloseOptions;
    LaunchAndWait Options;
    keybluetoo;
    NavClick;
    Delay100;
    MenuItemFromTop1;
    NavClick;
    menuItemFromTop2;
    NavClick;
    ESCKey;
    closeoptions;
    if4 IsAppRunning sms bridge;
    then4;
    NavMoveDown1;
    NavClick;
    NavClick;
    else4;
    Endif4;
    else3;
    else0;
    Launch Profile_Selector;
    Delay100;
    *Keys;
    NavClick;
    CloseOptions;
    LaunchAndWait Options;
    keybluetoo;
    NavClick;
    Delay100;
    MenuItemFromTop1;
    NavClick;
    menuItemFromTop1;
    NavClick;
    ESCKey;
    closeoptions;
    NavClick;
    NavClick;
    endif3;
    --Display Name: works
    --Shortcut Chars: XXX
    --Strokes:
    --Category:

are my endif's in the correct spot?
    are my "empty" then and else ok to use?
    this seems to function as i want.
    04-26-12 01:14 PM
    Juggalo20 is right.
    Currently there is no way to get day of weeks in ShortcutMe.
    However, I am going to (within a few days) add a new macro, 'GetDayOfWeek', to do just that.
    04-26-12 03:56 PM
    Juggalo20 is right.
    However, I am going to (within a few days) add a new macro, 'GetDayOfWeek', to do just that.
    You continue to amaze me!
    Vijik likes this.
    04-26-12 03:58 PM
    Juggalo20 is right.
    Thanks that will be sweet. Are any other triggers possible scm eventlauncher?
    04-26-12 06:24 PM
    Thanks that will be sweet. Are any other triggers possible scm eventlauncher?
    SCMEventLauncher, the free app that can be downloaded for ShortcutMe 6, can launch a (macro) shortcut based on the following events:

- BB is connected to a charger (PC or wall charger)
    - BB is connected to a pad charger
    - USB cable is disconnected from the BB
    - Battery voltage goes low
    - Battery voltage goes below what is needed for keeping radio on
    - Battery gets too hot
    - BB goes into Holster
    - BB is taken out of Holster
    - BB is connected to a wifi router (with or without a specific SSID name)
    - Wifi connection gets unreachable to BB
    - Someone with or without a specific number calls you.
    - And many more events all available in the drop down event list in SCMEventLauncher.
    04-26-12 10:01 PM
    Hi,

I am using myownhotkeys and shortcutme since a few days and I think they are wonderfull apps!!

However I wonder whether the following is possible:

I have a rather long macro (few seconds) for turning 3g on or off. I noticed that the phone still registers user input during the execution of the macro. Thus additional user input during the execution of the macro will often result in unexpected changes in the Options menus instead of turning the 3g on or off.

So I was wondering whether it is possible to block additional user input during the execution of a long macro?

Many thanks!
    04-28-12 05:28 AM
    Hi,

I am using myownhotkeys and shortcutme since a few days and I think they are wonderfull apps!!

However I wonder whether the following is possible:

I have a rather long macro (few seconds) for turning 3g on or off. I noticed that the phone still registers user input during the execution of the macro. Thus additional user input during the execution of the macro will often result in unexpected changes in the Options menus instead of turning the 3g on or off.

So I was wondering whether it is possible to block additional user input during the execution of a long macro?

Many thanks!
    Nope. I see what you're saying (it word have an upside in this case) but I can't imagine RIM allowing an app to block a user from using their phone.
    WakyEggs likes this.
    04-28-12 05:34 AM
    Ah thanks for your quick reply. I was hoping for a solution, because I am somehow anxious that settings will be changed unintentionally when the macro is running. But I think the chances of that are quite small anyway.
    04-28-12 05:48 AM
    Ah thanks for your quick reply. I was hoping for a solution, because I am somehow anxious that settings will be changed unintentionally when the macro is running. But I think the chances of that are quite small anyway.
    Ok. I did some minor testing. I bolded that because we're talking like 1 minute worth using memopad. If you experiment further I take no responsibility for anything that happens haha. Though, the worse I can imagine this doing is crashing your phone causing a reboot...

So, if you use
    BacklightOff;
    You'll get 1 free press of a key, as in, if you press a key the backlight will come back on BUT that key press doesn't seem to impact the macro. Meaning if you accidentally hit one key, you'll be OK. Theoretically... You could put
    BacklightOff;
    Before every command. Then
    BacklightOn;
    Or
    KeypadLockKey;
    At the end.

I say theoretically, because if you hammer the "backlightoff" command you will lockup/crash your phone (pressing anything will cause a reboot, I actually do this intentionally as a "Reboot" shortcut lol)

Again, without taking any responsibility for anything bad happening (but full responsibility if it works perfect ) I'd say... Use some BacklightOff, and turn on the LED while your macro is running (just so you have a visual that it's going) and a BacklightOn or KeyPadLockKey at the end (depending on what you want to happen) and maybe a Ding or Vibrate at the end as well.
    WakyEggs likes this.
    04-28-12 06:13 AM
    Yup, it also supports || for or. Note that you can only use one && or || though, as in

If0 test1 && test2;
    Will work, but
    If0 test1 && test2 && test3;
    Will not. If you get what I mean.
    ah, I see. thanks for the enlightenment!
    04-29-12 08:04 PM
    I bought this software with the intent of setting up a shortcut that would allow me to use Google Voice like the default dialer. Basically I'd like to have any highlighted phone number, whether in the address book or in an email or text message copied into Google Voice app's dialer whenever I hit a shortcut key, in effect acting similar to how the native Blackberry dialer functions. Turns out the software is far to complex for me. Can/Will anyone give me a head start on this or point me in the direction of something similar that already exist?
    05-01-12 09:55 PM
    I bought this software with the intent of setting up a shortcut that would allow me to use Google Voice like the default dialer. Basically I'd like to have any highlighted phone number, whether in the address book or in an email or text message copied into Google Voice app's dialer whenever I hit a shortcut key, in effect acting similar to how the native Blackberry dialer functions. Turns out the software is far to complex for me. Can/Will anyone give me a head start on this or point me in the direction of something similar that already exist?
    It is a macro in ShortcutMe called 'HighlightedToCB'. It can copy a user highlighted text into the clipboard (it can be used in another macro to call that number: ).
    But I don't think that an BB OS highlighted text can be read by any app than the BB OS itself.
    05-02-12 08:41 PM
    Regarding using the 'Key' macro command: I've noticed that I can Key a full sentence into a given email's Subject line, but if I Key more than 2 or so words into the body of an email the macro ceases to run (or at least it appears that way) and proceeds no further.

For example here's a macro that I have attached to an Msg_Email shortcut:
    Delay100;
    Key I'm on my way.;
    NavMoveDown1;
    Key Rolling now.;
    ENTERKey;
    ENTERKey;
    ENTERKey;
    MENUKey;
    NavClick;
    ENDKey;
    ENDKey

(note: all the 'ENTERKey' entries are so that the email ends up having some blank lines inserted beneath my keyed text, and the auto-sig doesn't get crammed immediately underneath the 'Rolling now' text.)

So in the macro example above: I've kept the text in the email's body to 'Rolling now' because any more text entry beyond that will cause the macro to stall out and stop executing.

I'm running the latest version of ShortcutMe_Touch Ver.: 6.1.0.6_OS7_T on my 9930.

Anyone know what would cause this or has anyone else experienced the same?

Thanks.
    05-10-12 11:02 AM
    @MisterShark,
    Try to use parameter field for the MSG_Email:

--AppName: Msg_Email
    --Parameter: [email protected];<s>Subject;<b>Body line1\nline2\nLine3

And upgrade to ShortcutMe 6.1.3.0 series by hitting Updates menu option (ShortcutMe>Menu/BB key>Updates).
    05-15-12 09:10 AM
    @MisterShark,
    Try to use parameter field for the MSG_Email:

--AppName: Msg_Email
    --Parameter: [email protected];<s>Subject;<b>Body line1\nline2\nLine3
    I'll try using the parameter approach.

And upgrade to ShortcutMe 6.1.3.0 series by hitting Updates menu option (ShortcutMe>Menu/BB key>Updates).
    I'm a little bit gun-shy after that last version upgrade where I lost my past configs/macros so let me make sure I'm doing this correctly this time. Tell me if these steps are correct:
    - Backup Configs (I just completed this step)
    - perform the update
    - Restore Configs (after the update is completed successfully)

Thanks.
    05-15-12 10:33 AM
    I'll try using the parameter approach.

I'm a little bit gun-shy after that last version upgrade where I lost my past configs/macros so let me make sure I'm doing this correctly this time. Tell me if these steps are correct:
    - Backup Configs (I just completed this step)
    - perform the update
    - Restore Configs (after the update is completed successfully)

Thanks.
    Yes, running 'Backup Configs' before upgrading is recommended.
    The last step might not be necessary if installing the update goes well.

ShortcutMe automatically backs up your settings and shortcuts. When you hit Restore, you can select from a manually stored backup file or an auto saved one.

When you hit Update menu item (and allow the app to connect), then a panel opens. The second button there is called "Upgrade Instructions". If you click it, it will show you what to do.
    05-15-12 11:18 AM
    In order to use SM 5.0 to activate Google Voice I setup the following macro:

MENUKey;Delay500;MenuItemFromTop1;Keyc;ENTERKey;

I did this because on my BB whenever I am in the address book or call log I can hit the menu key, go to the top of the menu, and then hit "C" and "Call using Google Voice" is always selected because it's the first menu item starting with "C". The macro works fine from my address book, but when I use it in a call log, it always jumps to the top of the call log, selects the top number, and calls that number using Google Voice. I added the delay, thinking that my BB's menu system was so sluggish that SM 5.0 may be jumping to the top of the call log because the menu hadn't fully opened by the time the menu item command was issued. This didn't help though, so I added a delay as high as 5000ms trying to fix the problem but it still jumps to the top of the call log, then opens the menu, and calls the top number using Google Voice, instead of the number I actually selected. If I manually highlight a number in the call log, hit the menu key, scroll to the 1st or top item in the menu, click c, then hit enter, I get the desired result so I don't understand what I am missing using SM 5.0

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by loadleft; 05-17-12 at 01:08 PM.
    05-17-12 12:49 PM
    @loadleft,

What happens if you create a shortcut like this:

AppName: Macro
    Macros: MenuKey;

And run that shortcut when call log is open?
    05-17-12 07:38 PM
    @loadleft,

What happens if you create a shortcut like this:

AppName: Macro
    Macros: MenuKey;

And run that shortcut when call log is open?
    When I run the shortcut you describe and I have the call log open with any number that's not at the top highlighted, the highlighter jumps to the top of the list and the menu opens simultaneously.
    05-17-12 08:13 PM
    When I run the shortcut you describe and I have the call log open with any number that's not at the top highlighted, the highlighter jumps to the top of the list and the menu opens simultaneously.
    That is very odd. It means that either MenuKey macro does MoveUp injections or the BB OS doesn't handle the MenuKey injection correctly.

1- What version of BB OS do you run on your BB?

2- Did this macro of yours work before on another OS and/or SCM version?

3- What version of ShortcutMe do you run?
    05-18-12 06:56 AM
    ^ SCM: 6.1.2.1_T
    BB operating sytem: 6.0 Bundle 2647 (v6.0.0.600, Platform 6.6.0.223)
    BB Torch 9800
    I've never tried it on another BB or operating system
    05-18-12 07:35 AM
    In order to use SM 5.0 to activate Google Voice I setup the following macro:

MENUKey;Delay500;MenuItemFromTop1;Keyc;ENTERKey;

I did this because on my BB whenever I am in the address book or call log I can hit the menu key, go to the top of the menu, and then hit "C" and "Call using Google Voice" is always selected because it's the first menu item starting with "C". The macro works fine from my address book, but when I use it in a call log, it always jumps to the top of the call log, selects the top number, and calls that number using Google Voice. I added the delay, thinking that my BB's menu system was so sluggish that SM 5.0 may be jumping to the top of the call log because the menu hadn't fully opened by the time the menu item command was issued. This didn't help though, so I added a delay as high as 5000ms trying to fix the problem but it still jumps to the top of the call log, then opens the menu, and calls the top number using Google Voice, instead of the number I actually selected. If I manually highlight a number in the call log, hit the menu key, scroll to the 1st or top item in the menu, click c, then hit enter, I get the desired result so I don't understand what I am missing using SM 5.0

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks in advance!
    Got a link to the app? I'll check it out. Did a search on App World but didn't see "Google Voice"
    05-21-12 12:52 AM
1,385 ... 4849505152 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD