04-13-12 06:09 PM
    Hi

its 6.1.0.6

Hope that helps.

Thanks

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    04-14-12 02:47 AM
    Hi all

Hoping someone can help; coz I'm not too great at this...

When I launch BB App World, I would like my device to switch to 3G and 2G
    When I launch BB App World, I would like my device to switch WiFi on
    When App World is closed, I would like my device to revert to 2G
    When App World is closed, I would like my device to switch WiFi off

Unfortunately; I really have no idea how to achieve this.

Can someone please help....

Thanks
    Hi

its 6.1.0.6

Hope that helps.

Thanks

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    The first on in your list can be achieved with the shortcut below on BB OS 6 (LaunchModuleAndWait macro below requires ShortcutMe 6+):

A shortcut to launch App World and then to switch to 3G+2G mode:

AppName: Macro
    Macros: LaunchModuleAndWait net_rim_bb_appworld,#; LaunchAndWait Options; KeyNetwork Mode; Delay100; NavClick; Delay100; MenuItemFromBottom1; NavClick; MenuItemFromTop 3; NavClick; EscKey; EscKey; EscKey;
    Last edited by Vijik; 04-14-12 at 08:59 PM.
    04-14-12 08:31 PM
    Does anyone know if it's possible to launch an app when 3.5mm audio connection hole detect a jack insertion !! If it's possible with this app or any other app that'd be wonderful
    04-17-12 05:33 PM
    Does anyone know if it's possible to launch an app when 3.5mm audio connection hole detect a jack insertion !! If it's possible with this app or any other app that'd be wonderful
    Not at the moment. With ShortcutMe 6.x it is possible to trigger off certain events, but currently this is not one of the events. You can head over to http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...escreen-715658 and inquire if this could be added in the future. If it's not... well then we can look at a manually launched macro.
    04-17-12 08:46 PM
    I checked the APIs. It doesn't look like that an app can listen to Headset Connection.

ShortcutMe 5 and 6 have a macro to check the status of the headset jack:

IsHeadsetConnected

Usage Example:

If2 IsHeadsetConnected;
    Then2;
    EndIf2;
    04-17-12 10:45 PM
    Hello All Shortcutme User,

I have encounter a problem with the developer and she/he is very disrespectful of customers concerns. It seems as though the developers at shortcutme is blaming everything that is fault against AppWorld. THIS IS NOT TRUE!!

I have contacted AppWorld and they have told me that the developer has to request the changes through the vendor. Apparently, the developers for Shortcutme has not done so and believe they have requested the upgrade twice for customers to pay twice.

I have emailed back and forth with the developer (shortcutme) about the full charge of $3.99 for the upgrade, that I have been receiving.

The developer literally said:

The upgrade fee is $1.99.
    Unless what you have said has not been true, App World wants to charge
    you $3.99.
    You might be in love with App World, but that doesn't mean that we are
    charging you $3.99

This was really disrespecting me as a customer. I have told the developer that I have purchased the latest version of version 5 and provided my license key also. The above statement is what I receive from the developer.

Please be aware of all the accusation they are putting forth against AppWorld. AppWorld allows and approved their application to be sold to Blackberry users.

Yes, the developer has developed some really good apps that I have also bought from them. However, after this incident, I will never buy their apps again. There are always better apps out there. I would spend my money on developers that appreciate their customers feed back.
    04-18-12 02:39 AM
    Cool story bro. Probably should have included reciepts. Also nobody respects feedback more than Fonware. If you're going to whine like a little girl at least get your facts in order.

Strange that a dev would post exact instructions to solve a problem, and then tell users "too bad" lol. Just doesn't make sense.

Sounds to me like you emailed with no proof you paid twice, then came crying here.

Vijik's proven time and time again he's all about pleasing customers. Why would he make a specific thread about it if it was untrue? Lol.

You can find the thread he made specifially to address this App World issue here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...owners-715850/
    04-18-12 02:52 AM
    Response to whataday can be found here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...0/#post7327795
    04-18-12 06:05 AM
    Heyyyy! my whole 3G,2G settings made it to the new version!! Too bad even though i bought it just recently, this one is a paid upgrade (

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-18-12 10:34 AM
    Heyyyy! my whole 3G,2G settings made it to the new version!! Too bad even though i bought it just recently, this one is a paid upgrade (

Bad timing haha. But, if the free update rate of 6.x is even half as good as 5.x was I'm sure you'll be satisfied hah.
    04-18-12 10:36 AM
    Yeah but s1tworld is telling me i need to pay 3.99! that cant be right can it? :s

04-18-12 11:09 AM
    Yeah but s1tworld is telling me i need to pay 3.99! that cant be right can it? :s

Dunno what site/store that is. So I don't know. I got my upgrade through App World.
    04-18-12 11:12 AM
    Appworld. Sad part is how on appworld it has a button "FREE" and right above it it says "Paid upgrade" so I felt like it is free for users who recently bought 5x latest version. But when I click the Free button, it shows 3.99 on Paypal page
    04-18-12 11:26 AM
    Wow weirdness!! Right after posting, I clicked "Free" again. This time it said 3.00!! Maybe a few more seconds & it will actually become free lol
    04-18-12 11:28 AM
    @Varadigm,
    The upgrade fee (from SCM 5 to SCM 6) is $1.99 as it is announced.
    If you see any other price, then it is an App World issue. Either App World doesn't recognize that you own SCM 5, or it doesn't manage to give you the upgrade price.

Don't buy an upgrade (from SCM 5) unless it is $1.99
    (And certainly don't buy any upgrade if you already have paid to upgrade to SCM 6).
    Wait until things settles down on App World.
    04-18-12 11:32 AM
    Not at the moment. With ShortcutMe 6.x it is possible to trigger off certain events, but currently this is not one of the events. You can head over to http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...escreen-715658 and inquire if this could be added in the future. If it's not... well then we can look at a manually launched macro.
    Thanks for the reply. What manual macro we can create ? It'd be really handy as when someone uses the BB for music/radio through an app by connecting it to car radio AUX port or when heading to the gym or walk .

@Vijik if we can implement it somehow, that'd be great.
    04-18-12 12:14 PM
    Wow weirdness!! Right after posting, I clicked "Free" again. This time it said 3.00!! Maybe a few more seconds & it will actually become free lol

Sounds like anything is possible with App World, even a price fluctuation more volatile than the oil price!
    Maybe the offfered price from App World could be used as a Random Number generator
    04-18-12 12:43 PM
    Thanks for the reply. What manual macro we can create ? It'd be really handy as when someone uses the BB for music/radio through an app by connecting it to car radio AUX port or when heading to the gym or walk .

@Vijik if we can implement it somehow, that'd be great.
    I checked the APIs. It doesn't look like that an app can listen to Headset Connection.

ShortcutMe 5 and 6 have a macro to check the status of the headset jack:

IsHeadsetConnected

Usage Example:

If2 IsHeadsetConnected;
    Then2;
    EndIf2;
    Without knowing exactly what you're trying to do I can't quite right the macro for you, but ^ there's the example
    04-18-12 12:44 PM
    So I'm trying to launch an app once I insert 3.5mm jack in the blackberry audio out hole. The app could be Native music player, Spotify, Nobex Radio, TuneIn radio etc.
    04-18-12 12:48 PM
    I have a browser shortcut configured on my 9930 which opens the browser to a specific webmail page, suspends (giving me time to manually tap-select into the page's password field), and then keys in my password after I press the convenience key to resume from the suspend:

Macros:
    Suspend; (this is where I touch the password field on the webpage to move the cursor into position and then press the convenience key to continue the macro execution)
    NavClick;
    Key********; (The asterisks are actually my password of course)
    ENTERKey

Simple enough. Not fully automated (due to me not knowing how to get the cursor to NavMove automatically into the webpage's password field) but good enough for now.

The strange part is that once I tied the shortcut's execution into an NFC tag (via NFC_Shortcuts) the macro refuses to pick up and complete after the 'Suspend' / convenience key click.
    I can't figure out how triggering the shortcut via an NFC tag has changed the way the shortcut's macro behaves.
    I'd love to hear anyone's thoughts on this if you see the problem.
    04-20-12 12:06 PM
    I have a browser shortcut configured on my 9930 which opens the browser to a specific webmail page, suspends (giving me time to manually tap-select into the page's password field), and then keys in my password after I press the convenience key to resume from the suspend:

Macros:
    Suspend; (this is where I touch the password field on the webpage to move the cursor into position and then press the convenience key to continue the macro execution)
    NavClick;
    Key********; (The asterisks are actually my password of course)
    ENTERKey

Simple enough. Not fully automated (due to me not knowing how to get the cursor to NavMove automatically into the webpage's password field) but good enough for now.

The strange part is that once I tied the shortcut's execution into an NFC tag (via NFC_Shortcuts) the macro refuses to pick up and complete after the 'Suspend' / convenience key click.
    I can't figure out how triggering the shortcut via an NFC tag has changed the way the shortcut's macro behaves.
    I'd love to hear anyone's thoughts on this if you see the problem.
    Ok, so, first off I'm not a developer at all. But I'm going to give you my best guess here.

The way suspend works in a macro triggered the "normal" way, is it's called by user interaction right. The user launching SCM and then launching it again. But in the case of NFCShortcuts, it's suspended until NFCShortcuts launches it again. I've tested this, and if you tap your phone to the NFC tag again, the macro will carry on from after the suspend.

I'm going to try to figure a workaround for this, but might just have to use a delay instead. I'll report back later today with my success or fail.

edit 1
    also, if when doing your macro. If you don't want to store your password in plaintext click the "Macro Editor" button, then instead of
    Key
    use
    PasswordKey
    then press the menu key and "encrypt passwords"

NOTE: due to a problem in the BlackBerry OS, this does NOT work for 10 digit numerical passwords. 11 digits is fine, 9 digits is fine, but 10 is not.
    Last edited by Juggalo20; 04-20-12 at 02:32 PM.
    MisterShark likes this.
    04-20-12 02:25 PM
    Ok, so, first off I'm not a developer at all. But I'm going to give you my best guess here.

The way suspend works in a macro triggered the "normal" way, is it's called by user interaction right. The user launching SCM and then launching it again. But in the case of NFCShortcuts, it's suspended until NFCShortcuts launches it again. I've tested this, and if you tap your phone to the NFC tag again, the macro will carry on from after the suspend.

I'm going to try to figure a workaround for this, but might just have to use a delay instead. I'll report back later today with my success or fail.

edit 1
    also, if when doing your macro. If you don't want to store your password in plaintext click the "Macro Editor" button, then instead of
    Key
    use
    PasswordKey
    then press the menu key and "encrypt passwords"

NOTE: due to a problem in the BlackBerry OS, this does NOT work for 10 digit numerical passwords. 11 digits is fine, 9 digits is fine, but 10 is not.
    Excellent!
    Thanks for your reply and the extra password privacy tips as well: I used the encryption for my password.
    Last edited by MisterShark; 04-20-12 at 02:58 PM.
    04-20-12 02:49 PM
    Sorry for the delay here MisterShark, I've run into some problems upgrading my OS to a shrinked 7.1.0.402...
    04-21-12 04:31 PM
    I want to use shortcuts to items SMS And MMS (Not Messages). please help me!

I use shortcutme and MyownIcon

Blackberry 8900, Os5
    04-22-12 02:07 AM
1,385 ... 4748495051 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD