Hi Vijik,

Sorry I said it was working but it isn't really. When I have the delay inbetween the esckey and *key0000, the manage connections page kinda of freezes for the time that was specified in the delay. If it's possible, I need to tick bluetooth and escape out to homepage, then wait for the passcode prompt and enter 0000 and click OK.
    Try this shortcut instead:

AppName: Macro

Macros:
    LaunchAndWait Manage Connections;
    MenuItemFromTop 4; /* Replacing NavMoveDown 3; */
    NavClick;
    Launch Home Screen;
    Delay4000;
    *Key0000;
    ENTERKey;
    james2k8 likes this.
    04-01-12 07:06 AM
    Can you explain what that key macro is please?

Messages app remembers the last screen it was on before.
    For example if Messages app is on "SMS Messages" (Only showing SMS messages) when you close it or bring another app to foreground, then next time Messages app gets opened, it will open in "SMS Message".

To make sure that your macro runs on the default page of Messages, run "*KeyM;" after opening Messages app:

LaunchAndWait Messages;
    *KeyM;
    MENUkey;
    MenuItemFromBottom12;
    Delay5;
    NavClick;
    Delay 50;
    MenuItemFromBottom2;
    NavClick;
    Delay 50;
    NavMoveDown1;
    NavClick;
    Stop;
    04-01-12 08:06 AM
    Can you explain what that key macro is please?
    'Key' macro enters anything you put in front of it.
    For example:
    KeyHello World;
    will enter
    H e l l o W o r l d
    keys.

The * in front of it will use an alternative key simulation, somerthing that is necessary if 'key' macro doesn't simulate a key in a screen (for some reason some screens/apps accept 'Key' macro while others need '*Key' for key simulation).
    Last edited by Vijik; 04-02-12 at 09:46 PM.
    04-02-12 07:59 AM
    I need to bring up games_page, which app name do I use?

Thanks.
    04-02-12 08:16 PM
    Thank you so much. Whoever you are, you are a complete and utter genius. May your every wish come true.
    04-03-12 06:34 AM
    Try:

If0 IsAppRunning MediaCommon;
    Then0;
    *** do your appropriate action here ***
    Else0;
    *** do other appropriate action here ***
    EndIf0;

(in os 6 pictures are 'MediaCommon' - may be different for os 7)

Hope this helps
    I tried this on a BB8820 using os4.5 (and app name Media rather than MediaCommon) and it worked perfectly.

However, I'm trying to do the same on a Curve 8520 using os5, and nothing happens when I test it. Nothing at all. I stripped back everything but I can't even get the Media Icon to launch, because I can't find the right module name.

So what I'm really asking is this: which particular app module do I need to enter in order to launch the media icon, when making a macro on a Curve 8520 running os5?
    04-03-12 09:37 AM
    I tried this on a BB8820 using os4.5 (and app name Media rather than MediaCommon) and it worked perfectly.

However, I'm trying to do the same on a Curve 8520 using os5, and nothing happens when I test it. Nothing at all. I stripped back everything but I can't even get the Media Icon to launch, because I can't find the right module name.

So what I'm really asking is this: which particular app module do I need to enter in order to launch the media icon, when making a macro on a Curve 8520 running os5?
    1. Run the app in question in the foreground
    2. Run the SCM code below from within SCM from "Test-Run This Shortcut"
    App.Name Macro
    Show GetForeground;

This will show you the App Name of the application running in the foreground.
    04-03-12 04:16 PM
    1. Run the app in question in the foreground
    2. Run the SCM code below from within SCM from "Test-Run This Shortcut"
    App.Name Macro
    Show GetForeground;

This will show you the App Name of the application running in the foreground.
    Thanks. It didn't work, but I found another way to find the name of the App, which is MediaExplorer. Oddly however, the macro now doesn't work.

It looks like this

If0 IsAppRunning MediaExplorer;
    Then0;
    LaunchMediaExplorer;
    Else0;
    LaunchMediaExplorer;NavMoveRight2;NavClick;NavMove Down1;NavClick;NavClick;
    EndIf0;

The first time I run it, when MediaExplorer is not running, it works fine, but every subsequent time, with MediaExplorer now running in the background, the macro ignores this, launches MediaExplorer (which immediately launches on the correct screen, so it clearly IS running in the background) and then executes the NavMoves and Clicks that I only need it to do the first time.

I know I'm doing something wrong, but I can't work out what it is.
    04-04-12 10:42 AM
    Thanks. It didn't work, but I found another way to find the name of the App, which is MediaExplorer. Oddly however, the macro now doesn't work.

It looks like this

Then0;
    LaunchMediaExplorer;
    Else0;
    EndIf0;

The first time I run it, when MediaExplorer is not running, it works fine, but every subsequent time, with MediaExplorer now running in the background, the macro ignores this, launches MediaExplorer (which immediately launches on the correct screen, so it clearly IS running in the background) and then executes the NavMoves and Clicks that I only need it to do the first time.

I know I'm doing something wrong, but I can't work out what it is.

Not sure what you are trying to do .... Is this still the situation where you want to open a file folder?

If so .... then try:

LaunchMediaExplorer;
    MenuItemFromTop3;
    MENUKey;
    *Keye;
    NavClick;

Note: NOT my code... But it DOES work!

This will get you there and then you can expand on it to drill down to the specific folder you want.
    04-04-12 05:15 PM
    Not sure what you are trying to do .... Is this still the situation where you want to open a file folder?
    Sorry for adding layers of confusion - and your advice is enormously useful.

This might take a minute to explain. Please bear with me.

The situation is that I'm using ShortCutMe and MyOwnIcons together, so I have made an icon on the home screen called "photos" which, whenever it is launched, opens the folder Media/Pictures/photos so I can see the photos in this file in thumbnail form, exactly as if I drilled down to it specifically.

The macro in its initial form literally did the following: launches Media, scrolls along to the right till it says pictures, selects that, then selects my pictures, then selects the folder called photos.

None of that is complicated in the least. I set it up as a macro on an 8820 running 4.5 - but I realised that if I pressed the 'end call' button, Media would still be running in the background. So if I pressed the icon again, Media would launch already at the photo thumbnail page, and then the macro would run the same actions, scrolling to the right, selecting, selecting and selecting, which because of the menu options ends up with me looking at the corner of the third photo blown up to 200% zoom. Which is not what I want at all.

Bear with me, I promise it'll make sense.

So, what I wanted was to write a macro that did all of those actions but ONLY if Media was NOT running in the background, and if it WAS running in the background, then pressing the icon again would only launch Media and do nothing else, given that I would already be looking at the screen I wanted, ie the thumbnails of this folder called 'photo'.

When I did this on the 8820 running 4.5, it worked. I made the IF ELSE argument so that, if Media wasn't running, it launched Media and drilled down to the right folder automatically, and if Media WAS running, it just launched Media and left it like that.

The problem is, despite using identical logic, it doesn't work when I try it on an 8520 running 5.0, and I don't know why. When I test

Then0;
    LaunchMediaExplorer;
    Else0;
    EndIf0;

it ALWAYS acts as if MediaExplorer is not running, even when it is, and therefore launches MediaExplorer (which is already at the thumbnails for the 'photos' folder) and executes all the other actions as well.

It doesn't make sense, because it should be able to recognise that MediaExplorer is already running, yet it can't, which makes the icon called 'photos' useless as a shortcut to this specific folder.

Does that make sense (I really hope so...)
    04-05-12 09:55 AM
    Sorry for adding layers of confusion - and your advice is enormously useful.

This might take a minute to explain. Please bear with me.

***************** text removed for brevity ******************

Does that make sense (I really hope so...)
    Yes, I now follow you and can help you with a simple solution:

1. MediaExplorer is simply a 'vehicle' used to get you to the photo files

2. Once you display a photo, MediaExplorer has gone south! It has turned the display job over to MediaCommon

3. So you were hunting the wrong critter

4. If your photo is in the background, you need to bring MediaCommon
    to the foreground ............. NOT MediaExplorer

This should solve the issue for you.

Best wishes.
    04-05-12 02:39 PM
    since 4G reception at my mom's is terrible (but she has Wi-Fi), I created a macro to switch GSM off and WiFi on (or the other way around). I programmed it so that the macro won't work if, by mistake, I left both GSM and Wi-Fi simultaneously on or off.

appname: macro
    shortcut: RWX (stands for Radio or WiFi Toggle - Complex)
    macro:

if0 isradioon == true; then0; if1 iswifion == true; then1; stop;
    else1; launch radio_off; launch wifi_on;

else0; if1 iswifion != true; then1; stop;
    else1; launch radio_on; launch wifi_off;
    endif1;
    endif0;

all I have to do is program it to a NFC tag and place it somewhere by the door.
    04-12-12 03:37 AM
    since 4G reception at my mom's is terrible (but she has Wi-Fi), I created a macro to switch GSM off and WiFi on (or the other way around). I programmed it so that the macro won't work if, by mistake, I left both GSM and Wi-Fi simultaneously on or off.

appname: macro
    shortcut: RWX (stands for Radio or WiFi Toggle - Complex)
    macro:

if0 isradioon == true; then0; if1 iswifion == true; then1; stop;
    else1; launch radio_off; launch wifi_on;

else0; if1 iswifion != true; then1; stop;
    else1; launch radio_on; launch wifi_off;
    endif1;
    endif0;

all I have to do is program it to a NFC tag and place it somewhere by the door.
    Does that actually work 100% correctly? Multiple Else1's is pretty bad form. Not trying to be mean, just a suggestion. My suggestion is to use ElseIf's for matching scenarios. Here's what I whipped up real quick. Only tested each scenario once, but included an error message...

If the radio is on and wifi is on: it does nothing
    If the radio is off and wifi is off: it does nothing
    If the radio is on and wifi is off: turns off the radio and turns on wifi
    If the radio is off and wifi is on: turns on the radio and turns off wifi

If0 IsRadioOn && IsWifiOn;
    Then0;
    Stop;
    Elseif0 !IsRadioOn && !IsWifiOn;
    Stop;
    ElseIf0 IsRadioOn && !IsWifiOn;
    Launch Radio_Off;
    Launch WiFi_On;
    Elseif0 !IsRadioOn && IsWifiOn;
    Launch Radio_On;
    Launch WiFi_Off;
    Else0;
    Show Something is broken;
    EndIf0;
    Last edited by Juggalo20; 04-12-12 at 03:54 AM.
    04-12-12 03:52 AM
    Does that actually work 100% correctly? Multiple Else1's is pretty bad form. Not trying to be mean, just a suggestion. My suggestion is to use ElseIf's for matching scenarios. Here's what I whipped up real quick. Only tested each scenario once, but included an error message...

If the radio is on and wifi is on: it does nothing
    If the radio is off and wifi is off: it does nothing
    If the radio is on and wifi is off: turns off the radio and turns on wifi
    If the radio is off and wifi is on: turns on the radio and turns off wifi

If0 IsRadioOn && IsWifiOn;
    Then0;
    Stop;
    Elseif0 !IsRadioOn && !IsWifiOn;
    Stop;
    ElseIf0 IsRadioOn && !IsWifiOn;
    Launch Radio_Off;
    Launch WiFi_On;
    Elseif0 !IsRadioOn && IsWifiOn;
    Launch Radio_On;
    Launch WiFi_Off;
    Else0;
    Show Something is broken;
    EndIf0;
    yep, it does work, both when tested on ShortcutMe and by tapping a NFC tag (programmed the macro to the tag using NFCLauncher).

both wifi & gsm on (or off): does nothing
    wifi on, gsm off: switches wifi off & gsm on
    wifi off, gsm on: switches wifi on & gsm off

I haven't put much thought into my code though; it's just what came across my mind at lunchtime lol

will try using your code and see how it does!
    (PS: I never knew ShortcutMe accepts AND operator (&&)! wonder if it accepts OR operator (||) as well?)
    04-12-12 04:49 AM
    yep, it does work, both when tested on ShortcutMe and by tapping a NFC tag (programmed the macro to the tag using NFCLauncher).

both wifi & gsm on (or off): does nothing
    wifi on, gsm off: switches wifi off & gsm on
    wifi off, gsm on: switches wifi on & gsm off

I haven't put much thought into my code though; it's just what came across my mind at lunchtime lol

will try using your code and see how it does!
    (PS: I never knew ShortcutMe accepts AND operator (&&)! wonder if it accepts OR operator (||) as well?)
    Yup, it also supports || for or. Note that you can only use one && or || though, as in

If0 test1 && test2;
    Will work, but
    If0 test1 && test2 && test3;
    Will not. If you get what I mean.
    dhaninugraha likes this.
    04-12-12 05:45 AM
    Hi all

Hoping someone can help; coz I'm not too great at this...

When I launch BB App World, I would like my device to switch to 3G and 2G
    When I launch BB App World, I would like my device to switch WiFi on
    When App World is closed, I would like my device to revert to 2G
    When App World is closed, I would like my device to switch WiFi off

Unfortunately; I really have no idea how to achieve this.

Can someone please help....

Thanks
    04-13-12 07:58 AM
    Can anyone help me with improving this macro (if possible)?

Macro to manage connections:
    MenuItemFromTop 4;NavClick;Launch home screen;Delay10000;*Key0000;ENTERKey;

The only issue I have with this is that Manage Connections is still running in the background. I want to manage connections to be closed when key 0000 is entered.

Thanks.
    04-13-12 09:32 AM
    Hi all

Hoping someone can help; coz I'm not too great at this...

When I launch BB App World, I would like my device to switch to 3G and 2G
    When I launch BB App World, I would like my device to switch WiFi on
    When App World is closed, I would like my device to revert to 2G
    When App World is closed, I would like my device to switch WiFi off

Unfortunately; I really have no idea how to achieve this.

Can someone please help....

Thanks
    One solution for the first one in your list is (if you have ShortcutMe 6 running on a BB with OS 7+):

1-Create a Shortcut like this:
    AppName: Macro
    Shortcutkeys: APW
    Macros: LaunchModuleAndWait net_rim_bb_appworld,#;

2- Create a shortcut like this:
    AppName: SwitchTo_3G&2G
    ShortcutKeys: STT

3- Create a shortcut like this:
    AppName: CascadedShortcuts
    Parameter: APW;STT;
    ShortcutKeys:ATT

Now everytime you start ShortcutMe and enter ATT, ShortcutMe will open App World and then switch to 3G&2G.
    04-13-12 11:45 AM
    That's great... thanks.

One questions - can you do this for OS6 - I don't have OS7
    04-13-12 02:15 PM
    That's great... thanks.

04-13-12 02:16 PM
    So I'm trying to create a macro for Wi-Fi calling on and off. My issue is if Wi-Fi is already on : is there any way it can check and then execute NavClick if its not ON and dismiss NavClick if Wi Fi is already on !!
    04-13-12 04:24 PM
    So I'm trying to create a macro for Wi-Fi calling on and off. My issue is if Wi-Fi is already on : is there any way it can check and then execute NavClick if its not ON and dismiss NavClick if Wi Fi is already on !!
    ok, here's JUST what you asked for. If wifi is NOT on it will navclick, if wifi IS on it will do nothing

If0 !IsWiFiOn;
    Then0;
    NavClick;
    Else0;
    Delay1;
    EndIf0;

I used a delay rather than stop so it wouldnt break anything else you were trying to do. If you want to post the whole macro/situation you're working with (i dont know what wifi calling is) I can try to streamline it and tweak the whole thing if you like.
    04-13-12 05:10 PM
    That's great... thanks.

What version of ShortcutMe do you have (SCM>BB Key>About)?
    04-13-12 05:24 PM
    That didn't worked
    So here it is :
    LaunchAndWait Manage Connections;NavMoveDown1;NavClick;Delay300;NavMove Down5;NavClick;NavClick;NavMoveDown2;NavClick;Menu ItemFromTop3;NavClick;ESCKey;ESCKey;ESCKey;ESCKey
    I'm using Bold 9900 with OS 7.1 with WiFi hotspot option .

WiFi calling is UMA calling, so basically I'm switching between Mobile Network preferred & WiFi Calling preferred ..
    Last edited by jasmeet9sb; 04-13-12 at 05:36 PM.
    04-13-12 05:33 PM
    That didn't worked
    So here it is :

I'm using Bold 9900 with OS 7.1 with WiFi hotspot option .

WiFi calling is UMA calling, so basically I'm switching between Mobile Network preferred & WiFi Calling preferred ..
    Ok so I ran your macro to see what it was doing, and ... well whatever option you have in Mobile Network options where it clicks "Mobile Network: Carrier name" i don't . :\ which makes this kinda hard to add as much as I'd like to. But here's what I've got and how it works.

I didn't change really anything, except if wifi is already on, it will be left on. If wifi is off, it'll be turned on.

LaunchAndWait Manage Connections;
    NavMoveDown1;
    If0 IsWifiOn;
    Then0;
    Delay1;
    Else0;
    NavClick;
    EndIf0;
    Delay300;
    NavMoveDown5;
    NavClick;
    NavClick;