Shortcut to put all alerts off:

App Name: Profiles

Macros:
    Delay200;
    *KeyA;
    ENTERKey;
    03-19-12 09:46 PM
    @ Maiev,

Your 2G macro does work if you replace one 'ENTERKey' with 'NavClick' (NavClick always opens a drop down menu while ENTER Key opens some of them):

App Name: Manage Connection

Macros:
    MenuItemFromTop7;
    Enterkey;
    Enterkey;
    MenuItemFromTop5;
    NavClick; /* Replacing Enterkey */
    MenuItemFromTop2;
    Enterkey;
    Esckey;
    Esckey;
    Esckey;

If you see that your macro doesn't always do its job correctly, add delays (Delay 50) after each macro that clicks a key and causes BB OS (with its relatively slow java based UI) to switch screen.
    03-19-12 10:11 PM
    DUDE, you're the best

I'd love to master this XD haha, I'd impress my IT buddies with my NFC tags + this... haha maybe I'd get more blackberry tickets to support these LOL
    03-20-12 07:39 PM
    Thanks

I have had a go and come up with the below - with media pictures being the app name and SS being a folder i purposely created to house the images i want to display. I will update the delay to be around 30 mins once i have it working... This issue i am having is

show $right; is shoing up a number 3 for example...
    but
    NavMoveRight$right; is only moving 1

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Also have not figured out how i can stop the macro from running if i need to mid delay...

Keyss
    ;navclick;
    Set $Time=GetBatteryLevel;
    div $time , 20;
    set $right=$$result;
    show $right;
    NavMoveRight$right;
    navmovedown1;
    NavClick;Delay5;MENUKey;MenuItemFromBottom1;NavCli ck;
    Set $Time=Getday;
    div $time , 6;
    set $left=$$result;
    show $left;
    NavMoveleft$left;
    NavMovedown1;

Set $Time=GetBatteryLevel;
    div $time , 20;
    set $right=$$result;
    show $right;
    NavMoveRight$right;
    navmoveup1;
    NavClick;Delay5;MENUKey;MenuItemFromBottom1;NavCli ck;
    Set $Time=Getday;
    div $time , 6;
    set $left=$$result;
    show $left;
    NavMoveleft$left;
    NavMoveup1;
    NavClick;
    03-21-12 06:04 AM
    DUDE, you're the best

I'd love to master this XD haha, I'd impress my IT buddies with my NFC tags + this... haha maybe I'd get more blackberry tickets to support these LOL

Yes, NFC, NFCShortcuts and ShortcutMe macros can easily impress people around you, and the nice thing about it is that it is your own macros, so you can easily take most of the credit for having the good impression on others!
    03-21-12 07:55 AM
    @paulsdv,

Glad to see that your macro is getting close to be finished.

If "Show $right;" shows 3 but "NavMoveRight $right;" doesn't move the cursor 3 times to right, it means that ShortcutMe does its job by simulating 3 right navigation movement, but the program (Media app in this case) ignores 2 quick movements after the first movement.

For those programs (like Media App), try this instead:

NavMoveRight 1;
    Delay 50;
    NavMoveRight 1;
    Delay 50;
    NavMoveRight 1;

Or use this one in your macro:

While2 $right>0;
    Do2;
    NavMoveRight 1;
    Delay 50;
    Dec $right;
    Endwhile2;
    Last edited by Vijik; 03-21-12 at 08:14 AM.
    03-21-12 08:11 AM
    @Vijik

Makes sense, thank you - let me give it a go...

Any insight into how to stop a macro mid flow?
    03-21-12 08:16 AM
    @Vijik

Makes sense, thank you - let me give it a go...

Any insight into how to stop a macro mid flow?
    MediaKeyBooster application (unfortunately a paid app) is able to detect all media key (Volume, Mute, etc) events.
    If you have the app and set for example 2xMuteKey to ShortcutMe/stopmacro, then any time you click the mute key twice it will stop the macro engine in ShortcutMe.

ShortcutMe itself can't detect keys because it has to run in the background when it runs your macros.
    03-21-12 08:30 AM
    excellent - the code you gave me works a treat

While2 $right>0;
    Do2;
    NavMoveRight 1;
    Delay 50;
    Dec $right;
    Endwhile2;

i have already have nfclauncher, i will programme a tag to trigger that macro - will let you know how it goes...
    03-21-12 08:36 AM
    how much delay do i need for 30mins?
    03-21-12 08:40 AM
    MediaKeyBooster application (unfortunately a paid app) is able to detect all media key (Volume, Mute, etc) events.
    If you have the app and set for example 2xMuteKey to ShortcutMe/stopmacro, then any time you click the mute key twice it will stop the macro engine in ShortcutMe.

ShortcutMe itself can't detect keys because it has to run in the background when it runs your macros.
    doesn't stop need to be in the same shortcut? running it in a new shortcut, will that stop the other running macro too?
    03-21-12 08:55 AM
    how much delay do i need for 30mins?
    The parameter for 'Delay' macro is in mili seconds.

So 30 mins should be 30*60*1000: 3600000
    But let me check the source code (later on when I am back behind my work PC) and see if the 'delay' macro can accept that big a number.
    If not (if I have used Integer as parameter type for 'delay'), then you need to have a several Delay macros or a While-loop containing 'Delay' macro with smaller parameter (less then maximum integer number).
    I will get back to you on this.
    03-21-12 09:12 AM
    doesn't stop need to be in the same shortcut? running it in a new shortcut, will that stop the other running macro too?
    I am not sure if I understand your question.
    I try to answer what I think you mean.

When you run 'stopmacro' from MediaKeyBooster, whatever macro ShortcutMe is running will stop. You don't need to have a "Stop" macro in your macros for that.
    03-21-12 09:17 AM
    thats exactly what i meant...

so i created a new shortcut
    App name : macro

Macros:
    Stop:

i linked a nfc tag to run it...

i run my slideshow macro, touch the tag, feel it vibrate but it does not seem to stop the macro...

hmmmm....
    03-21-12 09:52 AM
    Set a NFC tag in NFCShortcuts to launch this:

Launch: ShortcutMe

Parameter: stopmacro

When you tap that NFC tag, NFCShortcut will stop the macro shortcut in ShortcutMe.
    03-21-12 10:25 AM
    Set a NFC tag in NFCShortcuts to launch this:

Launch: ShortcutMe

Parameter: stopmacro

When you tap that NFC tag, NFCShortcut will stop the macro shortcut in ShortcutMe.
    works perfectly!
    03-21-12 12:05 PM
    works perfectly!
    Good

So, you plan to have a macro shortcut that runs a slide show of the pictures (with customizable pause time on each picture) when the device is getting charged in the charging pod?
    03-21-12 01:22 PM
    Good

So, you plan to have a macro shortcut that runs a slide show of the pictures (with customizable pause time on each picture) when the device is getting charged in the charging pod?
    Yes, that's the plan, I charge my phone all day in a pod on my desk, would like to take advantage of this time...
    so far so good...
    Need to still play around with the stop macro, tapping the nfc tag works but its a bit messy having to back back back to homescreen each time a new notification comes in... Wonder if I can get that to also clear all screens back to homescreen? Also still have to play with the delays to see if 30 mins work... And also still not sure if my backlighton will do what I want it to...
    But getting there... It is only because I got tired of waiting for jarrod to add one small feature to their app...
    Any idea of whether having the same image on the screen for 30 mins at a time will burn the screen?
    03-21-12 01:47 PM
    Clicking Esc key several time after a macro interruption is not very big deal, but I just added this to my todo list:
    "After a macro shortcut is interrupted by NFCShortcuts or MediaKeyBooster pop up a window asking if user wants to simulate 5 Esc Key clicks and bringing up BB Home Screen."

BB screens are LCD screens. As far as I know LCDs don't have Burn In effects like Plasma technology.
    You can however, get your macro to turn off backlight for 2 seconds each minute to give the LCD a breathing room.
    Macros you can use are "BackLightOff", "BackLightOn".
    03-21-12 02:04 PM
    Agreed, not a major issue, guess it depends on how often I get a flashing red light that update would be good!

Backlighton and backlightoff, how long do they last for?

Any update on max delay I can use?

Will post final code once complete...
    03-21-12 02:11 PM
    "BacklightOn" and "BacklightOff" will last until something else on your BB changes the backlight status.
    But since you are running macro, you should be able to override everything else by keep running those 2 macros very often.

You are fine to have 30 minutes delay using Delay macro:

Delay 1800000; /* Works fine */
    03-21-12 04:01 PM
    @ Maiev,

Your 2G macro does work if you replace one 'ENTERKey' with 'NavClick' (NavClick always opens a drop down menu while ENTER Key opens some of them):

App Name: Manage Connection

Macros:
    MenuItemFromTop7;
    Enterkey;
    Enterkey;
    MenuItemFromTop5;
    NavClick; /* Replacing Enterkey */
    MenuItemFromTop2;
    Enterkey;
    Esckey;
    Esckey;
    Esckey;

If you see that your macro doesn't always do its job correctly, add delays (Delay 50) after each macro that clicks a key and causes BB OS (with its relatively slow java based UI) to switch screen.
    Hay,

Thank you for your time

Now one question, did I miss out something or all the stuff above can be created as an icon/shortcut so NFC Shortcut can take advantage of that? :O!

Thanks!
    03-21-12 09:17 PM
    Hay,

Thank you for your time

Now one question, did I miss out something or all the stuff above can be created as an icon/shortcut so NFC Shortcut can take advantage of that? :O!

Thanks!
    Any shortcut (with or without macro) can be launched from NFCShortcuts, MediaKeyBooster, MyOwnIcons, MyOwnHotKeys, and other apps I have.

All you need to do in those apps is to get them to launch ShortcutMe with parameter = shortcuts keys for your shortcut in ShortcutMe.
    03-21-12 10:03 PM
    "BacklightOn" and "BacklightOff" will last until something else on your BB changes the backlight status.
    But since you are running macro, you should be able to override everything else by keep running those 2 macros very often.

You are fine to have 30 minutes delay using Delay macro:

Delay 1800000; /* Works fine */
    The delay works perfectly, sadly though the stopmacro nfc does not stop the macro while it is in delay... It works during other bits of the macro... Any other clever ideas to stop the macro mid delay or an alternative for the long delay needed?
    03-22-12 04:34 AM
    The delay works perfectly, sadly though the stopmacro nfc does not stop the macro while it is in delay... It works during other bits of the macro... Any other clever ideas to stop the macro mid delay or an alternative for the long delay needed?
    You are right.
    ShortcutMe checks for "stopmacro" message each time it reads a new macro command in your macro shortcut.
    So after it starts "Delay 1800000" (30 min delay) it doesn't check for that message in 30 minutes.

Try this instead of "Delay 1800000":

Set $DelayCounter = 1800;
    While3 $DelayCounter > 0;
    Do3;
    Delay 1000;
    Dec $DelayCounter;
    EndWhile3;
    03-22-12 04:53 AM
1,385 ... 4344454647 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD