HEllo Again! Me again. I set up a macro to turn on bluetooth and blackberrybridge. I have the set up of:

appname: macro
    shortcut keys: tbt
    macros:
    launchandwait manage connections;
    navemovedown 2;
    havclick;
    delay 200;
    esckey;

another macro:
    app name: macro
    macros;
    if0 isbton;
    then0;
    launchblackberrybridge;
    else0;
    importmacro tbt;
    launchblackberrybridge;
    endif0;

When click the shortcut, it ask me to turn on bluetooth: then I choose yes: then blackberry bridge app comes on and I need to choose "on" when it is off. after that, I need to choose my playbook to connect.

How do I do all of these action in ONE shortcut? I want to have bluetooth on when off, I want to lauch blackberry bridge when off to on and then connect to the playbook all in one shot?
    If seems as though I have to choose everyone to on but the application do come up. I just want to make it easier for me.

I have the bold 9900 and running the lastest version of shortcutme.

Thanks for any help.
    01-17-12 02:48 PM
    You can assign conv key to 3 apps, or functions, or macro shortcuts, by

Going to SCM>MenuKey>MultiClick View, highlight 2xRC, 3xRC, 4xRC and hit MenuKey and select Edit.
    No way to assign app on volume button ?
    01-17-12 04:44 PM
    No way to assign app on volume button ?
    If you use MediaKeyBooster, it allows you to assign each media key to 4 apps, tasks, or (macro) shortcut in ShortcutMe.

MediaKeyBooster allow you to set up a secret media key click sequence that will unlcok your BB (by running an auto unlock shortcut in ShortcutMe that will open unlock screen, enter your Password and hit the Enter key).

For example VolumeUp-VolumeDown-VolumeDown-MuteKey can unlock your BB.
    01-17-12 05:19 PM
    @Whataday, your question regarding 'IsBtON' has been answered several times by Juggalo in varoius threads.

Macro for toggling Bridge + BT has also been written by someone.
    Hopefully they will chime in with their macro.
    01-17-12 05:24 PM
    @Whataday, your question regarding 'IsBtON' has been answered several times by Juggalo in varoius threads.

IsBTOn operates a little weird. The way RIM designed the API will cause the operating system to prompt the user each and everytime an application checks the bluetooth status (on/off) if bluetooth is off. It's annoying, but there's nothing anyone can do about it (except RIM).

I wrote a couple macros that will turn bluetooth on and off no matter what. You may get prompted, but your answer will not matter the macro will carry on. To the best of my recollection I've never done one that turns on bluetooth AND bridge. But I'll supply one now

This is written on 9900/7.1.0.190. It will not work as desired on os 7.0, 6.0 or anything else. If you are using an earlier OS you must change the red bolded text to suit the needs of your OS version.

Now, my method is to make single shortcuts (macros) that do only one thing. So I can import them as needed to accomplish other tasks.
    So, rather than re-write everything I have already, I'm just going to supply you with what I have, and how I make it all work.

This first macro will toggle bluetooth on/off. That's it.

App Name: Macro
    Shortcut Keys: BTT
    Macros:
    SetLedColor b;
    LedOn;
    LaunchAndWait Manage Connections;
    NavMoveDown3;
    NavClick;
    EscKey;
    LedOff;

This next one will make 100% bluetooth gets turned on. It checks if bluetooth is already on, if bluetooth is turned off you will be prompted. Your response to the prompt means nothing. Even if you choose "No" bluetooth will still be turned on.

Shortcut Keys: BON
    Macros:
    If0 IsBtOn;
    Then0;
    Delay1;
    Else0;
    ImportMacro BTT;
    EndIf0;

This last macro will use the above macros to make sure bluetooth gets turned on, and will also turn on BlackBerry Bridge. Set the shortcut keys to anything you wish.
    Macros:
    ImportMacro BON;
    Delay200;
    LaunchAndWait BlackberryBridge;
    NavClick;
    MenuItemFromTop1;
    NavClick;
    EscKey;

It's entirely possible to put allll of this into a single macro. But I like having BTT and BON separate so I can include them in other things easily. Like turning Bridge on for example.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Juggalo20; 01-17-12 at 11:54 PM.
    01-17-12 11:52 PM

Thank You Vijik. I am just trying to understand this concept. I have seen other quotes and do not really understand "if" "then", and "else" statements. When I do set a macro, I try to understand each line and hope to do my own macros. Thanks for your input. I have gone back to the 66 pages and found more information. Thank You.'
    01-18-12 12:11 AM
    IsBTOn operates a little weird. The way RIM designed the API will cause the operating system to prompt the user each and everytime an application checks the bluetooth status (on/off) if bluetooth is off. It's annoying, but there's nothing anyone can do about it (except RIM).

I wrote a couple macros that will turn bluetooth on and off no matter what. You may get prompted, but your answer will not matter the macro will carry on. To the best of my recollection I've never done one that turns on bluetooth AND bridge. But I'll supply one now

This is written on 9900/7.1.0.190. It will not work as desired on os 7.0, 6.0 or anything else. If you are using an earlier OS you must change the red bolded text to suit the needs of your OS version.

Now, my method is to make single shortcuts (macros) that do only one thing. So I can import them as needed to accomplish other tasks.
    So, rather than re-write everything I have already, I'm just going to supply you with what I have, and how I make it all work.

This first macro will toggle bluetooth on/off. That's it.

Shortcut Keys: BTT
    Macros:
    SetLedColor b;
    LedOn;
    LaunchAndWait Manage Connections;
    NavMoveDown3;
    NavClick;
    EscKey;
    LedOff;

This next one will make 100% bluetooth gets turned on. It checks if bluetooth is already on, if bluetooth is turned off you will be prompted. Your response to the prompt means nothing. Even if you choose "No" bluetooth will still be turned on.

Shortcut Keys: BON
    Macros:
    If0 IsBtOn;
    Then0;
    Delay1;
    Else0;
    ImportMacro BTT;
    EndIf0;

This last macro will use the above macros to make sure bluetooth gets turned on, and will also turn on BlackBerry Bridge. Set the shortcut keys to anything you wish.
    Macros:
    ImportMacro BON;
    Delay200;
    LaunchAndWait BlackberryBridge;
    NavClick;
    MenuItemFromTop1;
    NavClick;
    EscKey;

It's entirely possible to put allll of this into a single macro. But I like having BTT and BON separate so I can include them in other things easily. Like turning Bridge on for example.

Hello Juggalo20!

Thank you so much! I am going to work at this tonight. Also, I have the same phone you are doing these macros. Thank you so much!!
    01-18-12 12:14 AM
    Hello Juggalo20!

Thank you so much! I am going to work at this tonight. Also, I have the same phone you are doing these macros. Thank you so much!!
    Same phone is all well and good. But it's the OS version you need to watch out for. The addition of mobile hotspot really throws a wrench into things haha.
    01-18-12 12:26 AM
    Same phone is all well and good. But it's the OS version you need to watch out for. The addition of mobile hotspot really throws a wrench into things haha.
    Hello Juggalo20! Thanks for the headsup! I do have hotspot and I know what you mean by that. We do have the same version. LOL!
    01-18-12 12:28 AM
    Okay there!

I think I try to write a macro myself to turn-on gps:

I used 9900/7.1.0.190!!!!

One of my shortcuts created in ShortcutMe (5.9.5.1_OS7_T):

--AppName: Macro
    --Parameter:
    --Macros: LaunchAndWait Options;
    Delay100;
    NavMoveDown4;
    NavClick;
    NavMoveDown6;
    NavClick;
    NavMoveDown1;
    NavClick;
    MenuItemFromTop1;
    NavClick;
    ESCKey;
    ESCKey;
    ESCKey;
    --Display Name: gps on/off
    --Shortcut Chars: GPS

This is my first macro I have created myself to always turn on GPS!!!!
    Yeah!! Took me this entire weekend to figure out and with all the help of you guys here in the forum! gonna make some more!

Thanks All!
    01-18-12 01:22 AM
    Okay there!

I think I try to write a macro myself to turn-on gps:

I used 9900/7.1.0.190!!!!

One of my shortcuts created in ShortcutMe (5.9.5.1_OS7_T):

--AppName: Macro
    --Parameter:
    --Macros: LaunchAndWait Options;
    Delay100;
    NavMoveDown4;
    NavClick;
    NavMoveDown6;
    NavClick;
    NavMoveDown1;
    NavClick;
    MenuItemFromTop1;
    NavClick;
    ESCKey;
    ESCKey;
    ESCKey;
    --Display Name: gps on/off
    --Shortcut Chars: GPS

This is my first macro I have created myself to always turn on GPS!!!!
    Yeah!! Took me this entire weekend to figure out and with all the help of you guys here in the forum! gonna make some more!

Thanks All!
    Won't work. You forgot to account for the "Save Changes" Dialog. try this

Delay100;
    NavMoveDown4;
    NavClick;
    NavMoveDown6;
    NavClick;
    NavMoveDown1;
    NavClick;
    MenuItemFromTop1;
    NavClick;
    ESCKey;
    *keys;
    ESCKey;
    ESCKey;
    01-18-12 01:28 AM
    Won't work. You forgot to account for the "Save Changes" Dialog. try this

Delay100;
    NavMoveDown4;
    NavClick;
    NavMoveDown6;
    NavClick;
    NavMoveDown1;
    NavClick;
    MenuItemFromTop1;
    NavClick;
    ESCKey;
    *keys;
    ESCKey;
    ESCKey;

Hello Juggalo20!

What does "*keys" mean?
    I think that is why I missed it and did not know what to do. Thank You!
    01-18-12 01:39 AM
    Hello Juggalo20!

What does "*keys" mean?
    I think that is why I missed it and did not know what to do. Thank You!
    It will make the OS register that you hit the "s" key, in this case for "Save"
    Just as SCM can simulate EscKey, or NavClick it can simulate any key press, for typing stuff you can use
    KeyType A Message;

There's two different types of key presses though, well two types of injected key presses. So in SCM you have
    Key
    And
    *Key
    Available to you. Generally speaking *Key is for menus/dialogs/etc. As in the case for your macro, it represents the S hotkey for save.
    For actually typing things out say in a memo or whatever, Key will usually do the trick

01-18-12 01:45 AM
    It will make the OS register that you hit the "s" key, in this case for "Save"
    Just as SCM can simulate EscKey, or NavClick it can simulate any key press, for typing stuff you can use
    KeyType A Message;

There's two different types of key presses though, well two types of injected key presses. So in SCM you have
    Key
    And
    *Key
    Available to you. Generally speaking *Key is for menus/dialogs/etc. As in the case for your macro, it represents the S hotkey for save.
    For actually typing things out say in a memo or whatever, Key will usually do the trick

Hello Juggalo20!

Yes, Thanks for the information. it is so cool. How do we choose if there were three options after the first "esckey" programs. Is it always "save"? Now that I did my first almost right macro! LOL! Thank You.!!!

I gotta remember the *key and Key command means save with the pop-up menu.
    Thanks again!
    Last edited by whataday; 01-18-12 at 01:54 AM.
    01-18-12 01:50 AM
    Hello Juggalo20!

Yes, now I got it! it is so cool. I am going to try others now! Now that I did my first almost right macro! LOL! Thank You.!!!

I gotta remember the *key and Key command.

Thanks again!
    here, i totally spaced on this before.... read but PLEASE don't post in this thread
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...tcutme-637024/

I ask you not to post, because the more people post, the larger the thread becomes, and then it becomes like this thread.... 60+ pages of stuff that most people wont take the time to go through with 90% of the posts being meaningless 3 weeks after they're posted. Feel free to pop back here with any questions though.
    01-18-12 01:54 AM
    Hey guys - quick question here. I have two shortcuts, each one set up to open a different website. I tried running them with a cascade shortcut but all it does is open two tabs with what I have in the "parameter field" for the shortcut setup in the browser URL bar. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
    01-18-12 08:26 PM
    Hey guys - quick question here. I have two shortcuts, each one set up to open a different website. I tried running them with a cascade shortcut but all it does is open two tabs with what I have in the "parameter field" for the shortcut setup in the browser URL bar. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
    From what I can tell this is a bug. I can't get CascadedShortcuts to work for this either.
    use this instead of cascadedshortcuts

Macros:
    Launch Browser,http://www.hotmail.com;
    Delay50;
    Launch Browser,http://www.google.com;
    01-19-12 02:28 AM
    Awesome! Works perfectly - thanks a million!

Zachary Wickliffe
    01-19-12 06:11 AM
    Not sure if this is a ShortcutMe issue or not but I thought I would ask here first.

I have a macro that does a few things before I go out for a run. The last thing it does is launch the Endomondo app. The app launches but I get an "uncaught exception" error and it says the app is corrupt and I should re-install. I did that and I have the same problem. If I lauch the app on it's own it works fine. I also tried creating a shortcut that only lanuchethe app and it comes up with the same error.

Any ideas?
    01-19-12 09:51 AM
    Not sure if this is a ShortcutMe issue or not but I thought I would ask here first.

I have a macro that does a few things before I go out for a run. The last thing it does is launch the Endomondo app. The app launches but I get an "uncaught exception" error and it says the app is corrupt and I should re-install. I did that and I have the same problem. If I lauch the app on it's own it works fine. I also tried creating a shortcut that only lanuchethe app and it comes up with the same error.

Any ideas?
    I'd try the alternative launches. I've run into a few oddities that the launched app behaved weird, but alternative launch fixed.

If the app is free, I'll download and toy with it and see if i can get it working. If it's free just toss a link here.
    01-19-12 04:23 PM
    Hey everyone.

First off, I LOVE this app. Highly addictive... Once I get all my macros working correctly, I will post them here and share them with everyone.

In the meantime, I am having issues with a rather simple (or so I thought) macro. All I want to do is open Social Feeds, and then hit the 'refresh' option in the menu options.

This is what i have:

Launch Social Feeds;
    Delay200;
    MENUKey;
    Keyr;
    NavClick;
    ENDKey;

I tried this but the app will not open!!

Any ideas???
    01-19-12 04:47 PM
    Hey everyone.

First off, I LOVE this app. Highly addictive... Once I get all my macros working correctly, I will post them here and share them with everyone.

In the meantime, I am having issues with a rather simple (or so I thought) macro. All I want to do is open Social Feeds, and then hit the 'refresh' option in the menu options.

This is what i have:

Launch Social Feeds;
    Delay200;
    MENUKey;
    Keyr;
    NavClick;
    ENDKey;

I tried this but the app will not open!!

Any ideas???
    Try alternative launches

Launch Social Feeds*;

or

Launch Social Feeds#;

also, as an extra note, you'll probably have to use *key to navagate them menu. so try these two full macros instread. then Lemmie know if neither works

Launch Social Feeds*;
    Delay200;
    MENUKey;
    *Keyr;
    NavClick;
    ENDKey;

or

Launch Social Feeds#;
    Delay200;
    MENUKey;
    *Keyr;
    NavClick;
    ENDKey;
    01-19-12 04:50 PM
    Try alternative launches

Launch Social Feeds*;

or

Launch Social Feeds#;
    I tried both and the app STILL doesn't open. It's weird...and FRUSTRATING!!
    01-19-12 05:37 PM
    I tried both and the app STILL doesn't open. It's weird...and FRUSTRATING!!
    Welcome to dealing with apps released by RIM. They blocked input simulation in their facebook app, they blocked launching of Windows Live Messenger or Yahoo messenger unless the app is already open. Last I checked BBM Music had a block on it also. It's really not that weird to see an app from RIM have some sort of block/problem with using ShortcutMe. I'll download it and take a look though.
    quik4life likes this.
    01-19-12 06:04 PM
    Try

Launch Feeds;

And as Juggalo20 wrote sometimes (all depending on how BB OS behaves from one version to another) you need to use *Key instead of Key macro.

01-19-12 10:59 PM
1,385 ... 3940414243 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD