@d95gas, Also take a look at the thread below where each macro is explained. If something is missing there or is unclear let us know:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...tcutme-637024/
    01-07-12 12:53 PM
    Thanks to you both, that makes things a lot clearer. By the way just got to page 63 after sitting at the computer all day and playing.....My other jobs got totally forgotten about....what an awesome application you have here.

Thanks

Graeme
    01-07-12 01:52 PM
    Sunday morning breakfast and still playing with ShortCutMe :-)

Got one of those situations that is bugging the out of me. Phone is BB 8520 on OS: 5.0.0.1036

In Shortcutme I have mapped 2xS (Spacebar) to SCM Common config (does'nt really what it is) - The TEST works fine, but come out of SCM and go to home screen and double tap space, zilch :-( cannot seem to get anything to run from Spacebar shortcut.

Any advice, workaround.......or does it just not happen on this phone ?

Thanks

Graeme
    01-08-12 04:31 AM
    Sunday morning breakfast and still playing with ShortCutMe :-)

Got one of those situations that is bugging the out of me. Phone is BB 8520 on OS: 5.0.0.1036

In Shortcutme I have mapped 2xS (Spacebar) to SCM Common config (does'nt really what it is) - The TEST works fine, but come out of SCM and go to home screen and double tap space, zilch :-( cannot seem to get anything to run from Spacebar shortcut.

Any advice, workaround.......or does it just not happen on this phone ?

Thanks

Graeme
    Sounds like dial from homescreen is enabled. So now you must make a choice.
    You can either continue being able to dial phone numbers directly from your homescreen, or you can enable Homescreen Hotkeys.

With homescreen hotkeys, it allows things like.... If you press X, Windows Live Messenger will open, N is for BlackBerry Messenger, C is to compose an email, A is for address book, etc. Those are just some of the defaults though. ShortcutMe cannot bind to the space key unless you enable Homescreen Hotkeys.

You can do this by.... From your homescreen press the talk key, then menukey, they select options. Go into "General Options" and down to "Dial From Homescreen" and switch that to "No".

You can extend homescreen hotkey functionality with a little app called MyOwnIcons. It's also a Fonware app (ShortcutMe, MediaKeyBooster) so it has the ability to launch ShortcutMe macros directly from your homescreen with the single touch of a user defined key. It also creates an icon on your homescreen so you can just click it. There's a free version available in App World that'll give you a better idea of what I'm talking about
    Free: Free MyOwnIcons_Light - Download MyOwnIcons_Light - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World
    Paid: Buy MyOwnIcons - Download MyOwnIcons - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World

HOWEVER
    If you want to keep Dial From Homescreen enabled. It is still possible to launch your multiclick space bar shortcuts. This method is also useful for launching spacebar multiclick from screens other than the homescreen. Press the convenience key THEN press the space bar. Pressing the convenience key counts as 1 press of your multiclick though.

For example, to launch your 2xSpaceBar to launch common config, you would press the convenience key once, then the space bar once. If to launch a "3x Space bar" shortcut, you'd press the convenience key once, then space bar twice.

Hopefully this helped lol. If not lemmie know and I'll try to break it down a little better. ... it's 6am and I'm not quite fully awake yet
    01-08-12 06:06 AM
    Does anyone have a macro written to simulate a battery pull/hard reset.
    I get the MicroSD card error sending pics on whatsapp that only pulling the mSD card in and out seems to remedy. Its a hassle removing the batt cover on the 9860torch that I'd love to schedule a battpull/reset using a macro.

Be really interesting to see what you experts can come up with
    01-10-12 04:18 PM
    Does anyone have a macro written to simulate a battery pull/hard reset.
    I get the MicroSD card error sending pics on whatsapp that only pulling the mSD card in and out seems to remedy. Its a hassle removing the batt cover on the 9860torch that I'd love to schedule a battpull/reset using a macro.

Be really interesting to see what you experts can come up with
    I did stumble accross a method for this, gbsn expanded it. Now, before I post it. Know that there are a few of us who use it regularly with NO reported problems. There has be one person who claimed it nuked their device. But only one that I know of. And there's at least 3 of us using it regularly (I assume at least a few more who fount it in the forum.)

Anyways, sometimes you have to hit a button, like the EscKey to complete the process, but usually you don't.

While0 IsAppRunning Home Screen;
    Do0;
    BackLightOff;
    BackLightOff;
    BackLightOff;
    BackLightOff;
    BackLightOff;
    BackLightOff;
    BackLightOff;
    BackLightOff;
    BackLightOff;
    BackLightOff;
    BackLightOff;
    EndWhile0;
    01-10-12 04:29 PM
    Morning All

does anyone know what the macro commands need to be for the following >

i want to use the alt + caps + del reset mode on my 9900. It looks like you have to press and hold each button on order and not all at once to activate it.

tried a few things but no luck.

can anyone help
    01-14-12 06:30 PM
    Morning All

does anyone know what the macro commands need to be for the following >

i want to use the alt + caps + del reset mode on my 9900. It looks like you have to press and hold each button on order and not all at once to activate it.

tried a few things but no luck.

can anyone help
    Read the post directly above your's.
    01-14-12 06:34 PM
    A long standing issue with SCM has been the inability to launch Windows Live Messenger while it wasn't running in the background. This problem exists for Yahoo Messenger and Gtalk as well (fk you RIM).

I've finally got around to really think about this, and I've come up with a solution. This requires "Dial from Home Screen" be DISabled. On OS 6, 7.0 and 7.1 this can be done by going to your Home Screen, pess menu key, select Options. Choose "Application Shortcuts" from the Launch By Typing drop down menu. While I see no reason this shouldn't work in any SCM version, it was written and tested using. 5.9.5.1_OS7_T on 9900/7.1.0.190

To Launch WLM:
    App Name Macro
    Macros:
    Launch Home Screen;
    While0 !IsAppForeground Home Screen;
    Do0;
    Delay1;
    EndWhile0;
    *keyx;

Yahoo Messenger:
    Launch Home Screen;
    While0 !IsAppForeground Home Screen;
    Do0;
    Delay1;
    EndWhile0;
    *keyy;

I don't know the hotkey for Gtalk, just take a look at the above two and swap out the hotkey for whatever GTalk's is
    Last edited by Juggalo20; 01-14-12 at 10:08 PM. Reason: added SCM and OS version that this was written and tested on
    Vijik likes this.
    01-14-12 10:05 PM
    Read the post directly above your's.
    never saw that post, replied from earlier In
    The thread.

Thanks

Will give that a try.

Intravenously expelled from my BlackBerry 9900 using mindcontrol.
    01-15-12 07:15 AM

Anyways, sometimes you have to hit a button, like the EscKey to complete the process, but usually you don't.

While0 IsAppRunning Home Screen;

Do0;

BackLightOff;

BackLightOff;

BackLightOff;

BackLightOff;

BackLightOff;

BackLightOff;

BackLightOff;

BackLightOff;

BackLightOff;

BackLightOff;

BackLightOff;

EndWhile0;

tried this and it works a charm for me.

Thanks.

Intravenously expelled from my BlackBerry 9900 using mindcontrol.
    TomCanuck likes this.
    01-15-12 08:07 AM
    Why can't I assign app on side keys on my bold 9900 ?
    01-16-12 07:12 AM
    HEllo Everyone!

I am very new and I have been reading these 66 pages long and I am still not able to make macro shortcuts.

I am trying to do bridging and turn on bluetooth at the same time and I am not able to get it all going. Please help.

I have and have not been successfull:

>> Name:Macro
    >> Shortcut Keys: TBT
    >> Macros:
    >> LaunchAndWait Manage Connections;
    >> NavMoveDown 2;
    >> NavClick;
    >> Delay 200;
    >> EscKey;
    >>
    >> App Name: Macro
    >> Macros:
    >> If0 IsBtOn;
    >> Then0 ;
    >> LaunchBlackberryBridge;
    >> Else0;
    >> ImportMacro TBT;
    >> LaunchBlackberryBridge;
    >> EndIf0;

Also, do I have to write each command on each seperate lines or can I link them together?

I have not had one macro work for me yet!

Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by whataday; 01-16-12 at 11:06 AM. Reason: want to subscribe to this post
    01-16-12 11:00 AM
    Why can't I assign app on side keys on my bold 9900 ?
    You can assign conv key to 3 apps, or functions, or macro shortcuts, by

Going to SCM>MenuKey>MultiClick View, highlight 2xRC, 3xRC, 4xRC and hit MenuKey and select Edit.
    01-16-12 12:07 PM
    @whataday,

In a similar request you send to support few minutes ago, you don't have a space between "manage " and "connections".
    The appname is "Manage Connections". Even that SCM macro engine generally ignores spaces, you need to maintain the spaces in the app names.

If you try "LaunchAndWait ManageConnections;" (without space) LaunchAndWait will timeout (because there is no ManageConnections app) and you will get an error message saying that LaunchAndWait has timedout.
    01-16-12 12:16 PM
    thank You Vijik!!! I will try that! I think that is where my mistake is at. However, I had to manually input "manage connections". Is that correct? Or am I missing something that I am suppose to do to make it work?

Thanks!
    01-16-12 01:02 PM
    On a different note, is it important in "navmovedown", after that a number of space is required. Is this different for everyone? I know on my bb menu, is has apps and other apps listed. Would the number after "navmovedown" be different for everyone?
    01-16-12 01:05 PM
    On a different note, is it important in "navmovedown", after that a number of space is required. Is this different for everyone? I know on my bb menu, is has apps and other apps listed. Would the number after "navmovedown" be different for everyone?
    NavMoveDown moves the cursor, you can NavMoveDown1 (once) NavMoveDown5 (5 times) ... NavMoveDown is going to be different depending on what you're doing. and in the case of the BB system menu it'll be different for people depending on what apps they have installed that add themselves to the system menu
    01-16-12 03:16 PM
    thank you so much! in other words, i have to write each step down as i go thru the steps on my bb to do the task? wow! lots of work but really exciting. i am still waiting for my tags to arrive. i have just followed the bluetooth connection and bridge to work!!! i finally got it!!! yeah for myself!!!!
    01-16-12 04:07 PM
    thank you so much! in other words, i have to write each step down as i go thru the steps on my bb to do the task? wow! lots of work but really exciting. i am still waiting for my tags to arrive. i have just followed the bluetooth connection and bridge to work!!! i finally got it!!! yeah for myself!!!!
    Macro writing is indeed a lot of work initially. Mostly because of not having allll the available commands memorized. There's a few people in this thread available to help. If you get brickwalled, don't be shy about posting here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-12 04:09 PM
    Macro writing is indeed a lot of work initially. Mostly because of not having allll the available commands memorized. There's a few people in this thread available to help. If you get brickwalled, don't be shy about posting here.

01-16-12 04:12 PM
    Yes it is lots of work but now I am very excited about this app!! Thank you for all ur help! I have read the 66 pages this weekend and see how everyone is so helpful!! Thank you!

01-16-12 04:14 PM

Hello again! I have another question: when we write a macro of our own, do we need to in app.name to be "macro", or can I chose something on the list? I have notice that I have to write shortkeys for the macro.

Thanks again!
    01-16-12 05:19 PM
    Hello again! I have another question: when we write a macro of our own, do we need to in app.name to be "macro", or can I chose something on the list? I have notice that I have to write shortkeys for the macro.

Thanks again!
    For application launching you can do it either way, using "app name: macro" then using the "launch" macro to run applications and then the following macros, or using "app name: application name" and then the macros.

App name: MACRO
    Macros:
    launch APPLICATION;
    action;action;action;

App name: APPLICATION
    Macros:
    action;action;action

If you are just using general macros, set the app name to macro, since they are probably not tied to any application. However, you can use app name: macro to pretty much do almost anything.

The advantage of using "app name: macro" and the "launch" macro is that the application launching action can be imported onto another macro, thus eliminating the need for cascaded shortcuts.
    The disadvantage is that there are some functions that do not work properly, or do not work at all when executed using the launch macro, for which you need to use its name in the app name field.

You set shortcut keys since its the only way to launch a raw macro in SCM, it works like a pointer/identifier, you can also use the shortcut keys to import it. A macro without shortcut keys, if it were possible, can't be imported anywhere and would probably be annoying to execute.
    Last edited by gbsn; 01-16-12 at 05:38 PM.
    01-16-12 05:26 PM
    thank You so much Gbsn! I am understanding it little more! Thank You. I am working on my own macros!! Thanks again for explaining it to me. That really helps and very appreciative!
    01-16-12 05:43 PM
1,385 ... 3839404142 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD