ShortcutMe Notepad++ User Language
    For those who prefer to write macros from their PC
    A User Language to be imported into Notepad++

All new with more color coded goodness

Please read the "readme" and the "syntax" file for more info

! This isn't an official release, and is in no way supported by ShortcutMe !

Download link

Last edited by ONE618; 11-30-11 at 08:40 PM.
    TomCanuck and Vijik like this.
    11-30-11 07:42 AM
    Is there a macro to open Social Feeds and simulate a menu key press twice (open menu and activate "new post")
    12-04-11 02:19 AM
    Is there a macro to open Social Feeds and simulate a menu key press twice (open menu and activate "new post")
    I don't have Social Feeds installed, and I really don't have the space to install it on my 8330... But what happens if you make a new shortcut, using "Macro" as the app name. Then further down in the setup page in the macro section

LaunchAndWait Social Feeds;
    MenuKey;
    Delay20;
    MenuKey
    Vijik likes this.
    12-04-11 02:23 AM
    I don't have Social Feeds installed, and I really don't have the space to install it on my 8330... But what happens if you make a new shortcut, using "Macro" as the app name. Then further down in the setup page in the macro section

LaunchAndWait Social Feeds;
    MenuKey;
    Delay20;
    MenuKey
    Thanks for the reply. My issue was not seeing the "Feeds" as the app name under the list. I was looking for Social Feeds.

Now with this macro I can do a "quick post" like I could with socialscope.
    12-04-11 02:37 AM
    Thanks for the reply. My issue was not seeing the "Feeds" as the app name under the list. I was looking for Social Feeds.

Now with this macro I can do a "quick post" like I could with socialscope.
    Personally I always always use "macro" and just write it out manually.

Glad you got it working
    12-04-11 02:42 AM
    Any gurus/experts,
    Help me with the macro to restrict identity and un-restrict identity option using shortcut me. It is located under options -- incall settings -- identity resriction.

Thankyou! I am on bold 9900 os 7
    12-04-11 10:03 PM
    Any gurus/experts,
    Help me with the macro to restrict identity and un-restrict identity option using shortcut me.
    I wrote it to toggle between "Always" and "Never". Is that what you were looking for?

Identity Toggle

Code:
    Set $loop=1;
    While0 IsAppRunning Options && $loop<9;
    LaunchAndWait Options;Do0;
      EscKey;
      Inc $loop;
    EndWhile0;

LaunchAndWait Options;
    NavMoveDown 5;
    NavClick;
    NavClick;
    NavMoveDown 2;
    NavClick;
    Keynn;
    NavMoveUp 1;
    NavClick;
    EscKey;
    *keys;

Set $loop=1;
    While1 IsAppForeground Options && $loop<9;Do1;
      EscKey;
      Inc $loop;
    EndWhile1;
    Last edited by ONE618; 12-04-11 at 11:40 PM.
    Vijik likes this.
    12-04-11 11:27 PM
    You rock sir!!
    12-07-11 07:23 PM
    You rock sir!!
    +1.

The nice thing about One618's macro is that the first part of the macro:

Code:
    Set $loop=1;
    While0 IsAppRunning Options && $loop<9;
    LaunchAndWait Options;Do0;
      EscKey;
      Inc $loop;
    EndWhile0;
    makes sure that Options screen is closed before starting to navigate through pages in Options.
    Not even ShortcutMe's own functions are this sophisticated.
    12-07-11 07:32 PM
    I need help I'm not a programmer and that macro stuff are a bit difficult to start.
    I like to try a simple TOGGLE that simply TOGGLE on-off those settings

• wifi
    • tBT
    • GPS
    • sound high-profile vs. sound-normal

can be done?
    many thanks
    12-15-11 11:24 AM
    To make a shortcut to toggle all of those items, first create shortcuts for each toggle item:
    TB shortcut is Bluetooth_Toggle
    TW is WiFi_Toggle
    TG is GPS_Toggle
    PL is Profile_Selector with parameter set to 3

Now, to perform all of these at once, make a shortcut with CascadedShortcuts as the App. Name and TB;TW;TG;PL as the parameter. If needed, you can insert numbers between shortcuts to specify delays (in milliseconds). for example: TB;2000;TW;3000;TG;5000;PL
    12-21-11 07:29 PM
    Many thanks!
    But cant find the gps One... Is preloaded in app? Or I have to write it by hand?
    12-22-11 12:19 AM
    Just curious if everyone here sets SCM to a convenience key or just use space (or other key) to launch it?
    12-22-11 01:47 AM
    Just curious if everyone here sets SCM to a convenience key or just use space (or other key) to launch it?
    i do. since there's multi click features, i cant see why a person wouldnt. unless they use vlingo
    12-22-11 01:52 AM
    Many thanks!
    But cant find the gps One... Is preloaded in app? Or I have to write it by hand?
    See this post:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post6939984
    12-22-11 06:30 AM
    annnd i'm back yet again. rocking a brand spanking new 9900. ... hopefully for good

if i promised anyone help, it's been far far too long and i've forgotten your problem and who you were. If you still need help please repost
    12-29-11 11:28 AM
    Hi Vijik,
    New user here, just purchased your app and loving it. Am using it on an 8520 which seems to differ with some of the shortcuts I have been playing with off the forum.

I am hoping you can advise. I followed your post on toggle WiFi, which work well (just a change in down key number).

The command completes but stays on the Connection Options page. On the 8520 which key would it be to get you back to the HOME screen ??

Your advise would be appreciated......Or from any of the 8520 experienced users out there.

Thanks

Graeme
    01-07-12 08:34 AM
    Hi Vijik,
    New user here, just purchased your app and loving it. Am using it on an 8520 which seems to differ with some of the shortcuts I have been playing with off the forum.

I am hoping you can advise. I followed your post on toggle WiFi, which work well (just a change in down key number).

The command completes but stays on the Connection Options page. On the 8520 which key would it be to get you back to the HOME screen ??

Your advise would be appreciated......Or from any of the 8520 experienced users out there.

Thanks

Graeme
    If you're writing this as a macro by hand, then EndKey will always bring you back to the homescreen. However, if you use the EndKey then Manage Connections may still be open and running in the background. So perhaps give EscKey a shot, then put EndKey after that. On OS7.1 it would look like

LaunchAndWait Manage Connections;
    NavMoveDown1;
    NavClick;
    EscKey;
    Delay20;
    EndKey;

You will probably have to tweak the "NavMove" to suit your OS version.

However
    I see no reason to do it like this. You should be able to just use the following

Launch WiFi_On
    or
    Launch WiFi_Off
    or
    Launch WiFi_Toggle

none of those require connection manager to even open.
    01-07-12 08:56 AM
    If you're writing this as a macro by hand, then EndKey will always bring you back to the homescreen. However, if you use the EndKey then Manage Connections may still be open and running in the background. So perhaps give EscKey a shot, then put EndKey after that. On OS7.1 it would look like

NavMoveDown1;
    NavClick;
    EscKey;
    Delay20;
    EndKey;

You will probably have to tweak the "NavMove" to suit your OS version.

However
    I see no reason to do it like this. You should be able to just use the following

Launch WiFi_On
    or
    Launch WiFi_Off
    or
    Launch WiFi_Toggle

none of those require connection manager to even open.
    Or you can simply select WiFi_Toggle or WiFi_Toggle2 as the app name with no macro required.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-12 09:09 AM
    Many thanks for the super quick response :-) thats what I like about this forum.

The reason I went with the long macro way was so I could use one option that will toggle between whatever its currently set to.

However, I have been trying to do it through the Launch option, and can get wifi_on & wifi_off to work without any problems, but the same cannot be said about the Bluetooth.

Have tried various options of bt_on bluetooth_on and it wont do anything.

You may be also to help with another one i have been trying to get working and only managed through a lengthy Macro.

Send an SMS to a particular number in the address book with the message "on my way from work".

My way was like writing an essay :-)

Many thanks

Graeme
    01-07-12 09:12 AM
    Many thanks for the super quick response :-) thats what I like about this forum.

The reason I went with the long macro way was so I could use one option that will toggle between whatever its currently set to.

However, I have been trying to do it through the Launch option, and can get wifi_on & wifi_off to work without any problems, but the same cannot be said about the Bluetooth.

Have tried various options of bt_on bluetooth_on and it wont do anything.

You may be also to help with another one i have been trying to get working and only managed through a lengthy Macro.

Send an SMS to a particular number in the address book with the message "on my way from work".

My way was like writing an essay :-)

Many thanks

Graeme
    RIM handles bluetooth way different than it does WiFi. There is no "on" and "off" for bluetooth in the API, there is only toggle. Now, it is possible to detect if bluetooth is on/off, but RIM strikes again. Checking if bluetooth is on/off while it is off will result in a prompt. I wrote macros that will turn bluetooth on or off no matter what you answer to the prompt, but the prompt is 100% unavoidable (if bluetooth is off while checking). I have also written my own Bluetooth toggle, I can't remember exactly.. Default conflicted with something else I was doing I think. Here's what I have, you can either swap out "ImportMacro BTT" with "Launch Bluetooth_Toggle" or add the BTT macro to your shortcuts.

You may need to edit the "NavMove" to suit your OS
    App Name: Macro
    Shortcut Keys: BTT
    Display Name: Toggle Bluetooth
    Macros:
    SetLedColor b;
    LedOn;
    NavMoveDown2;
    NavClick;
    EscKey;
    LedOff;

Display Name: Bluetooth Off
    Macros:
    If0 !IsBtOn;
    Then0;
    Delay1;
    Else0;
    ImportMacro BTT;
    EndIf0;

Display Name: Bluetooth On
    Macros:
    If0 IsBtOn;
    Then0;
    Delay1;
    Else0;
    ImportMacro BTT;
    EndIf0;

As for your SMS message. You can click the Parameter button to choose someone from your contact list. Or enter the number manually in the Parameter section.

App Name: MSG_SMS
    Parameter: 5555555555
    Macros:
    NavMoveDown1;
    Keyon my way from work;
    EnterKey;

Please note, it's pretty slow on OS 7.1 not sure how it'll turn out on whatever OS you're using heh. But it's probably still the fastest way with reliability. The only other reliable way I can think of would involve a ton of steps which would make it slow anyways.
    01-07-12 09:46 AM
    Some superb info there, which will help me with getting used to this application :-) really has opened up the options for me.

I will have a play with your stuff and see what happens.

Once again many thanks

Graeme
    01-07-12 09:50 AM
    No problem. Let me know how it works out.
    01-07-12 09:57 AM
    quick question and please excuse my ignorance.....I'm only up to page 30 so far :-)

When using the commands such as:
    • Navmovedown
    • Navmoveup
    • Navmoveleft
    • Navmoveright
    • MenuItemFromTop
    • etc

followed by a number, ie 1 does this 1 refer to the movement of the cursor in the menu's, ie navcursordown 2 (on my 8520) would take you to the 2nd row of application icons.

OR

does the figure refer to something else within the system ?

Thanks

Graeme
    01-07-12 12:25 PM
    quick question and please excuse my ignorance.....I'm only up to page 30 so far :-)

When using the commands such as:
    • Navmovedown
    • Navmoveup
    • Navmoveleft
    • Navmoveright
    • MenuItemFromTop
    • etc

followed by a number, ie 1 does this 1 refer to the movement of the cursor in the menu's, ie navcursordown 2 (on my 8520) would take you to the 2nd row of application icons.

OR

does the figure refer to something else within the system ?

Thanks

Graeme
    NavMove is relative to the curson's current position. It does nothing more than move the cusor. If for example the curson is on the second row of icons on your homescreen, NavMoveDown2 would put the cursor on the 4th row. But if your cursor was originally on the 1st row NavMoveDown2 would put it onto the 3rd

You can use MenuItemFromTopx and MenuItemFromBottomx though, so... Like

MenuKey;
    MenuItemFromTop5;

Would press your menu key, then move the cursor to the 5th item from the top of the menu.
    01-07-12 12:48 PM
1,385 ... 3738394041 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD