Thank you very much for the help!!
    11-18-11 01:05 PM
    ShortCutMe surprise bonus app on Bold 9900 with OS 7.0.0.540.

When browsing the shortcutme list of apps I found one I did not recognize "MediaServer". Being a curious fellow, I choose it and lauched it using the SCM shortcut. Nothing opened but an little icon that looks like a monitor symbol appeared up by the Battery meter on the home screen.

Could not find anythin about by searching the web, but my running apps program showed me it was a rim app.

On a hunch, I went to my media program on my computer (Logitech media server(Squeezebox) with UPnP turned on) that would find available music servers and there it was my little BB had become a music server that I could stream from. Works perfectly

Must a be a "to be released" app, when I connected to it from my computer my blackberry asked if i wanted to allow the connection and that I could change my settings from the media options. The options are not there and the only way I can turn off the media server is by rebooting, but it may still be handy
    11-21-11 12:33 PM
    Moving this from another thread:

Please help me understand what I am doing wrong:

Shortcut BTT:
    App Name Bluetooth_Toggle

Shortcut BBB:
    Ap Name BlackberryBridge

App Name: Macro
    Macros:
    If0 IsBtOn;
    Then0 ;
    ImportMacrobbb;
    Else0;
    ImportMacroBT;
    ImportMacroBBB;
    EndIf0;

It tells me "No macro found". Why?
    ImportMacro imports just macros in a shortcut and not the entire shortcut (AppName, etc).
    kauaigirl63 likes this.
    11-21-11 08:23 PM
    So would this work?

Macros:
    If0 IsBtOn;
    Then0 ;
    LaunchBlackberryBridge;
    Else0;
    LaunchBluetooth_Toggle;
    LaunchBlackberryBridge;
    EndIf0;
    11-21-11 08:42 PM
    So would this work?

Macros:
    If0 IsBtOn;
    Then0 ;
    LaunchBlackberryBridge;
    Else0;
    LaunchBluetooth_Toggle;
    LaunchBlackberryBridge;
    EndIf0;
    You might get in trouble running Bluetooth_Toggle in a macro because Bluetooth_Toggle is in self a macro and macro engine is not thread safe.
    I assume the best thing is to create a macro only shortcut that toggles bluetooth and then import that macro shortcut into your macro above.
    A macro shortcut that toggles macro:

AppName:Macro
    Shortcut Keys: TBT
    Macros:
    LaunchAndWait Manage Connections;
    NavMoveDown 2; (make sure this is correct number of needed movement before Bluetooth is selected in Manage Connections)
    NavClick;
    Delay 200;
    EscKey;

Now replace "LaunchBluetooth_Toggle;" in your macro with
    ImportMacro TBT;
    kauaigirl63 likes this.
    11-21-11 08:59 PM

New Macros
    Add Word Substitution & Dictionary

ShortcutMe website launch menu

These are just small macro additions.
    I'll be uploading some bigger better stuff soon.

Located at
    Last edited by ONE618; 11-21-11 at 09:19 PM.
    Vijik likes this.
    11-21-11 09:12 PM
    Vijik,
    works like a charm, you Genius you!

So now, thanks to you, I have a metal-backed NFC tag on the back of my Playbook to automatically connect the two. Way to go, Genius!
    Last edited by kauaigirl63; 11-21-11 at 11:34 PM.
    Vijik likes this.
    11-21-11 10:19 PM
    Vijik,
    works like a charm, you Genius you!

So now, thanks to you, I have a metal-backed NFC tag on the back of my Playbook to automatically connect the two. Way to go, Genius!

Perfect!

Please share this use case with others in the thread below:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...as-all-659273/
    11-22-11 07:38 AM
    Moved this over from a different thread.

Hi guys,

Trying to get a macro to do one thing if it is run during the morning (AM) and another thing if it is in the evening(PM)

any ideas on how to put that into an if query?

Thanks

Paul
    you can use an If statement along with GetTime

If0 GetTime <1200;
    Then0;
    Macros for morning;
    Else0;
    Macros for evening/night;
    EndIf0

Gettime returns time in 24 hour format, like 0815 for 8:15am and 1334 for 1:34pm
    11-28-11 10:13 AM
    Moved this over from a different thread.

you can use an If statement along with GetTime

If0 GetTime <1200;
    Then0;
    Macros for morning;
    Else0;
    Macros for evening/night;
    EndIf0

Gettime returns time in 24 hour format, like 0815 for 8:15am and 1334 for 1:34pm
    Perfect - Tahnks!
    11-28-11 11:34 AM
    Guys - i know its probably very basic but i created this macro to record the time i drop my little one off at nursery every day (they charge for early drops - depending how early and it makes reconciling against their invoices easier) not sure if it is of use to anyone. (having already created a blank memo called timekeeping

Appname : Memopad
    Macro:
    Spkeytimekeeping;
    delay200;
    enterkey;
    delay200;
    keyld lt ;
    delay100;
    enterkey;
    esckey;
    delay100;
    enterkey;
    delay100;
    esckey;
    delay100;
    esckey;
    lockkey;
    11-29-11 05:19 AM
    This thread is crazy! You guys are hardcore at this ^^
    Ok I'm an SCM newbie (bought it just yesterday!), and I've sifted through the 60 pages where I have found great stuff, but one challenge still remains. Hoping you could help out!
    I use a dialer app (BlaCaDa) as I place nearly all my calls through VoIP or calling card services. For the moment the only choice I have is to press the menu key from the Contacts screen and then select "Call with BlaCaDa". I was hoping that I could try and make this a bit simpler, anything closer to the "native" way of calling. Maybe something like key+PhoneButton, or even the phone button itself if that is possible?
    Do you see a solution!

Thank you so much!
    11-29-11 06:20 AM
    This thread is crazy! You guys are hardcore at this ^^
    Ok I'm an SCM newbie (bought it just yesterday!), and I've sifted through the 60 pages where I have found great stuff, but one challenge still remains. Hoping you could help out!
    I use a dialer app (BlaCaDa) as I place nearly all my calls through VoIP or calling card services. For the moment the only choice I have is to press the menu key from the Contacts screen and then select "Call with BlaCaDa". I was hoping that I could try and make this a bit simpler, anything closer to the "native" way of calling. Maybe something like key+PhoneButton, or even the phone button itself if that is possible?
    Do you see a solution!

Thank you so much!
    Usually i end up looking like a fool coming to this thread before my morning cup of coffee, but too late i'm here now... Are you asking about the talk button for a macro (ability to simulate it being pressed) or for it's ability to be used as a shortcut key (launch Shortcutme, hit alt, hit Talk)? Neither is possible right now as best that i can remember. I'm sure Vijik could add it as a macro so you could use it like

theoretical example - non functional
    LaunchPhone;
    Key15555555555;
    TalkKey;
    11-29-11 07:02 AM
    Thanks for your answer Juggalow ^^
    Don't worry, I've been here for 2 hours and still haven't had breakfast as I'm too busy fiddling with my BB
    What I was looking for isn't really to include the Green Phone Button in a Macro, but rather to use that Phone Button as a shortcut key FOR a macro. Or maybe a combination of Phone Button + something else, or double click Phone Button. Whatever's possible!
    It would have to be usable both from the contacts and call log screen.

Once the "Call using BlaCaDa" option is selected, I can handle all calls, including normal ones, so I don't even need to use the Phone Button for anything else than that macro, really!

Actually, the reason I'm asking is because I am preparing a BB for someone who is not really tech-savvy, and who doesn't want to go through too much trouble to access the "alternative" call menu.

All ideas are welcome, thanks for everything =)
    11-29-11 07:29 AM
    Thanks for your answer Juggalow ^^
    Don't worry, I've been here for 2 hours and still haven't had breakfast as I'm too busy fiddling with my BB
    What I was looking for isn't really to include the Green Phone Button in a Macro, but rather to use that Phone Button as a shortcut key FOR a macro. Or maybe a combination of Phone Button + something else, or double click Phone Button. Whatever's possible!
    It would have to be usable both from the contacts and call log screen.

Once the "Call using BlaCaDa" option is selected, I can handle all calls, including normal ones, so I don't even need to use the Phone Button for anything else than that macro, really!

Actually, the reason I'm asking is because I am preparing a BB for someone who is not really tech-savvy, and who doesn't want to go through too much trouble to access the "alternative" call menu.

All ideas are welcome, thanks for everything =)
    I dont think this is possible, it'd require that the current action of the Talk key be surpressed. And i just can't see RIM allowing that. That being said though, I'm no developer so dont hold me to that.

Personally i dont see how this would be much easier than just doing it manually either...
    MenuKey, scroll to Call From BlaCaDa, click track pad
    vs
    Convenience key (to launch shortcut me), altkey, phone key, (wait for keystroke injection)

you could just as easily use the shortcut keys "ppp"
    so it would be
    Convenience Key (to launch ShortcutMe), p key three times, wait for keystroke injection

or actually, you could even use MultiClick. So just tapping the convenience key 2 3 or 4 times will do it. Which might be even easier yet
    11-29-11 07:56 AM
    You're right Juggalow, it's what I was starting to think, too. At least I'm sure now ^^ And I agree, hitting the menu key and selecting an option isn't the end of the world! He'll just have to deal with it I guess.
    As for the Multiclick, I'll give it a try! See if it makes things easier.

Thanks!
    11-29-11 08:26 AM
    You're right Juggalow, it's what I was starting to think, too. At least I'm sure now ^^ And I agree, hitting the menu key and selecting an option isn't the end of the world! He'll just have to deal with it I guess.
    As for the Multiclick, I'll give it a try! See if it makes things easier.

Thanks!
    No prob. Report back if you run into any problems ^_^
    11-29-11 08:31 AM
    Ok so this seems to work fine, thank you!!! However you are right, this is probably going to be more confusing than just hitting Menu and "Call with...". I'll make the decision later.
    I'm getting on to something much more serious now, for which I think ShortcutMe is the absolute perfect tool. Let me explain.
    The Phone I am preparing is a 9900 for a business person. It is equipped with a dual SIM adapter, which allows you to jump from one SIM card to the other on the fly (works flawlessly by the way ^^). Whenever that person goes abroad, he needs to fulfill several steps to be fully functional.

1. Unconditionally forward all calls to the 2nd SIM number. This is done by calling a special number: **21*<DestinationNumber>#
    2. Go inside an app and change a dialing rule (equivalent to checking a box; rather easy so far)
    3. Finally, change the active SIM card

The first two steps I think I can manage with a simple little macro. However the third step requires access to the SIM Application Toolkit (STK, automatically provided by any SIM card through a SIM card icon, and allows access to special carrier services). Is that SIM toolkit accessible from ShortcutMe? This would be flat out awesome.

Now I know this is rather obscure and most people will probably never need such a Macro, but in my case, this would be of tremendous help. Any ideas how I can access the SIM Toolkit?

Thanks for your help!

Cheers
    11-29-11 10:21 AM
    Ok so this seems to work fine, thank you!!! However you are right, this is probably going to be more confusing than just hitting Menu and "Call with...". I'll make the decision later.
    I'm getting on to something much more serious now, for which I think ShortcutMe is the absolute perfect tool. Let me explain.
    The Phone I am preparing is a 9900 for a business person. It is equipped with a dual SIM adapter, which allows you to jump from one SIM card to the other on the fly (works flawlessly by the way ^^). Whenever that person goes abroad, he needs to fulfill several steps to be fully functional.

1. Unconditionally forward all calls to the 2nd SIM number. This is done by calling a special number: **21*<DestinationNumber>#
    2. Go inside an app and change a dialing rule (equivalent to checking a box; rather easy so far)
    3. Finally, change the active SIM card

The first two steps I think I can manage with a simple little macro. However the third step requires access to the SIM Application Toolkit (STK, automatically provided by any SIM card through a SIM card icon, and allows access to special carrier services). Is that SIM toolkit accessible from ShortcutMe? This would be flat out awesome.

Now I know this is rather obscure and most people will probably never need such a Macro, but in my case, this would be of tremendous help. Any ideas how I can access the SIM Toolkit?

Thanks for your help!

Cheers
    Here's where I get sad... I dont have a 9900 at the moment, I had to send it in for warranty (that bloody JVM error). So this could take a while to work out since i cant test really any of this myself on the 8330 (CDMA) I'm using right now.

just for a test, make a temporary macro that only contains:

Set $fg=GetForeground
    Show $fg

now open the SIM Toolkit and with it in the foreground, launch that temp macro. This will tell you the actual application name that we'll attempt to launch.

Now make a second temp macro which contains:

Launch AppName

where AppName is what was shown for the SIM toolkit. if that doesnt work try the alternative launches

Launch AppName*
    or
    Launch AppName#
    and (i doubt this will work but as a last resort)
    Launch AppName_BG

if none of that works... well we'll have to go at it another way
    11-29-11 10:35 AM
    How resourceful you are. Thanks, man. However, the temporary macro manages to get the names of any app, EXCEPT the STK. ShortcutMe appears behind the Toolkit window, and does not respond until I close the toolkit... Of course
    I checked in the installed applications: it's not there, which probably means it's not considered a regular application. I can picture a Macro simulating all the necessary strokes to get to the icon on the Home Screen, but I'm pretty sure it'll prove a totally unreliable method.
    Running out of ideas... do you know of any possible special status that an app can have, and that ShortcutMe could get to?

Thanks!
    11-29-11 03:35 PM
    How resourceful you are. Thanks, man. However, the temporary macro manages to get the names of any app, EXCEPT the STK. ShortcutMe appears behind the Toolkit window, and does not respond until I close the toolkit... Of course
    I checked in the installed applications: it's not there, which probably means it's not considered a regular application. I can picture a Macro simulating all the necessary strokes to get to the icon on the Home Screen, but I'm pretty sure it'll prove a totally unreliable method.
    Running out of ideas... do you know of any possible special status that an app can have, and that ShortcutMe could get to?

Thanks!
    Do you have the engineering screen unlocked? The process list is another good place to get the name of some tricky stuff. Or the "switch application" (hold the Menu key).
    Failing that, you can try using the shortcutme multiclick (so you don't have to see the menu) and try this

SetGlobal %fg=GetForeground

Then in a separate shortcut

GetGlobal %fg;
    Show $$Result

However GetForeground doesn't work on applications that do not appear in the "Switch Application" menu so... Yeah. I agree navigating the homescreen to an icon is probably not the best way to go. Especially if the phone is for someone else, they'll eventually move the icons heh downloading someone or whatever.

Does the SIM toolkit appear in the "App Name" dropdown list when you go into make a shortcut in ShortcutMe? If it does, and if that works then you should just be able to use that. Might need the alternative launch though (also another drop down menu)
    Moufle likes this.
    11-29-11 03:46 PM
    Tried all of this... I can't thank you enough, but the SIM toolkit is stubborn: any app (including SCM) appears in the background, and there's no way to interact with them until the Toolkit is closed. I managed to bring SCM to foreground while the Toolkit was open, and tried exploring both the Switch Application screen, as well as a Process Manager... to no avail. I think I have to look for another way to accomplish this.

EDIT: The Toolkit appears in the Convenience Key list, but not in the list of "launchable" apps by SCM! This is getting stranger
    Last edited by Moufle; 11-29-11 at 05:41 PM.
    11-29-11 05:38 PM
    Tried all of this... I can't thank you enough, but the SIM toolkit is stubborn: any app (including SCM) appears in the background, and there's no way to interact with them until the Toolkit is closed. I managed to bring SCM to foreground while the Toolkit was open, and tried exploring both the Switch Application screen, as well as a Process Manager... to no avail. I think I have to look for another way to accomplish this.

EDIT: The Toolkit appears in the Convenience Key list, but not in the list of "launchable" apps by SCM! This is getting stranger
    well i was hoping that SCM wouldnt need to be in the foreground, and that

SetGlobal %fg=GetForeground

would work ummm.... try take the name of the app from the convenience key drop down, and just try a launch macro in ShortcutMe

Launch AppName
    or
    Launch AppName*
    or
    Launch AppName#
    or
    Launch AppName_BG
    Moufle likes this.
    11-29-11 10:19 PM
    Sorry, I wasn't very specific when explaining the last developments. Here goes: whenever the SIM toolkit is in foreground, I can bring up SCM with one press of the convenience key, but then, a second press does nothing, and I can't get to any other keyboad shortcuts either...
    I tried all the methods to launch the App. I do find it very strange that it would show on the convenience key dropdown list but not on installed apps, or even call-able by SCM... If I don't find a more convenient solution, I think I'll just stick with the convenience key for the SIM toolkit, and use an alternate method of opening SCM. What do you think?

Cheers
    11-30-11 03:29 AM
    Sorry, I wasn't very specific when explaining the last developments. Here goes: whenever the SIM toolkit is in foreground, I can bring up SCM with one press of the convenience key, but then, a second press does nothing, and I can't get to any other keyboad shortcuts either...
    I tried all the methods to launch the App. I do find it very strange that it would show on the convenience key dropdown list but not on installed apps, or even call-able by SCM... If I don't find a more convenient solution, I think I'll just stick with the convenience key for the SIM toolkit, and use an alternate method of opening SCM. What do you think?

Cheers
    Well... Lol.. Right now all I can think of is the toolkit is like SMS Messages. The OS has an icon to launch them directly, you can also use the convenience key to launch the sms messages list directly. But there is no known way to do it in SCM. (Need to us a roundabout method)

I'll be getting a new 9900 hopefully in a week or two. I'll pm you if I can figure it out afterwards :\
    11-30-11 07:06 AM
1,385 ... 3637383940 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD