I've started deleting all my macros from here
    This is to prevent out-of-date macros from being used and to tidy things up a bit.
    If there are plans for developing a mobile site for a community macro library, please let me know.

From now on
    I'll only be posting macros in
    my archive thread
    This isn't to deter traffic from here. I put a huge "please do not leave comments" with a link to this thread in case someone stumbles upon it.
    I still have a stupid amount of macros to upload before it's done

I'll post update notices here, now and then.
    Last edited by ONE618; 10-26-11 at 12:52 AM.
    10-26-11 12:38 AM
    I've started deleting all my macros from this thread
    This is to prevent out-of-date macros from being used and to tidy things up a bit.

From now on
    I'll only be posting macros in my archive thread
    This isn't to deter traffic from here. I put a huge "please do not leave comments" with a link to this thread in case someone stumbles upon it.

I'll post update notices here, now and then.
    Iunno if old versions really become irrelevent to be honest. As we get new features and functions the updated macros become more taxing on the hardware no? Perhaps those with older phones might like the original working version. As it'll be easier on their foolishly old phones lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-11 12:42 AM
    Iunno if old versions really become irrelevent to be honest. As we get new features and functions the updated macros become more taxing on the hardware no? Perhaps those with older phones might like the original working version. As it'll be easier on their foolishly old phones lol

It's more for people new to the thread or ShortcutMe in general.

When I first purchased SCM and was linked to this thread from the SCM website, I pretty much just said screw it and started writing my own macros. Which is too bad, because I'm betting there are a lot of awesome macros hidden within these 60 pages. But, who the he11 wants to read 60 pages for an app?

I'm betting others felt the same and just moved onto another thread.
    Last edited by ONE618; 10-26-11 at 01:11 AM.
    10-26-11 01:05 AM

When I first purchased SCM and was linked to this thread from the SCM website, I pretty much just said screw it and started writing my own macros. Which is too bad, because I'm betting there are a lot of awesome macros hidden within these 60 pages. But, who the he11 wants to read 60 pages for an app?

Hahah yeah. No don't get me wrong. I was already subscribed to your thread. And I agree it's a good idea. I just meant about deleting your macros from this thread was all. I'm all for a proper archive.

10-26-11 01:12 AM
    Splitting integers to be used as parameters.

Date example,
    input $indate = 10270715;

div $indate,100; /*result=102707*/
    set $minutes=$$rest; /*rest=15*/
    div $$result,100; /*result=1027*/
    set $hours=$$rest; /*rest=07*/
    div $$result,100; /*result=10*/
    set $day=$$rest; /*rest=27*/
    set $month=$$result;

And so it goes.
    10-26-11 09:31 PM
    Haha alright, this is for Juggalo

I need help creating a simple macro that will toggle the profile selector from normal to vibrate and vice-versa. I've been playing with Profile_Selector and If-statements, but I'm still trying to get used to the syntax... I also feel that I'm way off!

(You owe me a <3, Juggalo )
    10-27-11 09:15 AM
    Haha alright, this is for Juggalo

I need help creating a simple macro that will toggle the profile selector from normal to vibrate and vice-versa. I've been playing with Profile_Selector and If-statements, but I'm still trying to get used to the syntax... I also feel that I'm way off!

(You owe me a <3, Juggalo )
    You can have two, just cuz I'm in a good mood <3 <3 haha, for real though. Thanks

What version of ShortcutMe do you have? Because, I don't think I can quite do what you want in the latest official version. But if that's what you have, then I will try
    10-27-11 09:23 AM
    You can have two, just cuz I'm in a good mood <3 <3 haha, for real though. Thanks

What version of ShortcutMe do you have? Because, I don't think I can quite do what you want in the latest official version. But if that's what you have, then I will try
    I have version 5.9.2. It's ok if it can't be done. I can live with two separate shortcuts. I would just like to have a toggle to program to an nfc card through nfcLauncher.
    10-27-11 09:34 AM
    I have version 5.9.2. It's ok if it can't be done. I can live with two separate shortcuts. I would just like to have a toggle to program to an nfc card through nfcLauncher.
    i hear ya, this exact macro was the first thing i wrote when Vijik released the last beta. but... it's only available in the beta i'm afraid. Did you want me to pm you once it becomes official? and we'll work through getting your macro done? i can't 100% pre write it because it'll rely on your ringer volume.

Edit #1
    I am blind. nevermind .... though 5.9.2 still isnt the newest official version
    here's what you're missing that you can have in the newest official.

New in 5.9.3.0 comparing to 5.9.2.0 (5.6.3.0 comparing to 5.6.3.0)

* Macro engine can now run ‘==’ and ‘!=’ on Strings

* Followings macros are added to the app:
    WaitTil
    WaitTilDelay
    LaunchAndWait
    GetBatteryLevel
    NavMovePlusShiftOn
    NavMovePlusAltOn
    NavMovePlusNothing

* Show and Input macros now comes to foreground without showing ShortcutMe’s main page

* Input macro accepts text (Input $Var1 ,Please enter your year of birth; )

* The bug "!= for integers" is removed

* ShortcutMe comes to foreground when an error is detected

Did you want me to PM you and we'll work on your macro as soon as the next official version comes out?
    Last edited by Juggalo20; 10-27-11 at 09:59 AM.
    10-27-11 09:42 AM
    i hear ya, this exact macro was the first thing i wrote when Vijik released the last beta. but... it's only available in the beta i'm afraid. Did you want me to pm you once it becomes official? and we'll work through getting your macro done? i can't 100% pre write it because it'll rely on your ringer volume.

Edit #1
    I am blind. nevermind .... though 5.9.2 still isnt the newest official version
    here's what you're missing that you can have in the newest official.

Did you want me to PM you and we'll work on your macro as soon as the next official version comes out?
    Sure. PM me whenever you're free. Thanks for the help.
    10-27-11 10:11 AM
    Sure. PM me whenever you're free. Thanks for the help.
    No prob man. I'm all about ShortcutMe, lol. I'll probably have PM'd you begfore Vijik makes the post on CB lol

10-27-11 10:19 AM

Agree. A 60 page thread is more like a 0 page thread!
    Even I have difficulties finding old posts in this thread (Search on CB doesn't show the posts but the thread).

I think it does help newbies if some of the useful or simple macros are used to new threads.
    10-27-11 06:19 PM
    Even I have difficulties finding old posts in this thread (Search on CB doesn't show the posts but the thread).

I think it does help newbies if some of the useful or simple macros are used to new threads.
    Agreed! When I first got SCM I was hoping that there would be a thread just for macros and possibly ideas... Had no choice but to go through this huge thread! Still have not come up with any good ideas of my own yet...
    10-27-11 07:17 PM

you can have the results shown as posts in advanced search
    10-27-11 07:19 PM

New Macros
    SOS Signal Fix

New Reminder for BugMe!

Task Manager

Web Search
    Wolfram Alpha
    Stock Market
    Dictionary
    Thesaurus
    Wapedia

Website Launch

Latest thread post on ShortcutMe Macros
    Latest thread post on ShortcutMe Updates

New How-to
    Create a custom web search for almost any site

Single letter shortcut category name

Updated Macros
    Word Clock
    Radio Toggle
    Wifi Toggle
    Password Toggle
    Alarm Toggle
    Add World Substitution
    Add World to Dictionary

Located at
    Last edited by ONE618; 10-29-11 at 10:01 PM.
    TomCanuck likes this.
    10-29-11 09:07 PM

New How-to
    Passing a variable across macros using the clipboard

Last edited by ONE618; 10-30-11 at 05:02 PM.
    10-30-11 05:00 PM
    Macro to change your BBM status message. Written with ShortcutMe_Touch 5.9.4.0_OS7_T on 9900/7.0.0.440. Use at your own risk, tests didn't show anything that could go wrong though. Adjust the timer as desired

Input $bbm,New BBM Status #5000;
    If0 $$TimedOut;
    Then0;
    Stop;
    Else0;
    SetLedColor b;
    Led On;
    Launch BlackBerry Messenger_BG;
    While0 !IsAppForeground BlackBerry Messenger;
    Do0;
    Delay1;
    EndWhile0;
    EscKey;
    If1 IsAppForeground BlackBerry Messenger;
    Then1;
    MenuItemFromTop1;
    Delay100;
    NavMoveUp2;
    NavClick;
    Delay50;
    NavMoveUp1;
    *BackspaceKey;
    Key $bbm;
    EscKey;
    *Keys;
    Else1;
    Launch BlackBerry Messenger_BG;
    While1 !IsAppForeground BlackBerry Messenger;
    Do1;
    Delay1;
    EndWhile1;
    MenuItemFromTop1;
    Delay100;
    NavMoveUp2;
    NavClick;
    Delay50;
    NavMoveUp1;
    Delay50;
    *BackspaceKey;
    Key $bbm;
    EscKey;
    *Keys;
    EndIf1;
    EndIf0;

dimm0k likes this.
    10-31-11 04:06 PM
    So I have the following:

App Name: Options
    Macros:
    While0 !IsAppForeground Options;
    Do0;Delay1;
    EndWhile0;
    NavMoveDown4;
    ENTERKey;
    Delay20;
    NavMoveDown1;
    ENTERKey;
    Delay20;
    Keybuyr;

This is supposed to enter Options > Device > Device and Status Information > (type) BUYR

For the most part it does everything up to the Keybuyr part. Am I using Key correctly?
    11-01-11 09:33 AM
    So I have the following:

Macros:
    Do0;Delay1;
    EndWhile0;
    NavMoveDown4;
    ENTERKey;
    Delay20;
    NavMoveDown1;
    ENTERKey;
    Delay20;
    Keybuyr;

This is supposed to enter Options > Device > Device and Status Information > (type) BUYR

For the most part it does everything up to the Keybuyr part. Am I using Key correctly?
    Use this

Macros:
    Do0;Delay1;
    EndWhile0;
    NavMoveDown4;
    ENTERKey;
    Delay20;
    NavMoveDown1;
    ENTERKey;
    Delay20;
    *Keybuyr;

The * infront of keys (*Key, *SpaceKey, etc) makes things... Different lol. Iunno how or what changes, think of it like Alternative Launching. We dunno how or why it works, but usually it fixes things.

dimm0k likes this.
    11-01-11 08:33 PM
    Has anyone been able to successfully set up a macro to automatically fill in the text field then send an SMS to a specific person?

For example, I've set up a shortcut to SMS Bob. Shortcut launches SMS, specifically to Bob, but can't launch a macro to type in the text and then send.

Please help.
    Trying to create a macro to sort messages that are flagged marked on them? Any suggestions? Thanks!!! (I can do it manually select under advanced search). I am pretty sure a macro could be created just not sure how.

Any help will be appreciated!
    11-03-11 12:50 PM
    Trying to create a macro to sort messages that are flagged marked on them? Any suggestions? Thanks!!! (I can do it manually select under advanced search). I am pretty sure a macro could be created just not sure how.

Any help will be appreciated!
    To just show the flagged messages?
    You can simulate an alt+f keying in messages to show flagged messages.

Launch messages;delay300;
    altpluskeyf;

11-03-11 01:05 PM
    Since the "Device Info" and "Device Info Plus" apps are missing some key elements like device uptime, how can I get some sort of quick access to this? I understand that the macro GetUpTime exists, but how can I make it display? The following macro shows all 0s for me:

Set $uptime=GetUpTime;
    Show$uptime;

Probably would also like to have something similar to show me the version of SCM...
    11-06-11 02:18 AM
    Since the "Device Info" and "Device Info Plus" apps are missing some key elements like device uptime, how can I get some sort of quick access to this? I understand that the macro GetUpTime exists, but how can I make it display? The following macro shows all 0s for me:

Set $uptime=GetUpTime;
    Show$uptime;

Probably would also like to have something similar to show me the version of SCM...
    For GetUptime make sure all the permissions for SCM are set to allow (this usually resets after update)

GetSCMVersion will return the version you're running

11-06-11 02:22 AM
    Anyone have the bb audio media player launching an m3u playlist in SCM .... that continues to play?

Tried several methods and the best I can get is .... It only plays the first song in the m3u list.... Then it stops. If I run the m3u playlist manually, it plays all songs in the list.

Does Launching MediaCommon or net_rim_bb_medialibraryplayer support a parameter? ie: Launch MediaCommon, sdcard/blackberry etc etc
    11-12-11 07:55 PM
    Moving this over from different thread

I am trying to write a macro that creates an email, and adds people to be cc'd on the email. Can you please suggest some syntax?

Thanks.
    Here is a very very general macro to accomplish this. You will need to modify this heavily based on how many people you wish you cc, and the amount/position of each person's email address. Written using. ShortcutMe 5.9.5.0_OS7_T on 9900/7.0.0.540

App name: Macro
    Macros:
    LaunchAndWait Messages;
    MenuKey;
    MenuItemFromTop1;
    *Keyc;
    Show is "compose email" selected?;
    NavClick;
    Keycontact name or email;
    NavClick;
    NavClick;
    NavMoveDown1;
    Keycontact name or email;
    NavClick;
    NavClick;

This is the only way I could make it work. Using MSG_EMAIL for the app name didn't work out when I tried

Last edited by Juggalo20; 11-17-11 at 11:29 PM.
    mocohead likes this.
    11-17-11 11:23 PM
1,385 ... 3536373839 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD