QUESTION:

HasRadioConnection macro is returning true when signal is SOS. Is this normal?
    Is it possible to have an IsAppRunning macro for Now_Playing? I've tried all the available app names with media in it, and, of course, Now_Playing.
    if0 isapprunning net_rim_bb_medialibraryplayer;
    then0;
    BLABLA;
    endif0;

That one works on the 9810.
    anon(4113192) likes this.
    09-29-11 02:48 AM
    QUESTION:

HasRadioConnection macro is returning true when signal is SOS. Is this normal?

Is it possible to have an IsAppRunning macro for Now_Playing? I've tried all the available app names with media in it, and, of course, Now_Playing.

SPECS:
    ShortcutMe v5.8.3.1 *all permission set to allow
    9900 *nearly fresh os install
    I can't speak on the SOS (hard to achieve for me )

Update
    Damn you're fast gbsn lol replied as soon as I got the email :P

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Juggalo20; 09-29-11 at 02:55 AM.
    09-29-11 02:50 AM
    Holy crap,

Juggalo20
    gbsn

You guys are awesome. Thank you.
    09-29-11 03:04 AM
    QUESTION:

Is there a way to determine if a shortcut was launched within ShortcutMe or by MyOwnIcons? I'm trying to have one shortcut do two different things, depending on the answer.
    09-29-11 03:31 AM
    QUESTION:

Is there a way to determine if a shortcut was launched within ShortcutMe or by MyOwnIcons? I'm trying to have one shortcut do two different things, depending on the answer.
    Not as far as I know.

09-29-11 03:45 AM
    A little something I whipped up to check if WiFi is on and connected, otherwise turn it off. Wrote it to be used with repeating auto launch. Like, ever 60 mins or whatever you want. This was written on 9900/7.0.0.353 with ShortcutMe_Touch 5.8.3.1. I can't imagine any possible bad things that could happen, but as usual everything I post is USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. Just wrote this tonight (after the whistles while playing NHL '12 hah), and tested using 30 minutes between launches (used a ding so I knew when to look lol). Seems to work just fine.

If0 IsWiFiOn;
    Then0;
    If1 HasWifiConnection;
    Then1;
    Stop;
    Else1;
    Launch WiFi_Off;
    EndIf1;
    Else0;
    Launch WiFi_On;
    Delay60000;
    If2 HasWifiConnection;
    Then2;
    Stop;
    Else2;
    Launch WiFi_Off;
    EndIf2;
    EndIf0;

Checks if WiFi is on, if it is checks if Wifi is connected, if it is, stop.
    If wifi is on but not connected, turns wifi off,
    If wifi is off, turns it on, waits 1 minute, if wifi is still not connected then turn it off, if wifi established a connection, leave wifi on.

09-29-11 05:14 AM
    gbsn and Juggalo20,
    It is a pleasure to look into macros you have written.

Regarding your requested macros and GoTo/Function, I am working on some of them while thinking about how to implement GoTo/Function.

Currently I am stuck on the implementation of the Sum, Sub, Mult, and Div macros.
    09-29-11 02:21 PM
    Notepad++ User Language
    If you like to write ShortcutMe macros from your PC, here is a User Language to be imported into Notepad++.

Basically, all this does is format txt documents so it's easier to read and write on your pc...

If you rename the extension of a txt document to scm, Notepad++ will automatically recognize it as a ShortcutMe macro file (after you've imported the user language). You can also make Notepad++ be the default program for opening scm files.

Read the readme file. Convert the readme file extension to txt if you have can't open it. The user language assumes that you are putting spaces after functions, except logic and custom key inputs.

This isn't an official release, and is in no way supported by ShortcutMe.
    I'm just some random guy who made this on his coffee break.

Cheers.
    Tell me what caffee you order so I order the same!

Thanks. It is awesome.
    It got me to start thinking about finding an easy way to transfer the macros (written in Notpad++) to ShortcutMe.
    Last edited by Vijik; 09-29-11 at 04:20 PM.
    09-29-11 02:23 PM
    QUESTION:

If and only if you need one shortcut, then not at this moment. It would require MyOwnIcons to be able to send pre-macros to SCM, that way you can set "pre-variables" sent from MOI to SCM, which SCM will check for these.

Alternatively, you can create a new shortcut, for myownicons to launch. This new shortcut imports the original shortcut you want, but before importing it, you set a variable. Then the original shortcut will check if this variable exists and do something depending on it. Basically, something like i posted above using isdefined. You will require two shortcuts though, not just one.

Myownicons launches AB
    AB contains
    set $moi=1;
    importmacro AA;

AA contains
    if0 isdefined $moi, then0 plockplock
    endif0 or else0 depending on your needs
    macros
    macros
    macros
    Last edited by gbsn; 09-29-11 at 06:31 PM.
    09-29-11 06:28 PM
    Oh, that's clever. It works perfectly.

Thanks gbsn
    10-02-11 08:04 PM
    Thanks Vijik, ShortcutMe's upgrade pace is incredible.

The notepad++ user language doesn't inspire good macro writing though, because of the spaces
    Last edited by ONE618; 10-02-11 at 09:21 PM.
    10-02-11 08:30 PM
    Wow rough morning... Moved this post to the correct thread http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...09#post6727109
    Last edited by Juggalo20; 10-02-11 at 11:28 PM.
    10-02-11 10:24 PM
    Thanks Vijik, ShortcutMe's upgrade pace is incredible.

The notepad++ user language doesn't inspire good macro writing though, because of the spaces
    At last I got some time last night to look at the Notepad++ and your language definision.
    I wanted to find out what you meant with Spaces and problem on Notepad++, but I couldn't even get the language definision detected by Notepad++.
    (I did add your Lang. Def XML file to the Notepad directory, the one opened by entering %APPDATA%\Notepad++ in Windows/Start/Run, but Notepad++ did not "see" the new file as a Language Definision).

Notepad++ is open source.
    If it could be "reprogrammed" to send the text (macros) over USB, I could get ShortcutMe to accept macros from USB port.
    That way, all the macro development could be done on the PC and selecting a menu item in Notepad++ could get that macro run on the connected BlackBerry right a way.

10-03-11 07:16 AM
    thanks mate..
    10-03-11 07:42 AM
    Notepad++ User Language Import:
    *assuming Notepad++ v5.9.3 has been installed
    Launch Notepad++ then click
    View
    User-Defined Dialogue...
    In the User-Defined pop-up menu click
    Import
    Open the downloaded .xml file
    Opening the readme file:
    Right click the readme file and select open with
    Click Notepad++ under Recommended Programs in the Open With pop-up menu;
    *if Notepad++ isn't there, ether browse to its install directory manually or select Edit with Notepad++ instead of open with when right clicking the readme file

Done

*the previous comment about spaces was about how some apps launch faster when written without a space after launch, but the user language can't do the font formatting if spaces aren't used after functions - besides custom key simulation.
    Last edited by ONE618; 10-03-11 at 07:53 AM.
    10-03-11 07:46 AM
    At last I got some time last night to look at the Notepad++ and your language definision.
    I wanted to find out what you meant with Spaces and problem on Notepad++, but I couldn't even get the language definision detected by Notepad++.
    (I did add your Lang. Def XML file to the Notepad directory, the one opened by entering %APPDATA%\Notepad++ in Windows/Start/Run, but Notepad++ did not "see" the new file as a Language Definision).

Notepad++ is open source.
    If it could be "reprogrammed" to send the text (macros) over USB, I could get ShortcutMe to accept macros from USB port.
    That way, all the macro development could be done on the PC and selecting a menu item in Notepad++ could get that macro run on the connected BlackBerry right a way.

*edited*

It works pretty good, needs a fix for variables though,

if0 IsDefined $test1;
    Then0;
    Ding100;
    Else0;
    Vibrate100;
    EndIf0;

breaks it but damn good start though ^_^
    Last edited by Juggalo20; 10-03-11 at 07:54 AM. Reason: ONE618 beat me to the post ;p
    10-03-11 07:47 AM
    Thanks Juggalo20. I tried to have a font format for variables without having to put it $between$ dollar signs, but I couldn't figure a way without having variables the same colour as custom key inputs or applications. I'll poke around a little more later. Cheers.

EDIT: the ding100 and vibrate100 should also break it -> ding 100 and vibrate 100 wont.
    Last edited by ONE618; 10-03-11 at 08:04 AM.
    10-03-11 08:01 AM
    This could turn into gold though for sure... With this and either haxxed Notepad++ (to communicate with SCM) or even just this and SOTI Pocket Controller (allows copy/paste from computer to BB or visa versa)...
    /me drools

10-03-11 08:08 AM
    For some reason HasRadioConnection is returning false regardless of connection. It didn't always do this, and I'm using the same macro to debug. I'd re-install ShortcutMe, but I don't have an SDcard to backup to...

If0 HasRadioConnection;
    Then0;
    SetLedColorGreen;
    Else0;
    SetLedColorRed;
    EndIf0;
    LedOn;
    Delay120;
    LedOff;

Me = confused
    Last edited by ONE618; 10-03-11 at 09:04 AM.
    10-03-11 09:01 AM
    For some reason HasRadioConnection is returning false regardless of connection. It didn't always do this, and I'm using the same macro to debug. I'd re-install ShortcutMe, but I don't have an SDcard to backup to...

If0 HasRadioConnection;
    Then0;
    SetLedColorGreen;
    Else0;
    SetLedColorRed;
    EndIf0;
    LedOn;
    Delay120;
    LedOff;

Me = confused
    Confirming using ShortcutMe_Touch 5.9.0.0
    If0 HasRadioConnection;
    Then0;
    Vibrate300;
    Else0;
    Ding100;
    EndIf0;

What version are you using ONE618?

10-03-11 09:13 AM
    Tested with your macro, same result. Using 5.9.0.0
    10-03-11 09:16 AM
    Tested with your macro, same result. Using 5.9.0.0
    Yeah musta got broken when Vijik went to fix the SOS signal bug.

10-03-11 09:18 AM
    I can't seem to get ShortcutMe to work with Facebook.. I've tried MENUkey, PasteFromCB and key and none of these are sending anything to FB.. Any ideas?
    Last edited by xACiD; 10-05-11 at 02:08 AM.
    10-05-11 02:04 AM
    I can't seem to get ShortcutMe to work with Facebook.. I've tried MENUkey, PasteFromCB and key and none of these are sending anything to FB.. Any ideas?
    What model of phone? What OS version? What version of ShortcutMe? I don't have a facebook account to test with, but at least some info might help someone who does. If no replies tomorrow I'll sign up just to test heh

10-05-11 05:13 AM
    Yeah musta got broken when Vijik went to fix the SOS signal bug.
    Correct. I will fix it in the next rev.

10-05-11 07:59 AM
1,385 ... 2930313233 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD