I can reproduce the issue with 'SetBrightness' macro. It looks like that it is a bug. I will fix it soon.

Thanks Vijik. Also, I can totally understand why RIM wouldn't allow an app to unlock the device. I kinda like knowing my phone can't be automatically unlocked by an app.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-09-11 12:05 AM
    ShortcutMe 5.5.5.3 (for BBs running BB OS 5.x and 6.x) and ShortcutMe 5.8.1.6 is ready on the beta link for download.

New in these versions:

* 'SetBrightness' macro bug is fixed

* Added 'IsPasswordEnabled' macro (returns TRUE if the device has password)

* Doesn't automatically add ';' before IsXXXX macros when the macro is picked form the drop down menu in Macro Editor.

* Can now open if # of shortcuts is zero

Please upgrade and let me know how it goes. I want to release these new versions, so your feedback helps to root out bugs before release.
    09-10-11 09:03 AM
    Any of you have a BB running BB OS 5.x or 6.x and want to do a test with 'Unlock' macro?

I put 5.5.1.0 on the server, I need someone to downgrade to it and see if 'PasswordKey' and 'Key' macro can be used to enter password in the BB Password Entry screen.
    09-10-11 09:06 AM
    Is it possible to directly launch the Text Messages app, instead of launching the Messages app then opening the SMS Messages folder? Removing the "$" shortcut on the 9900 was a bizarre choice by RIM.
    09-13-11 03:48 PM
    How do we gain access to the Beta releases? I'd love to use the new "IsPasswordEnabled" macro to convert my two password enable/disable macros into one toggle.
    09-13-11 03:51 PM
    Is it possible to directly launch the Text Messages app, instead of launching the Messages app then opening the SMS Messages folder? Removing the "$" shortcut on the 9900 was a bizarre choice by RIM.
    app name: messages
    macros:
    delay50;
    altpluskeys;

or

app name:
    macro
    macros:
    launch messages;delay60;
    altpluskeys;

or

app name: sms_page

When is the shortcut limit bump coming
    Last edited by gbsn; 09-13-11 at 04:38 PM.
    09-13-11 04:26 PM
    ShortcutMe 5.5.5.3 (for BBs running BB OS 5.x and 6.x) and ShortcutMe 5.8.1.6 is ready on the beta link for download.

New in these versions:

* 'SetBrightness' macro bug is fixed

* Added 'IsPasswordEnabled' macro (returns TRUE if the device has password)

* Doesn't automatically add ';' before IsXXXX macros when the macro is picked form the drop down menu in Macro Editor.

* Can now open if # of shortcuts is zero

Please upgrade and let me know how it goes. I want to release these new versions, so your feedback helps to root out bugs before release.
    The SetBrightness works like a charm on 9900/7.0.0.353. I do notice though it doesn't actually show the change in Options -> Display -> Screen Display. If had it set at 10, use SCM macro to change to 100, the options will still show it as 10. I know this would be an OS issue, but thought you ought to know.

The IsPasswordEnabled also works perfect

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-11 06:13 PM
    The SetBrightness works like a charm on 9900/7.0.0.353. I do notice though it doesn't actually show the change in Options -> Display -> Screen Display. If had it set at 10, use SCM macro to change to 100, the options will still show it as 10. I know this would be an OS issue, but thought you ought to know.

The IsPasswordEnabled also works perfect
    Yes, this is an BB OS issue (maybe not an issue but a feature). APIs available to change backlight brightness don't change the settings in Options.
    09-15-11 05:10 AM
    So, because of all the talk of dim keyboards on the 9900. I wrote a lil macro to increase the brightness. This requires the Engineering Screen be already unlocked. Also this is to be used AT YOUR OWN RISK. The Engineering Screens are nothing to take lightly from what I've read, so .. Please be cautious and don't be shy about adding "stop;" until you're 100% this'll work for you. The macro will Ding100 and Vibrate200 any time it stops.

This was written on 9900/7.0.0.353 with Leave It On and the BlackBerry Feedback Tool in my system menu, although neither of those should impact the macro (shouldn't matter if you don't have either of them installed). I added tons of checks to try to make sure nothing could go wrong, but there's a point when it just becomes overkill.

I promise nothing and take zero responsibility. Using this is 100% at your own risk. I'll explain the steps though.

LaunchHome Screen;Delay100;EndKey;
    If0 IsAppRunning net_rim_escreen_app;
    Then0;
    AltPlusKeyEscr;Vibrate200;Ding100;Stop;
    Else0;
    AltPlusKeyEscr;MenuItemFromTop4;
    If1 IsAppForeground net_rim_escreen_app;
    Then1;
    NavClick;MenuItemFromTop10;
    If2 IsAppForeground net_rim_escreen_app;
    Then2;
    NavClick;MenuItemFromTop11;
    If3 IsAppForeground net_rim_escreen_app;
    Then3;
    NavClick;MenuItemFromTop4;
    If4 IsAppForeground net_rim_escreen_app;
    Then4;
    DELKey;DELKey;DELKey;DELKey;DELKey;KEY60000;
    If5 IsAppForeground net_rim_escreen_app;
    Then5;
    MenuKey;Delay10;NavClick;
    ESCKey;ESCKey;ESCKey;ESCKey;Ding100;Vibrate200;
    Else5;
    Vibrate200;Ding100;Stop;
    EndIf5;
    Else4;
    Ding100;Vibrate200;Stop;
    EndIf4;
    Else3
    Vibrate200;Ding100;Stop;
    EndIf3;
    Else2;
    Vibrate200;Ding100;Stop;
    EndIf2;
    Else1;
    Vibrate200;Ding100;Stop;
    EndIf1;
    EndIf0;

Launches the Home Screen, because AltPlusKeyEscr if used while the cursor is in a text field will not actually launch the escreen.
    Checks if the escreen is already open, since this would impact the macro, it ends if the escreen is already open.
    Open the escreen, and move the cursor to "OS Engineering Screen"
    Check to make sure the escreen is still in the foreground, if not, end
    Open the OS Engineering Screen, move the cursor to "Light Sensor"
    Open "Light Sensor" move the cursor to "Keypad Zone: Full"
    Open "KeyPad Zone: Full" move the cursor to "Upper Brightness"
    Press the Delkey 5 times, enter "60000"
    Press the MenuKey, the cursor should already be on "Update Zone Details", NavClick, then ESCKey 4 times to exit the engineering screens returning you to the Home Screen.

If anyone spots an error please let me know, I did my best to check it fully though.
    Oh, and this is NOT a perminant fix, it will reset to 10000 every reboot (aka battery pull). I don't know how or if it's possible to fix it perminantly. Hence the macro.
    Last edited by Juggalo20; 09-16-11 at 03:24 AM. Reason: forgot a bunch of EndIfs, no errors were thrown though, guessing the "stop"s must have avoided errors?
    09-16-11 02:47 AM
    @ Juggalo20,

Cool macro!

I plan to add a Debug (or Safe-Run) mode where users can test run macros. In that mode ShortcutMe suspends ('Suspend' macro) automatically before those macros that selects/runs something (i.e. ENTERKey, NavClick, ..).

That mode could help you and others to test long macros.
    09-17-11 08:11 PM
    That'd be awesome

09-17-11 08:19 PM
    Macros for consideration:

IsBluetoothOn, returns boolean
    IsRadioOn
    ,returns boolean
    IsWifiOn
    ,returns boolean

Sample usage: Enabling bridge, then check if bluetooth needs to be enabled also in OS 7

launch manage connections;
    navmovedown4;
    navclick;
    navmovedown3;
    navclick;
    menuitemfromtop1;
    spkeyo;
    if0 !isbluetoothon;
    then0;
    navmovedown1;
    navclick;
    endif0;
    esckey;esckey;esckey;

ScreenMove(x,y)
    , debugging ScreenTap, moves but doesnt tap. Similar to navmove but based on the pixel grid of ScreenTap, if its possible of course, i haven't checked the API to see if its a valid action.
    Last edited by gbsn; 09-18-11 at 11:20 PM.
    09-18-11 10:52 PM
    I just added IsWifiOn, IsRadioOn, IsBtOn, and IsNfcOn macros in a version I am alpha testing.

Will check and see if it is possible to add ScreenMove macro.

09-19-11 09:00 AM
    It looks like that 'Key' and 'PasswordKey' macro can enter the apssword in BlackBerry log-in screen:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post6691012

I haven't done anything with the macros that could have caused this.
    So I assume maybe you guys who had problem with entering the password using macros probably just need a 'NavClick' macro before 'PasswordKey' macro.
    09-19-11 07:47 PM
    It looks like that 'Key' and 'PasswordKey' macro can enter the apssword in BlackBerry log-in screen:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post6691012

I haven't done anything with the macros that could have caused this.
    So I assume maybe you guys who had problem with entering the password using macros probably just need a 'NavClick' macro before 'PasswordKey' macro.
    It (seems) to actually be the "Unlock" command. Using that disables any input simulation. Using the example in the MediaKeyBooster thread you posted works perfect, but if you throw the Unlock macro in there it stops working.
    09-20-11 12:43 AM
    It (seems) to actually be the "Unlock" command. Using that disables any input simulation. Using the example in the MediaKeyBooster thread you posted works perfect, but if you throw the Unlock macro in there it stops working.
    Good observation.
    I will check and see what can be done with 'Unlock' macro.
    Can 'Unlock' be replaced by 'ESCKey' macro?
    09-20-11 04:39 AM
    ESCKey does work instead of unlock.

Following macro locks the device and 4 seconds later unlocks the device after entering password:

--AppName: Macro
    --Parameter:
    --Macros: Lock;Delay4000;ESCKey;Delay500;NavClick;Key****;EN TERKey;
    --Display Name: log in Macro test
    --Shortcut Chars: TST
    --Strokes:
    --Color: Default

09-20-11 10:05 AM
    This forum sucks so hard for posting macros, when i view that post I see (note the bold part)
    ESCKey does work instead of unlock.

Following macro locks the device and 4 seconds later unlocks the device after entering password:

--AppName: Macro
    --Parameter:
    --Macros: Lock;Delay4000;ESCKey;Delay500;NavClick;Key****;EN TERKey;
    --Display Name: log in Macro test
    --Shortcut Chars: TST
    --Strokes:
    --Color: Default

ran into that a lot when trying to post. Seems the forum doesn't like a ton of characters without a line break or space... still sucks though.
    Last edited by Juggalo20; 09-20-11 at 11:35 AM.
    09-20-11 11:33 AM
    Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you *drumroll* a way to reboot your blackberry! It's really kinda more of a crash than it is a reboot haha but hey, it works. Use AT YOUR OWN RISK I just stumbled across this. I imagine there's prolly some potential to corrupt something at some point. Especially on the 9900 (tons of threads of white screen of death). I've ran this 7 times and no problem so far though.
    This requires MediaKeyBooster get it at App World or get it at CrackBerry (MobiHand)
    I'm this was tested on 9900/7.0.0.353, ShortcutMe_Touch 5.8.2.0 (beta), MediaKeyBooster 1.4.0.2 (beta)

ShortcutMe_Touch:
    App Name: macro
    Macros:
    Code:
    While0 IsAppRunning Home Screen;
    Do0;
    BacklightOff;
    EndWhile0
    Alternative Launch: <none>
    Parameter: <empty>

MediaKeyBooster:
    Launch: ShortcutMe_Touch
    Parameter: stopmacro
    alternative launch: <none>

The steps i take to make it work, is launch the ShortcutMe_Touch shortcut. Then use MediaKeyBooster to stop the macro. BAM my BlackBerry reboots. Is this a bug or a feature? Probably technically a bug, but i love it.

Update
    If you try this, please post results. And device/os version, ShortcutMe version, MediaKeyBooster version.

Also, I'm up to approx 23 times now. Still no issues \o/

Update #2
    Seems to be lauching anything via MediaKeyBooster will reboot (crash) the phone.
    Last edited by Juggalo20; 09-20-11 at 06:18 PM.
    09-20-11 02:03 PM
    Is it just me, or can I not run macros while I'm making a call?
    I've tried this with both Key and SpKey and I cannot seem to make it work :|
    9900/7.0.0.353 using ShortcutMe_Touch 5.8.2.0 (beta)

Sample:
    Call 555-555-555;
    Delay10000;
    Key1;
    Delay100;
    PasswordKey*****;
    Delay100;
    Key#;
    Delay100;
    PasswordKey*****;
    Delay100;
    Key#;
    Delay1000;
    Key6;
    Delay1000;
    Key7;

Also Vijik I know you have IsWifiOn in the alpha, any chance of expanding that to IsWifiConnected ?

Last edited by Juggalo20; 09-20-11 at 06:56 PM.
    09-20-11 06:15 PM
    Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you *drumroll* a way to reboot your blackberry! It's really kinda more of a crash than it is a reboot haha but hey, it works. Use AT YOUR OWN RISK I just stumbled across this. I imagine there's prolly some potential to corrupt something at some point. Especially on the 9900 (tons of threads of white screen of death). I've ran this 7 times and no problem so far though.
    This requires MediaKeyBooster get it at App World or get it at CrackBerry (MobiHand)
    I'm this was tested on 9900/7.0.0.353, ShortcutMe_Touch 5.8.2.0 (beta), MediaKeyBooster 1.4.0.2 (beta)

ShortcutMe_Touch:
    App Name: macro
    Macros:
    Code:
    Do0;
    BacklightOff;
    EndWhile0
    Alternative Launch: <none>
    Parameter: <empty>

MediaKeyBooster:
    Launch: ShortcutMe_Touch
    Parameter: stopmacro
    alternative launch: <none>

The steps i take to make it work, is launch the ShortcutMe_Touch shortcut. Then use MediaKeyBooster to stop the macro. BAM my BlackBerry reboots. Is this a bug or a feature? Probably technically a bug, but i love it.

Update
    If you try this, please post results. And device/os version, ShortcutMe version, MediaKeyBooster version.

Also, I'm up to approx 23 times now. Still no issues \o/

Update #2
    Seems to be lauching anything via MediaKeyBooster will reboot (crash) the phone.
    LOOOOOOL nice find hahahaha. Works fine on a 9810 with 7.353

Vijik dont fix this hahaha

Further consideration

Macros:
    Do0;
    BacklightOff;
    launch home screen; or use several backlightoff;
    EndWhile0;

Then press and hold the menu key or the esckey while its on the infinite loop (its intermittent though, does not always crash)
    And no need to stop the macro using mkb, instant restart hahaha crap, having fun with shortcutme exploiting the blackberry OS.
    Now i'll be trying which combination of macros makes it crash faster without using mkb lol...

/nothingelsetodo

lol nice...

Even further consideration

Do0;
    BacklightOff;
    BacklightOff;
    BacklightOff;
    BacklightOff;
    BacklightOff;
    BacklightOff;
    BacklightOff;
    BacklightOff;
    EndWhile0;

Will crash-restart it pretty effin' quick without using mkb ;D, it will probably be an instant restart on older devices with less hardware.

One button restart anyone? thats what happens when someone finds a bug then a madman takes it to the extreme.
    Good find juggalo hahaha.

MKB key assignment + SCM crash = the true convenient physical restart button.
    Last edited by gbsn; 09-24-11 at 02:48 PM.
    09-20-11 11:11 PM
    Do0;
    BacklightOff;
    BacklightOff;
    BacklightOff;
    BacklightOff;
    BacklightOff;
    BacklightOff;
    BacklightOff;
    BacklightOff;
    EndWhile0;
    That's awesome ;o it seems to be hit or miss on 9900/7.0.0.353. Spent about an hour and a half toying with that. Looks like my phone just needs to be running and unlocked for a fair bit of time before just the macro will crash it. No matter how long I wait I can't get MyOwnIcons to get it to crash without another button press. Not giving up though ^_^

Also, it's been said before, but I'll say it again, Vijik please don't fix this. xD

Update
    Got it working with MOI now, iunno wtf. I'd added some extra BlacklightOff, didn't help. Removed 4, rebooted, added the 4 back and now it works lol...
    reboot icon on my home screen baby! Wooo!

Also, in regards to Vijik's post below this one. Thanks

Last edited by Juggalo20; 09-21-11 at 06:37 AM.
    09-21-11 04:08 AM
    Even if I try to fix this, you guys find another (macro) way to bring BB OS to its knees!
    So I don't try.
    09-21-11 06:17 AM
    I just tried your restart macro. Man, it is a fast restart!

My 9900 (on 7.0.0.353) shows red, restart LED light less than half a second after Esc Key is clicked twice as the following macro runs:

Do0;
    BacklightOff;
    BacklightOff;
    BacklightOff;
    BacklightOff;
    BacklightOff;
    BacklightOff;
    BacklightOff;
    BacklightOff;
    EndWhile0;
    Last edited by Vijik; 09-21-11 at 08:11 AM.
    09-21-11 06:53 AM
    I just tried your restart macro. Man, it is a fast restart!

My 9900 (on 7.0.0.353) shows red, restart LED light less than half a second when Esc Key is clicked twice after running this macro:

Do0;
    BacklightOff;
    BacklightOff;
    BacklightOff;
    BacklightOff;
    BacklightOff;
    BacklightOff;
    BacklightOff;
    BacklightOff;
    EndWhile0;
    Try adding a few more. In my experiance if your 9900's been running a while you shouldn't need to hit any key. It is occasionally hit and miss, but more hit than miss. I've got 11 BacklightOff right now.

Update
    My 8330/4.3.0.124 with ShortcutMe 5.5.5.3 did not enjoy this... Did not enjoy this one bit... Had to do the old alt+right shift+del. Screen and keyboad blinking like Christmas lights everytime I tried pressing a button. Haha. Left it a few minutes, no reboot though. I'll check it on 4.5 and 5.0 this evening

Last edited by Juggalo20; 09-21-11 at 07:37 AM.
    09-21-11 07:10 AM
1,385 ... 2627282930 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD