Running 5.0.0.979 on my 9700 and updated to 5.5.5.1. Scheduled launch is not working for some reason. Tried uninstalling/reinstalling, changing the app to launch, etc. and nothing helps. Any other suggestions?
    09-02-11 09:27 AM
    Vijik, you may probably want to swap the function of the key and spkey in OS7 devices. Making "key" be "spkey", considering the key macro does not work on menus anymore, only in a few places like text input. Or this is a problem only with the 9810?
    I am aware of that issue, but don't want to do an extreme behind the seen change like this one without it being clear to people sharing their macros with eachother here.
    What do you think about adding a macro to switch this functionality so that this will be visible in the macros being shared?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-11 10:57 AM
    I am aware of that issue, but don't want to do an extreme behind the seen change like this one without it being clear to people sharing their macros with eachother here.
    What do you think about adding a macro to switch this functionality so that this will be visible in the macros being shared?

A macro or a toggle option in the common config?
    How would the macro be? Like a definition on the first line? being at the first line, written only one time, and it would apply to the rest of the macros?

os7keyswap;
    menukey;
    keyb;
    enterkey;
    menukey;
    keys;
    esckey;

Something like that, or it would have to be before each key macro?
    09-02-11 11:15 AM
    Like a definition anywhere in macros. Whereever it shows up, all 'Key' macros turn into 'SpKey' and vise versa after it.

Very much similar to the way 'InjectDelay' macro works.

09-02-11 01:30 PM
    That would work fine too, its much better than having to change multiple key macros in one shortcut. I'm guessing it will only make key like spkey only, keeping spkey as is, since that's the most legacy way.

09-02-11 02:19 PM
    ShortcutMe 5.8.1.4 is on the beta link for those of you having 9900,9930, 9810, 9850, or 9860.

New in 5.8.1.4:

- As requested 'KeyToSpKey' macro was added.
    Any 'Key' macro after 'KeyToSpKey' will execute as 'SpKey' macro.
    (This might be useful for those of you migrating to OS7 and experiencing that the 'Key' macro in your macro shortcuts from OS 6 doesn't work properly on OS7).

- In Direct Launch part of SCM you can now enter more than just 3 characters.
    09-02-11 09:18 PM
    Update:
    I figured out why it works intermittently. Sometimes I put the phone in the charging cradle overnight and it is then that the process fails. It fails because the phone is in bedside mode and requires an additional navbutton press to dismiss the "exit bedside mode?" prompt. Every time I tested the macro I had the phone in my hand, so of course the macro worked

Now to figure out how to deal with the bedside mode prompt, since I don't always have the phone in the cradle when these macros to change profiles are supposed to go off.
    Try and see if the new macro 'IsCharging' (added in 5.5.5.1) can help you to distinguish when it is in the cradle:

$WasCharging=0;
    If2 IsCharging;
    Then2;
    do what is needed to get out of bedside mode;
    Set $WasCharging=1;
    EndIf2;
    Your original macro;
    If3 $WasCharging==1;
    Then3;
    Open Clock and select Bedside mode from the menu;
    EndIf3;

It should work if 'IsCharging' returns true when the device is in cradle (even after the battery is charged).

[Edit: You can also use this as a check:

If2 IsAppForeground net_rim_bb_clock;
    Then2:
    End2;

]
    Last edited by Vijik; 09-02-11 at 09:48 PM.
    09-02-11 09:30 PM
    Try and see if the new macro 'IsCharging' (added in 5.5.5.1) can help you to distinguish when it is in the cradle:

$WasCharging=0;
    If2 IsCharging;
    Then2;
    Set $WasCharging=1;
    EndIf2;
    Your original macro;
    If3 $WasCharging==1;
    Then3;
    EndIf3;

It should work if 'IsCharging' returns true when the device is in cradle (even after the battery is charged).

Then2:
    End2;

]
    Will try it ... how do I get 5.5.5.1?
    09-03-11 06:08 PM
    Vijik, there is something going on between mediakeybooster and shortcutme in OS 7 devices, if you stop a running macro with MKB, then any macro launch after that will pop up a message saying "Macros stopped by a remote application!", the only solution i have found so far is restarting the phone.
    09-05-11 11:00 AM
    Will try it ... how do I get 5.5.5.1?
    Send email to support at shortcutme dot com to get the beta link.
    09-05-11 11:22 AM
    Vijik, there is something going on between mediakeybooster and shortcutme in OS 7 devices, if you stop a running macro with MKB, then any macro launch after that will pop up a message saying "Macros stopped by a remote application!", the only solution i have found so far is restarting the phone.
    That message pops up in ShortcutMe every time its macros are stopped from a remote app (in this case MediaKeyBooster). You see the message only when you open ShortcutMe again.
    09-05-11 11:26 AM
    That message pops up in ShortcutMe every time its macros are stopped from a remote app (in this case MediaKeyBooster). You see the message only when you open ShortcutMe again.
    Nu Nu, problem is, it doesn't go away, it keeps coming back up after i launch another shortcut without me stopping it with mkb the second time.
    09-05-11 01:35 PM
    Nu Nu, problem is, it doesn't go away, it keeps coming back up after i launch another shortcut without me stopping it with mkb the second time.
    You are right. I could see the bug.

It should be fixed now. Please upgrade to 5.8.1.5 (available on beta link) and let me know.
    09-05-11 05:46 PM
    Works fine now thanks.

09-05-11 06:41 PM
    Send email to support at shortcutme dot com to get the beta link.
    Done ... thanks.
    09-05-11 11:08 PM

$WasCharging=0;
    If2 IsCharging;
    Then2;
    Set $WasCharging=1;
    EndIf2;
    Your original macro;
    If3 $WasCharging==1;
    Then3;
    EndIf3;

Then2:
    End2;

]
    I found that IsCharging did not return true when my phone was in the cradle but fully charged. However, the second method (IsAppForeground net_rim_bb_clock) worked.
    09-07-11 11:31 PM
    I'm still having trouble with my unlock macro though. I'm using:

Display name: unlockme
    App name: Macro
    Shortcut keys: UL
    Macros:
    if0 islocked;
    then0;
    delay80;
    unlock;delay300;
    keyPASSWORD;
    enterkey;
    endif0;

but all I get is the text entry box for my password. The macro never types the password into the box. What does the unlock function do ... select the "unlock" button on the password screen?
    09-07-11 11:40 PM
    I'm still having trouble with my unlock macro though. I'm using:

Display name: unlockme

App name: Macro

Shortcut keys: UL

Macros:

if0 islocked;

then0;

delay80;

unlock;delay300;

keyPASSWORD;

enterkey;

endif0;

but all I get is the text entry box for my password. The macro never types the password into the box. What does the unlock function do ... select the "unlock" button on the password screen?

True story, I tested with

Lock;
    Delay20000;
    Unlock;
    Delay10000;
    PasswordKey EncryptedPASSWORD;
    Delay100;
    EnterKey;

And it hangs after opening the unlock prompt, however, if I manually unlock, then open memo pad, the macro will continue at the 10 second delay, then type my password and hit enter.

I can only imagine RIM's put a block somewhere. I'm using ShortcutMe_Touch 5.8.1.5 on 9900/7.0.0.353 (B1672)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-08-11 12:26 AM
    Anytime I try to use "Setbrightness" in a macro it throws "Error reading value for Set Macro! (SetBrightness100)" error.
    Of course the "100" is replaced with whatever brightness I tried to set.

I only mention because it's in the drop down menu in the macro editor, implying it should be usable ^_^
    Last edited by Juggalo20; 09-08-11 at 05:04 AM.
    09-08-11 01:21 AM
    True story, I tested with

Lock;
    Delay20000;
    Unlock;
    Delay10000;
    PasswordKey EncryptedPASSWORD;
    Delay100;
    EnterKey;

And it hangs after opening the unlock prompt, however, if I manually unlock, then open memo pad, the macro will continue at the 10 second delay, then type my password and hit enter.

I can only imagine RIM's put a block somewhere. I'm using ShortcutMe_Touch 5.8.1.5 on 9900/7.0.0.353 (B1672)

Has anyone tried this who is not under an IT policy? Does it work then?
    09-08-11 12:38 PM
    PS, under what circumstances DID the Unlock macro work in initial testing?
    09-08-11 12:40 PM

I have no IT policy.

09-08-11 12:48 PM
    I have no IT policy.

I don't either.
    09-08-11 02:16 PM
    'Unlock' macro only was meant to open the Password Entry popup panel on devices with password (it can fully unlock devices with no set password).

Now, some of you tried and could get PasswordKey and Key macro to enter your password in the popup screen, while that never worked on my BBs.

I just assume RIM doesn't want key injection on the password entry panel as that might open up for trojans/viruses.

I did try to find out if the new changes in macro engine has caused this, but couldn't find anything in the code, so I assume this is RIM/IT departments who have changed something.
    09-08-11 10:58 PM
    Anytime I try to use "Setbrightness" in a macro it throws "Error reading value for Set Macro! (SetBrightness100)" error.
    Of course the "100" is replaced with whatever brightness I tried to set.

I only mention because it's in the drop down menu in the macro editor, implying it should be usable ^_^
    I can reproduce the issue with 'SetBrightness' macro. It looks like that it is a bug. I will fix it soon.
    09-08-11 11:06 PM
1,385 ... 2526272829 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD